2nd Trimester
Options

Probiotic

Does anyone take a probiotic? If so, which one?

Re: Probiotic

• Options
    Hi, lurking from the 1st Trimester Board. I take a Probiotic, because my IBS and Colitis is in overdrive with this pregnancy. The one I’m taking is Align, however I hear great things about Culturelle. I would call your OBGYN and let them know you are thinking of starting one and ask if they have a preference which one you use during pregnancy and the duration of its use.
  • Options
    I like Culturelle, but Align also looks good. They both give you the specific strain that is used, both strains are tested and proven to be effective. They also both guarantee the number of active cultures in the pill until the expiration date (Culturelle has more, but also costs more). What good does a probiotoc do if half of the cultures have died before you you buy it, or if its filled with with strands that aren't effective? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Culturelle, but Align also looks good. They both give you the specific strain that is used, both strains are tested and proven to be effective. They also both guarantee the number of active cultures in the pill until the expiration date (Culturelle has more, but also costs more). What good does a probiotoc do if half of the cultures have died before you you buy it, or if its filled with with strands that aren't effective? 
    You do know the OP was from October of 2018, right?