June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 12/17

Re: Weekly Randoms - 12/17

• Options
    @whitney812 I haven't seen the show yet but I listened to the podcast. Man what a crazy story! I want to watch the show.

Bachelor nation member here, too....  o:) 
  • Options
    amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited December 2018
    Why do I even bother getting to my Dr appointment on time?   3:15 appointment and it is 3:52 and I'm still sitting in the waiting room.

And they wonder why my blood pressure is high...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhems776 I’m right there with you. My brain is already on vacation. 

@wearyfuzzball before you get too jealous, I threw up the coffee, lol. 
  • Options
    @antera23 Nooooooooooo 💔💔💔 
  • Options
    @jhems776 oh my gosh! I totally thought it was Thursday today, too! I was pretty disappointed. I'm supposed to have my next OB appointment on Thursday, so I was even a little more disappointed. 

@eleven_ I'll be honest, I'm not a huge bachelor fan, but I do enjoy watching it sometimes. I actually watched it the most when we would do a pool in my office for it. After the first two shows, you'd pick your favorite person (we drew numbers so if someone took your pick before your turn, you needed to have back-ups) to win. Then as the season went on, people would be eliminated. When someone was eliminated, they had to bring in a treat to the office. The winner would get this little silly chicken statue we had. 
  • Options
    @eleven_ I’m a bachelor watcher, which I’m not super proud of but I’ve got DH hooked so I think we’re in it now. 

Whhhyyy isn’t it Friday?? 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I got my DH hooked on it too, haha. It’s  nice to have someone at home to watch it with.
  • Options
    canuckbabycanuckbaby member
    edited December 2018
    @sparklingdiamond is it a photo you have to send in? What about an unrealistic tin can phone with you in your house talking into it and do a side by side photo with a friend listening on the other end in a room thats clearly not from same house? Ie both photos from the kitchen and you could have them facing away if they didnt want their photo shared.... or what about a pick of you sitting with your pants around ankles like you are on toilet playing solitare with real cards on the bathroom floor?

Eta: not of you sitting on toilet just a shot downwards where you can see part of your legs and the pants and then the game on floor
  • Options
    @canuckbaby oh I like those!  Thanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    No problem @sparklingdiamond i was just thinking of things people do with their phones ie play games on the toilet lol my office is right across the hall from a one stall bathroom and the door can stay closed 15 min at a time some days 
  • Options
    We just got hit with a very nasty stomach bug. I’m honestly still not sure if I got the bug or it was wicked MS from not being able to eat and sleep normally. But DH and DS got it pretty bad. We’re all finally better (minus my normal MS problems) but now I have to clean up the war zone that is my house 🤢😭
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    eleven_eleven_ member
    edited December 2018
    I definitely hate watch The Bachelor. I love making fun of everyone  :D

@nmbrcrnchr1 I don't know how I feel about Colton. I'm sick of hearing about how he is a virgin. He is so hot though.

Oh no @tuxielove93 , the stomach bug on top of MS? :anguished: I'm so sorry. At least you are feeling better before Christmas!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I used to watch The Bachelor with a couple girlfriends...between the three of us, we alternated who would bring the bottle of wine every week, and we chose three words or phrases every season as our trigger words -- usually "amazing", "journey", and one more tailored to the specific season (like for the dillhole from Iowa, it was "farm", or for that jackwagon winemaker who hooked up with the model girl, it was "free drinks" at first and then "happily ever after" later in the season when most of the alkies got filtered out). We'd down the entire bottle of wine every week. But then, sadly, both friends moved and it just wasn't the same trying to all watch it on our own and talk about it later. I haven't made it a full season in a few years now. But might give it a try again this season, if for no other reason than to participate in the threads about it!
  • Options
    When does the bachelor start? I usually watch every other season it seems. Also I think Colton is a whiny bitch. He seems kinda shady with how things went down on BIP. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 It starts January 7th. Yeah, I didn't like Colton very much on BIP. Things with him and Tia were.... weird. It was painful to watch. 
    TW

• Options
    I agree. I’m not so sure about Colton after BIP. But I’ll probably still watch it. The only season that was truly insufferable for me was Juan Pablo. 
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing lol i am the major breadwinner so i have to work but today is definitely one of those days too
  • Options
    nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited December 2018
    Ok, all you colton haters. Hahaha I do get it. I thought BIP was pretty staged, but aren’t they all? I follow him on IG and I will continue to be a fan of his dog loving bod 😂

@dntstpbelieveing I asked my DH multiple times that same question this past year. Today is my last day of work for the year so I’m sure on Jan 2nd I’ll ask him again if I really have to go back!
  • Options
    Maybe my app is being wonky but did someone just post an intro and then respond to their own intro?
  • Options
    @canuckbaby oh yea, I dont have a choice I have to keep working. But it is nice to dream.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball someone definitely just did that
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball dude I was lurker in another pregnancy app community... ho-ly shit eight years later bumpies are still the most sane. 😄
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing no because my SO just did that yesterday! We are down to just my income :neutral:
  • Options
    Haha I had to go read the intro and yea looks like a response to her own post.  Odd...
  • Options
    I'm not against Colton @nmbrcrnchr1 He seems nice enough. I'm sure it'll be a fun season since he's attractive and that's enough to make the contestants act crazy ha
  • Options
    I am also very confused by the intro. Is she trying to have a conversation with herself. Or is it someone trying to have 2 identities and they failed to log out and log in as a new name??

im off work the rest of the year, I should be cleaning or catching up on housework but instead I’m bumping and putting off a shower
  • Options
    I think she just doesn't know how to tag. 
    TW

• Options
    @TJtheGoat I think of so many all week and then I have zero ideas the day of. I really need to write them down!
    TW

• Options
    So, I have a lingering congestion mostly in my ears. I fly out to visit family tomorrow and I'd like to not have my ear hurt the entire time.

Any tips? I talked to my OB said they said any Robitussin or any Mucinex. But Google has mixed reviews about Mucinex. They said nothing of Sudafed which Google said was good.

Any tips?  I'll probably just load up on Tylenol but I'm afraid that won't help.

• Options
    @amaren-2 my Dr. approved flonase nasal spray for me. I do one squirt in each nostril twice a day when I start to feel my ears fill up and it helps a lot. 
  • Options
    @amaren-2 I have trouble with my ears on a regular basis due to allergies and I find that a warm compress helps if you don’t want to medicate. 

@eleven_ I think you’re right. I may need to keep a post it on my desk to remember all my controversial thoughts lol
  • Options
    @amaren-2 not sure if you can find them in your area but ear wax candles are amazing and if your congestion is in your ears it might help? I think they sell them at Walgreens/cvs or if you have any natural health/pharmacies? 
  • Options
    My older two are done with preschool until Jan 7th. I am so looking forward to easier mornings that don’t involve crying kids and an hour (+) of driving twice a day to drop off and pick up. I know by Saturday when they are running around like crackheads I will regret it but for now I am just relieved! 

We also have a grand total of 4 days to finish the house (the main areas anyway) before we host Christmas Eve for my family. I truly think I may go into hibernation after that is also all said and done, which won’t be until after New Years because we are also hosting New Year’s Eve/my dads reitrement party. I am so excited about him retiring, the man has work long and hard hours his whole life - he still plans to get another job but something with much less hours and not the physical toll of his current job, he now is full vested in his retirement so he is happy and only 59. But jeez, the old man had to more than put in his time to get it.