Baby Names

Which Spelling do you prefer?

We like the name but cant decide on a spelling... 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Which Spelling do you prefer? 72 votes

Everly
93% 67 votes
Everleigh
6% 5 votes
Everli
0% 0 votes

Re: Which Spelling do you prefer?

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited November 2018
    If you must go with a name that looks and sounds made up, the most logical way would be Everly.

Edit:  looked it up and it means Wild boar in woodland clearing.  Interesting choice 
  • Loading the player...
  • If a name is not your style, there is no need to be snarky about it.
  • mayoduck said:
    If a name is not your style, there is no need to be snarky about it.
    Well she posted on a public forum asking for opinions sooo opinions are what people post. It’s better to here honest opinions before you name a child not just opinions you want to hear. If you still love a name after hearing opinions of all kinds then great you have picked a name you won’t regret but if opinions upset or make you made well then those are things you should consider

• I really don't like the name at all. If you do use it, spell it Everly.
    Have you considered Evelyn? 
  • @bbiutmcph I believe an honest opinion can be given without snark. (See @saham07 above. Honest opinion without snark.)

I don't see why asking a question on a public forum is an open invitation for a rude response. Many people come to this board after having had many conversations with their SO to try to come to an agreement over a name and narrowing down to what they have may have been a long, frustrating process.

I have no problem with people here saying they don't like a name (I have certainly done it); I only take issue with the attitude that sometimes accompanies those opinions.
  • I like the name Everly,  It's funny to me that a previous poster said its a forever toddler name.  My DH vetoed it because he thought it sounded "too old lady" lol.  Everyone has different styles and opinions :wink:
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• @bbiutmcph
    correction: i asked for a vote on the spelling, not for your opinion on the name. You know you dont have to comment on everything you dont like, right?
    @harpseal135 Curious: does "Beverly" sound made-up as well? Its the same to me, just without a "B".  I dont particularly care what the meaning of the name is, I was asking for spelling preferences. It's a poll. 
    @mayoduck thank you. my thoughts exactly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kbyahn said:
    @bbiutmcph
    correction: i asked for a vote on the spelling, not for your opinion on the name. You know you dont have to comment on everything you dont like, right?
    @harpseal135 Curious: does "Beverly" sound made-up as well? Its the same to me, just without a "B".  I dont particularly care what the meaning of the name is, I was asking for spelling preferences. It's a poll. 
    @mayoduck thank you. my thoughts exactly.

Beverly IS a true name.
    Yes, Everly looks and sounds made up; BUT 
    I edited it and said "I looked it up and I meant looked it up and it means Wild boar in woodland clearing.  Interesting choice"
    If you truly like the name, go for it. 

You post on a public forum, people will respond however they want- you will get all types of responses despite you liking it or not. 
  • Much like in real life you can’t dictate how people respond or say things on the Internet. You put a name out for opinion and you can’t pick and choose how people answer, just like your daughter can’t pick and choose how people respond to her name in real life. If you get butt hurt about it well maybe it’s not the right choice but if you like it even more even after hearing negative feedback then clearly you are confident in your choice

• Many delicate flowers
  • edited December 2018
  • 🙄
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::