July 2019 Moms

Holiday Weekend Randoms 12/22-12/25

2»

Re: Holiday Weekend Randoms 12/22-12/25

• Told my ILs about baby this weekend. The first words out of their mouth after congrats were 'we'll come up that week and wait for you to have the baby!' 1. We don't have any kids yet so no need to have someone waiting. 2. I'm not a jack in the box. I don't want the pressure of popping out a kid while people wait for me. 3. We only live 3 hours away. And you WILL NOT be present for the birth .Wait until a call. 

Can you tell I'm just annoyed? And we don't know the gender, team green, and MIL keeps referring to the baby as a girl.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @hakele sorry you can't perform at mass tonight. Hope you start feeling better soon.

@rgn12 safe travels!
  • Loading the player...
  • quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited December 2018
    @firecracker_mama jack in the box lol
    @hakele so sorry about the laryngitis :( I used to sing in college and it is such a bummer when your voice doesn't cooperate with big events!!!
  • @firecracker_mama oh man, I’m sorry! I haven’t told anyone that they’re not allowed in the delivery room yet. I’m sure that’ll be interesting if someone wants to be there. I want it to be special for my husband and I, so my hope is that it will just be us and possibly my sister if she can swing it because she’s a doctor and hubby might need help. Lol 
  • @hakele I take my day hour by hour lol. 
  • rgn12 said:
    @firecracker_mama oh man, I’m sorry! I haven’t told anyone that they’re not allowed in the delivery room yet. I’m sure that’ll be interesting if someone wants to be there. I want it to be special for my husband and I, so my hope is that it will just be us and possibly my sister if she can swing it because she’s a doctor and hubby might need help. Lol 
    I at least know she's not expecting to be in the delivery room from my SIL's experience. When SIL had her baby, MIL wanted to leave for the hospital the night BEFORE she was induced. They live 30 min away from them. Excitement is fine but I'm gonna need someone to take a chill pill! Baba
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Merry Christmas to those celebrating today!

My morning is off to a bumpy start. My mom sent way too many toys for my son, like way way way too many. We ask to keep it to like 1-2 and she sent maybe 12 big or messy things, some of which we intercepted and are donating. Then this morning, she doesn't even say Merry Christmas, just sends a big text msg novel about how her night sucked and how she is and my dad aren't going to open presents this morning and are just going to take time to their selves for a while and not to expect to hear from them until afternoon. Cool story. 
  • Merry Christmas @mamanbebe! We are trying to lay the groundwork for my parents that we dont want the kid of have a million gifts. This will be the only grandkid and I'm terrified that it will constantly showered with gifts we dont want or dont have room for.

Sorry your mom is being difficult today. Hope you can enjoy the time with just your SO and son!!
  • Thanks @cindler :) I fault myself this year for not reminding my mom constantly to not buy a bunch of stuff because our house is tiny and DS has so many toys. She doesn’t visit and barely knows him so tries to buy affection etc.

Crazy moms aside, I think if you just keep saying 1 gift and the type, most people will catch the drift eventually. It usually works for us.  :)
  • @mamanbebe That's what we're hoping. The plan is to also instill charity in LO and have them donate some toys before Christmas comes to help keep the amount of stuff to a minimum. 
  • @cindler I think that's a great idea. We've done it a few times, although at 4 1/2, DS still does not completely understand what charity is and sometimes asks for the toys back later. 
  • Family drama+no alcohol=no fun. Luckily I'm mostly on the sidelines, but DH is in the middle.

Other good news is fam we told this weekend all very excited, sorry to those of you dealing with family who are less than happy/actively rude/causing drama about your upcoming arrivals.

Also, quite sick of checking ingredients on appetizers to see if I can eat them. Particularly cheesy ones (yes to the ones with mozzarella, no to the ones with feta, etc.).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mamanbebe My mom is a lot of work too. She knew the one gift my three year old wanted this year and ran out and bought it before we could. My three year old woke up and asked if Santa forgot her dollhouse. No, kid, your grandma just has to take credit for everything and will bring it over in a few hours. So annoyed!! 

Everyone just left our house and I am beyond ready for bed. 
  • @wineandcoffee that’s so frustrating! I don’t understand why this gen of grandparents think they should get to buy all the toys and clothes. Next year I’m going back to only allowing for books or board games. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 most store bought cheeses, including things like feta and goat cheese are made with pasteurized milk and perfectly safe to eat during pregnancy. If they’re heated it’s even less of a concern. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • For those of you finishing up this evening's festivities, we made it!!! Hooray!

Although I'm waiting for husband to kick his friend out that had too much wine at dinner and is currently passed out on our couch...this is why I didn't want him to come. All the family left. He's the only one left. I said eff it and went to bed! Pregnant lady is tired and needs her sleep!!

Hope everyone has a restful day tomorrow 😴