Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 12/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 12/19

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 25/benched pending testing 

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: lots and lots of testing 

R/R: today is our last day of dog sitting....and I can’t wait until they come get her. She’s not a terrible dog, actually very well behaved, just constantly on me. The cat hates her so he’s making it known. I’ve also never had dogs that slept on my bed or were allowed on the couches, and of course that’s all she wants. 

I spent most of yesterday making Christmas cookies. I need to stop taste testing them or there won’t be any to give to our neighbors 😂

CS/Q: nothing yet. Going to switch to temping vaginally this cycle and see if I get better results.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 this week has been a reminder why we don’t have a dog yet. I just don’t have the patience for it. I also want a fenced in backyard for the dog, so maybe when we buy a house, we can do that. 

@b_1029 I wasn’t expecting anything from last cycle, so cd 1 isn’t a let down. I made peanut butter blossoms and these pretzel melts. They are basically a circular pretzel with a candy cane Hershey kiss melted in the center. They are delicious. Glad your wrist is healed! I’m sure the clomid will be just fine, although I completely understand the nerves. Fingers crossed it helps.

Edit it cause I wasn’t done.

• Options
    @kbrown2385 Sorry for CD1. Those cookies sound delicious. That’s nice the dog will be going back home and you will have your place back to normal. 

@inthewoods23 GL with the ultrasound tomorrow! I hope you are able to find something to take your mind off all your worries.

@b_1029 Hoping the clomid is just what you need to get KU! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Ava, SMEP, OPK, RLT, CM, Fertility yoga

R/R: Just came off nights and it was a busy one so I’m ready to go crawl into bed for a few hours. When I wake up I have baking and wrapping to do. Time to get into the Christmas Spirit! 

CS/Q: nope
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @kbrown2385 COOKIES!!

How do the pretzel ones taste? I’ve had that pinned on Pinterest for years but haven’t made them yet. Is it really that easy?!

@inthewoods23 I hope you haven’t O’d yet and you have a great U/S tomorrow!! 

@b_1029 You will do GREAT on clomid!! How does the RLT taste? What brand do you buy? I hate fruity teas, but am willing to choke it down to produce a nice fluffy lining for Mr/Mrs Zygote.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I love how chill the cat is getting wrapped  :D

@nomangos23 to be honest, y'all are my therapy counselors <3 but a professional probably isn't a bad idea either! DH would rather I talk to him than to talk to a counselor. I've told him a few times I think I need meds because sometimes I'm in a down mood for days and can't get myself out of it, but he's worried about meds would affect me. TTC is such a roller coaster of emotions, especially when you're dealing with IF! We have things to distract us from our struggles so we've been good just having each other for help with coping  :)
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @misshelen86 Have so much fun getting into the Christmas mood!! I love it so much! Sometimes I think I’m still a kid because I get so excited about things like Christmas and Halloween! Are you working on Christmas this year? (If I remember correctly, you’re a nurse, right?) One year I had to and it was a little sad, but my group made the best of it and we had a Mexican-themed potluck. I brought the guacamole!

@nomangos23 I feel you on the whole TTC making me cray cray and irrational, and painters making a mess (seriously, who taught them how to clean up?!).  I am so glad that therapy has helped you be at peace with the shower situation and wahoo for your Christmas break! Mimosas and waffles everyday, amirite?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    ***lurk***
    @lillywonderland RLT is actually pretty good and not fruity at all (weird, right?). It's more like black or green tea in terms of taste except no caffeine. I was surprised to find that I actually enjoy it, and don't have to choke it down at all!  ETA oh and also I call it uterus tea which grosses out my hubby but amuses me to no end.
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    @kbrown2385 I love those PB ones! The other ones sound amazing too! When are we all coming to your house, lol

@lillywonderland bah car probs. I hope it won't be crazy expensive for you all. And I haven't actually tried it yet, it's on the way from Amazon as we speak, so I'll let ya know! I'm not a big fan of tea in general, but I've sucked so much down in the last 6 months or so trying to get KU  :D

@misshelen86 sounds like a fantastic day! Hope you have a good sleep and have all the fun baking. Can't say wrapping is fun for anyone (who is like me and physically cannot do it haha)

@nomangos23 yep it's basically the side effects coupled with the fact I'm not monitored. I'm on the lowest dose though so I don't know why I'm being so dramatic. Totally agree with you and @inthewoods23 about TTC anxiety...I can't believe some of the crap I've googled over the past year haha. Yes to WTO being slow! I'm glad your counselor was able to help you with those difficult feelings. Let us know when it is so we can be here for you! 

@brookert615 sorry for CD1, but can't wait to SMEP it up September (I can't remember the name, haha!) with you! I'm glad your endo was happy with progress and I hope your results keep improving! Get your sh*t together, liver!

Edited: formatting
  • Options
    @nomangos23 she’s a boxer, only a year old. She is really a good dog, I’m just over it. I’ve been quoting mean girls and real housewives daily, but she’s not getting the hint.

@lillywonderland they are super easy. Oven set to 300, put the pretzel on a sheet pan, put the chocolate on top and melt in the oven for a few minutes. I smooshed it a little bit with the back of a spoon to fill the pretzel area and then added sprinkles. Popped it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden. They are so good! 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    edit: for clarification

@lillywonderland lol that cat gif lolol.  I've been brewing my RLT w/ a lemongrass tea as well & topping it off w/ some agave--I usually put honey in my tea, but I don't like it with the honey for some reason. The lemongrass is good for detoxing & WTO, but once the TWW starts, I'm gonna either have to find another tea to mix it w/ or go at it alone bc I read somewhere not to drink the lemongrass tea* during the TWW (though no one seems to agree on lemongrass & pregnancy/TWW). I've been drinking the Traditional Medicinals brand, but I think I'm going to try a loose leaf version after this runs out. TBH, to me the RLT itself tastes--as Uncle in the Avatar Tv series put it once-- like "hot leaf juice." He is a tea connoisseur on the show, so this is a major insult to the shop's beverage lol.

@brookert615 I'm happy to hear you're on the right track to get your levels right! Sorry for CD1 though. 

@kbrown2385 The cookies look super yum! This is my first month temping & I switched to vaginally right after AF ended & my temps make so much more sense now (I think, I guess, who knows!) You can see from my chart below haha--it was a wild ride those first few days...

@nomangos23 Your enthusiasm is giving my rainy Louisiana day a chance. I'm so glad you were able to work some stuff out with your therapist about that shower you are planning--I'm so glad you feel like you made the right choice.

@inthewoods23 I also feel like all yall are my therapy sessions--OR AT LEAST, like, a place I can talk about this stuff that isn't in DH's ear bc his attention span for this stuff is small & he always gets on me for being "obsessive"--yall make me feel less "obsessive" and, like, like a totally normal human. I've also been like "should i discard this temp" re: my chart--I know you're charted before though it's different this cycle, so--I feel your struggle! I think a legit fever is one of the reasons they tell you to definitely consider discarding though? IDK exactly who "They" is haha, the FAM gods? Wait, they're definitely goddesses...

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO! PNV, FF, BBT, CM, RLT, OPK

R/R: I can't believe we leave in only a few days! All my clothes & jewelry are packed but that's about it. This week is going by way faster than I thought. / You never knew someone could type so many words about pants until this moment: Pants never fit me--they're always too long. But I bought these AMAZING pants at the Good Will the other day that are only a snag long & I will make do bc I love them. They are high-waisted kelly green w/ an interesting cut-- I love them. I packed them already so I can't take a pic haha, but they're amazing & actually vintage. They just barely fit my waist and I don't care. I'll just have to wear them to events where I won't be eating much haha. They DO need to be ironed, though which--makes me sad. I am an Aries with ZERO patience for ironing. I iron once a year. <---I am not kidding. but I'm bringing them home w/ my and my lil bro will iron them for me bc he enjoys ironing. This is why I never learned to iron--he would be the ironer in the fam. He likes to look...

CS/Q: Do yall OPK at the same time every day?
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom That's so exciting! That's awesome you found those pants! I am with you on ironing! I usually do my OPK's around the same times but as I think as long as it is during the day and you haven't drank water a few hours before your test - you're good!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I made some of those with my mom recently. They’re so addicting! 

@kagesstarshroom Ironing is the worst. I asked for a steamer for Christmas, hoping that will be more enjoyable. Probably not though, haha. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, temping

R/R: I’ve had some sciatic pain from an old herniated disc acting up lately. Unfortunately I ended up having back surgery last time, hoping I can get it under control with PT this time. 

CS/Q: none 

• Options
    Wow....I'm too late to this party today!  Also--- what cat ON EARTH would let you wrap it up???  Any that I know would be clawing your eyes out!

Month/Cycle:  Cycle 6

CD:  4

WAYDTGKU:  BBT (swapping to vag instead of oral this time), inositol, PNV, CM/CP; will start SMEP on CD8, and OPKs on CD10.

R/R:  none, really.  Just still working until the weekend.

CS/Q:  Boring right now.  hoping vaginal temping will make chart a little less rocky than previous cycles.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Update: We had to buy a new tire. Waaaaaah!

@brookert615

I really wished you weren’t going to come back to wto, but welcome to the par-tay!! I hope you’re eating steak and bacon today because why not? Also, yay for a decent doctor visit, boo to losing weight, and FOR THE LOVE OF BOB PLEASE WRAP YOUR DOG UP AND TAKE A PIC. I need to see that now, LOL!!

@b_1029 Tea is good...6 months of drinking it and you still don’t like it?!? How are we friends?!? TEA IS LIFE! 🤣 -signed Lilly, a wannabe Brit

@jennifer_louise I’m glad to hear it isn’t a nasty fruit tea...I will pick up some at the store (maybe tmw?). 

@kagesstarshroom Thanks for the tea tip! I usually use honey or Splenda in my tea (Splenda is like my only vice and I can’t give it up, LOL!) I like my leaf water, thankyouverymuch! 😜 Now I’m a bit paranoid about my daily green tea because it has lemongrass in it! I’ll have to pick up a different kind for the TWW - I’m almost out anyways. 

@krassa0315 I hope your back starts to feel better! 

*grammar.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom oh boy, I totally read your question as you asking about temping and not OPKs. Gonna blame it on all the food I had at the work holiday pot luck... Mornings I'm fairly consistent on time but not so much on evenings since I may not need to pee when I get home from work and sometimes I just forget. Weekends are also pretty bad depending on what's going on in my day.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    *lurking*

@inthewoods23 Aww YH's comment about your hot tears made me giggle. I hope he was able to cheer you up just a little. Re: your temp spike, I also had a small spike around 4 days after I finished the letrozole so it's possible it was just a hot flash. 
    @kbrown2385 your friend's dog sounds like MF's dog. He lovessssss me and is my little shadow so he clings to me 24/7 but I don't do clingy, that's why I have cats. My old dog was very independent too so this has been a real adjustment to get used to. He's very sweet but omg get offfff me. And I don't like pets in the bed either but he's basically on top of us and sometimes I just can't deal with it.
    @lillywonderland yah girl, get your SMEP on! 
    @nomangos23 so glad therapy is helping. My therapist is one of my favourite people in the world. Which is weird because I know practically nothing about her, she just sits and listens to me unload the whole time, but she's just one of those people I wish I could bottle and carry around with me at all times. *hugs* And for the record, even when you feel like you're just ranting, your two truths and a lie (or two) WAYDTGKUs always make me smile. The only exercise I get these days is carrying heavy groceries (to stuff my face with) and HIO. 
    @jennifer_louise uterus tea, bahaha :lol: 
    @brookert615 sorry for CD1 but yay for a good checkup with the endo. When you say excessive amounts of B12, what are we talking here? I hate sublingual tabs so I'm really bad at taking them but I really should keep at it. They're just hot pink so when I eat it I look like I've been eating cinnamon hearts or something. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited December 2018
    @lillywonderland

Boo on the new tire! MY work had a luncheon today with a burger bar and even though I had a lettuce wrap I totally put bacon on it haha. I need to try wrapping her up, she's usually pretty lax so I will test it for sure! If it's a success I will definitely post photos! 

@krassa0315 Oh no! Hoping you can get it under control!  <3

@lcking82 Good luck with your temping! I might start doing the same!

@kiki047 The recommended amount is 2.4 mcg and I'm taking at least 6mcg a day lol. My result is in the spoiler.
    I told my endo I was taking a lot and she said to keep doing what I'm doing lol. And that's too funny! If only they tasted like cinnamon hearts! lol

ETA: words.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @lillywonderland Oh nooos I don't want to make anyone paranoid about a thing they enjoy! I had to clear my browsing history to login to pay my phone bill (? right?) so I don't have any of the sites I went to when I was reading up on lemongrass tea before I decided to add it to my RLT for the WTO, but from my (fairly good!) memory, I read lemongrass is good for WTO, but a "who knows" for TWW, & at least one site said to avoid it during that time. Maybe if it's only a small part of the green tea it's fine? ahhh. IDK. I can't find a good, scholarly source saying anything either way--we all know I love my scholarly sources. RLT is apparently best for WTO & to be avoided bc ::shruggy emoji guy:: for TWW, too, according to all the reading online about tea I just did--again.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom:  i do my OPKs in the morning when I wake up (although most folks don't recommend this) and then again in the evenings (after work, with a 3-4 hour hold of urine).  I've found that often find my peak in the evening, but then it's still positive in that next morning.

@lillywonderland:  BOOOOOOO new tire.
  • Options
    HI I'm lurking.

@lillywonderland, I've seen that gif before and it cracks me up! That cat totally loves it!
    @brookert615, sorry for CD1!
    @nomangos23, yay for your last day in the office! Enjoy your time off!
    @kagesstarshroom, those pants sound like the perfect holiday pants!
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2018
    I'm always late to these things, waaaaahhh, feeling like a slacker.  In my defense it's only 5 pm here and I'm many time zones behind most of you. :-)

Month/Cycle: 7/4

CD: 1, boooooo

WAYDTGKU: Just feeling excited to ovulate! (Trying to have a great attitude this time around.) PNV w/folate, Vitex, Maca, CoQ10, baby aspirin, Vitamin D3, exercise, trying to lose the weight gained last time.

R/R: RAVE! Hubby said out of the blue last night that he realized he's very excited by the idea of having a baby.  Well, thank you Jesus, because I have felt (& asked) whether he's just along for the ride.

CS/Q: Not this week...

@kagesstarshroom Same here with the lemongrass tea.  I just read that it's contraindicated in pregnancy & conception and I'm super bummed about that.  But can't remember where I read it.

@inthewoods23 Not sure if it was your DH who monopolizes the convo, but I empathize with that whole sitch.  I try to gently remind MH of this too often after we've been in social situations.  He's a great talker & entertainer but it's super annoying and rude in my eyes.

@nomangos23 You made me LOL at "I'm just ready for a little action and panic and anxiety!" Amen, sister!  :D 

• Options
    @keikilove I am only in Central time, but I definitely always get to the board "late" because I sleep in/am less busy in the afternoons. Sorry about CD1 =/ BUT: super excited that YH is EXCITED about the prospect of having a baby. That's such an important step, I think. 
    @galentine They ARE the perf. holiday pants oh em gee.
    @lcking82 I'm gonna have to get better at holding off on peeing, it sounds like. I wonder why it's not recommended in the morning? The instructions just say not to drink too much water and that any urine will work, but I trust experience over instructions for stuff like this. I also never thought about doing it twice a day until you and @inthewoods23 mentioned it, but that makes sense considering the "window" of time could be at any time of day & if you miss it at night, you might be ~12 hours rather than 24 hours away from O. Ahhhhh! 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom by doing the OPK in the evening, I found that my surge starts a little earlier than I thought. I typically get 2 days of +OPKs and sometimes that actually starts the day before.

@keikilove DH was telling someone else that they monopolize the conversation.

Bowling pin/white elephant gift update - it's finished! I'm going to post the story and pictures in the December randoms thread so everyone can see it since I know not everyone views all the daily or weekly threads
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause