June 2019 Moms
Options

Feedback/Opinions/Help on Conception Date

Hello Everyone!

On August 5th, I took a Plan B. A few days later, I had weird brown blood/discharge. Therefore, I went to the doc on August 16th and 18th for a pelvic exam and a pregnancy test. Both came back within normal limits/negative. I did NOT have a period in August, but in September I did (Sept 6 - I THINK). On October 13th, I took my first pregnancy test and it came back positive. Also a missed period in early October. I’m not understanding why I did not have a period in August, but one in September. Is it possible that the Plan B threw my cycle off completely in August, what was the brown discharge after I took the Plan B? Why didn’t the pelvic exam or the pregnancy test detect IF I was pregnant in August? Was it too early to detect? These might be silly questions, but the docs are saying I conceived in September, due on June 13th according to the sonographs. I just want others opinion as well. I am completely losing my mind because I do not want to be pregnant buy guy A as indicated below. Please mama’s, help ease my mind. First pregnancy and I’m losing it. I think what’s really making me worry is no cycle in August, but one in September. Again, this might be silly, but I want to hear from other mama’s. Thank you. 

Additional info:
Sex with guy A: August 4th/5th.
Sex with guy B: September 20th.

Re: Feedback/Opinions/Help on Conception Date

• Options
    You should trust your doctor. The sonogram would be way off and you would probably have bigger issues if your baby was that much smaller and you were in fact pregnant in August.
  • Options
    Thanks for your comment. I also thought the same. I believe it’s a guilt thing, just can’t get it off of my mind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

asmom19 said:

Hello Everyone!

On August 5th, I took a Plan B. A few days later, I had weird brown blood/discharge. Therefore, I went to the doc on August 16th and 18th for a pelvic exam and a pregnancy test. Both came back within normal limits/negative. I did NOT have a period in August, but in September I did (Sept 6 - I THINK). On October 13th, I took my first pregnancy test and it came back positive. Also a missed period in early October. I’m not understanding why I did not have a period in August, but one in September. Is it possible that the Plan B threw my cycle off completely in August, what was the brown discharge after I took the Plan B? Why didn’t the pelvic exam or the pregnancy test detect IF I was pregnant in August? Was it too early to detect? These might be silly questions, but the docs are saying I conceived in September, due on June 13th according to the sonographs. I just want others opinion as well. I am completely losing my mind because I do not want to be pregnant buy guy A as indicated below. Please mama’s, help ease my mind. First pregnancy and I’m losing it. I think what’s really making me worry is no cycle in August, but one in September. Again, this might be silly, but I want to hear from other mama’s. Thank you. 

Additional info:
    Sex with guy A: August 4th/5th.
    Sex with guy B: September 20th.

QFP

• Options
    pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited December 2018

Hmmm. I’d trust your doctor re: your EDD, and if you’re due in June you conceived in September. But it sounds like you may be best of getting a DNA test when baby is born. No one here can help you further than that. 

(Apparently I cant remember how to gif in TB anymore. I had a good one too.)
  • Options
    I agree with others that your dr knows more than we do. I’ll also add that if you plan to stick around here we typically discourage one-off posts like this. We are a little different than other sites in that we have a nice little community here, so if you’d like to join, please introduce yourself in the intro thread pinned at the top of the board and read the “read this first” to get an idea of how things operate around here. 
    Thanks
    #admin

just curious...what’s so bad about guy A? 😂
  • Options
    asmom19asmom19 member
    edited December 2018
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited December 2018
    Woah woah woah. I was genuinely just curious....but, thanks! Guess you don’t plan on sticking around then, too bad. Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited December 2018
    QFP
  • Options
    pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    I just watched this movie tonight and with OPs response this seems appropriate 
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Sorry for the redundant QFP! Didn’t see your reply and I had to jump on it. 😂
  • Options
    nmbrcrnchr1 I doubt that you were genuine about it, especially not with a “😂”. Merry Christmas to you too! 
  • Options
    pbtoast Keep trying, I’m waiting for it. 
  • Options
    asmom19 said:
    pbtoast Keep trying, I’m waiting for it. 
    Waiting for what?
  • Options
    nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited December 2018
    asmom19 said:
    nmbrcrnchr1 I doubt that you were genuine about it, especially not with a “😂”. Merry Christmas to you too! 

@asmom19 sorry, I smile/laugh a lot, its my favorite

@pbtoast you GIF’d!!! Yay!

ETA QFP (which prob looks funny)
  • Options
    asmom19asmom19 member
    edited December 2018
  • Options

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited December 2018
    I was thinking of another Maury gif but I don’t know how to do it. And it would be very rude. 
  • Options
    Look, if you insist on asking the internet rather than trusting your doctor (who answered this actually already....) at least go to something that is actually helpful instead of bursting into a room of strangers (to you) and being oddly hostile. Honestly your dates are textbook for man B to be the father... butyou know that. And weird things so happen. The dates are honestly almost too perfect and I’m beginning to lean toward MUD. But 🤷🏼‍♀️  
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"