May 2019 Moms
Options

Bitchfest 12/10

2»

Re: Bitchfest 12/10

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge and @MaggieG183 please be careful with those pages. I'm not going to go into detail about my horror stories as I know they can be a great resource, just please be careful and make sure you're conducting an in home interview prior to hiring anyone. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds ours is very thoroughly vetted and each babysitter is required to share references, it's pretty intense! But I agree, some of those types of things can be sort of sketchy. I haven't actually used it myself because people around here charge $20/hour to babysit and we can't afford that :lol:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge oh that's good. I was on several and they weren't. And one of the cases even if they were it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm terrified of what could've happened if I wasn't super anal about interviews and house checks. Or if my brain hadn't sounded the alarms it did. It's a creepy world. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds the upside to living in a town where everyone is miles richer than you are is that they've set up all this stuff for you. The downside is I can't afford a sitter :lol: I totally agree though, it's so scary letting someone else watch your kids. We've never had anyone watch him who wasn't family or a close friend.

• Options
    Kfkykfocjcjftj I'm so irritated. At like 1030, H said he was totally okay with me just napping and not doing anything. Right after that, doorbell rings. It's the Xfinity guys to set up my cable and security. I have to leave to get DS from preschool at 2:20. Dude JUST left at 2:18. I am exhausted. I just want to cry 😭
  • Options
    Okay, it's WAY past Monday, but I need this.

Warning, it's gross!

DH went out with some friends last night, which he does after bedtime once in a while. It's good for him to get out and connect with people since he works from home and that can be a little isolating. 

Anyway, I woke up at 4am, hungry and nauseous, so I went downstairs to get a snack and I found DH asleep, sitting up on the couch, with a bucket at his feet full of puke tipped over and spilled on our (white) carpet. 🤢

Kid puke I can usually deal with, but grown-ass adult man puke while I'm pregnant and he's PTFO? No way. I started gagging and had to run to the bathroom and blow my nose/splash water on my face to keep myself from puking too. Now I can't stop thinking about how it's probably all soaked into the carpet and beyond and nothing will ever be clean again. Hopefully DH wakes up and cleans it before I have to go back down there again... he probably won't.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I know! It was horrible! I went back to sleep, and I think I can hear him down there cleaning it up now, so that's good at least. 
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds oh hell no, you're not cleaning his puke, especially since it's from him drinking and not cause he's sick!
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds oh no! Well, he better clean the mess up. 
  • Options
    Well, to DH's credit he did clean it up, however, I can still see where it was, so one of us will have to make another pass at it later. Also, not to his credit, it's 11:45 am and he's still in bed 🙄
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds oh no 🤢🤢 hope everything is cleaned up when you head back down! 
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds oh, hell no! I’ve made DH clean up all his puke messes. I am not here to be your glorified babysitter. I am your wife and partner and will not clean up his mess.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker