August 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 12/20-12/26/18

AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
edited December 2018 in August 2019 Moms
Thought we could start out with some structure and then just go with the flow. 

This is a check in for grads of the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member, please check in and let us know how it's going!
@suzycupcake @smmatt08 @oklahomak @celticknotfire @kels0091 @purplg8r 
If I missed anyone, I apologize please tag. 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: Any holiday plans/traditions you're looking forward to?

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 12/20-12/26/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 1 day

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope! 

Cravings/Symptoms? Still love the idea of peaches but hate them when I eat them. Cramps, nausea and crazy hormones are my current symptoms 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I live on Vancouver island and we had one of the worst storms to hit the island in YEARS. Houses have been destroyed and people will be without power for days. I’m thankful my house and family/friends houses were not destroyed. I stayed home from work because I had a feeling it was going to be a bad storm and I am so thankful I did. 

Questions? Not a question but to any lurkers from TTGP, I think of you all all the time. 

GTKY: Any holiday plans/traditions you're looking forward to? This year it’s just survival. But in the next coming years, all the Xmas eve traditions ! New pjs, hot chocolate and a drive around to look at lights. 
  • Options
    Thank you for starting this, @Avrilmai. So glad to be here, but I know it's a tough day with emeraldduchess' departure.

@kels0091 Have you already had your first appointment? And totally agree on new holiday traditions. We've never started any with it just being the two of us. So excited for all of us to have new traditions this time next year. 

How far along are you? 5w 1d

Anyone have an appointment this week? I was supposed to have one NYE but my RE's nurse (he is also an OB, so we are staying with him) called yesterday to move it to Jan. 3. 

Cravings/Symptoms? On and off back pain, but nothing serious. Just started feeling a little queasy this afternoon. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Early pregnancy anxiety is coming in waves and keeps hitting at the worst times. 

Questions? Is anyone else on progesterone suppositories? If so, does it make you feel horrible right afterward? My progesterone measured low both right before our BFP and at our beta at 4w 1d it was only at 14, so I'm on progesterone through week 12. 

GTKY: Any holiday plans/traditions you're looking forward to? No traditions really, but we are traveling to see my family (they live about 8 hours from us) and we get to tell my parents their first grandchild is on the way, so just really looking forward to that moment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @oklahomak
    i went dec 3rd because I didn’t believe the test and the pregnancy was confirmed. 
    I have an ultrasound Jan 8 and the wait is killing me. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w+4d

Anyone have an appointment this week? Not this week but a repeat beta on 12/24

Cravings/Symptoms? Mild cramping(no bleeding though thankfully) and today I've been really tired

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm still working on accepting that I am actually pregnant.  One day I was looking into home equity loans to finance IVF because IUI hardly ever works the first time and the next day I'm looking at two lines on a test.

Questions? I'm sure there will be plenty to come!

GTKY: Any holiday plans/traditions you're looking forward to? We are having a really low-key holiday this year.  Both my sisters live out-of-state and MH works Christmas day (he works 24-hour shifts).  My MIL and FIL are coming in tomorrow for the weekend with my SIL coming for the day on Sunday but that's about it.

@kels0091 I am not a patient person so I totally relate with the frustration of waiting.
    @oklahomak I'm on the progesterone suppositories and have been for almost 3 weeks now.  Are you taking them at night?  I find if I insert it right before I go to bed I don't really notice any immediate side effects.  My biggest complaint is that they are red so I always have to remind myself I'm not spotting!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @kels0091 waiting on the first appointment is so hard! I was really hoping we’d have an earlier ultrasound, too.

@celticknotfire Yes, I take it right before I get in bed, but it takes me so long to fall asleep and it’s long enough for some awful cramps to set in! Mine are white though - I didn’t realize they even came in red! Will you stay on them for the whole first trimester, too?
  • Options
    @oklahomak I do get some cramping sometimes too and for some reason they were bad last night.  We get to share the joy for the first trimester because I am lucky enough to have to stay on them that long too.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Options
    @kels0091 yes to all the holiday traditions!  I can’t wait for a Santa visit!

@oklahomak I hate this anxiety!  I don’t know how to turn it off. 

@celticknotfire I’ve been having cramping too. Ugh

How far along are you? 5w1d

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope

Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings. Symptoms: slightly sore boobs (probably from PIO), bloated, insomnia, some cramps, and spotting 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I really just want this anxiety to go away. It’s all I think about and I need to find a way to stop. I think the spotting is making it worse. Hopefully I’ll feel better after my first u/s on 1/2. 

Questions?

GTKY: Any holiday plans/traditions you're looking forward to? We have a mini thanksgiving dinner on Christmas Eve (since it’s my fav meal.  Then we have steak, lobster, and crab legs on Christmas because it’s my moms bday.  H and I also do matching pajamas on Christmas Eve (and I get some for my puppy too)
  • Options
    Hi @purplg8r Congrats again! Like you I had some spotting and was scared AF. There was also moderate cramping. Now that my first u/s is over, I feel a whole lot better. They told me that spotting is very very common at this stage and to not worry. It stopped since then but they also told me not to be surprised if it comes back; that the only time I should call is if it becomes heavy or is severe cramping. When they did my u/s, there was some bleeding from uterine stretching but it will absorb.

Of course now I’m thinking about the next hurdle which holiday distraction is helping with. I hope this brings you some comfort somehow and that you’ll find a way to minimize the anxiety. It’s hard when we go through so much to maybe get pregnant and then there is worry after still. Just wanted you to know you aren’t alone. 

Avril told me the other day to remind myself that I am pregnant today. I actually started saying that out loud and it served as a powerful tool to ground me in the present. Maybe it will work for you too. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake thank you so much...it does help!  (And it so helps to know people are feeling the same way!)
  • Options
    @suzycupcake that is such great advice!  It still sounds so weird to hear myself say I'm pregnant.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Options
    @celticknotfire Same. It’s like I’m listening to someone else talk about someone else’s life. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @celticknotfire I still haven't been able to actually say it out loud...

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"