April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 12/10

Re: Randoms w/o 12/10

• I can't wait to see the kicks! I only feel them so far.
  • H made my lunch today.  I just took out my sandwich to eat and the bun has mold on it.  Only a couple teeny tiny spots and normally I would just tear that part of the bread off and go to town but I don't want to risk anything.  Dammit!  I'm hungry!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @fuzzywombat I swear my little one gets so still one my boyfriend puts his hand on my tummy. He has felt her once! Every time I reach for his hand cuz shes dancing in there, she stops! My poor boyfriend gets so upset. I've got him to feel a little better about it because I told him he might have the magic touch of calming her when she comes out.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited December 2018
    DH is on my shit list right now. 
    I refuse to change the cat litter. I’ve read expecting better, and while I know I CAN do it if I take precautions, DH would prefer that I didn’t, plus I can’t tolerate the smell. 
    We have a small home, so our litter box is unfortunately in the living room. If it smells, it smells up the whole living room and dining room. He hasn’t changed it for DAYS. It smells like ammonia and poop. I lit a candle and it masked the smell, but the ammonia is still there. I asked him if he could change the litter before leaving the house. He said he’d do it tomorrow. 
    I’m pissed. I’m tired of nagging him to do a chore that is so, SO easy to do. I’m hiding in our room with a candle on, crying because the place smells so bad. Pretty sure I’m gonna suck it up and change myself. I just love the fact that he doesn’t give a shit if his pregnant wife breathes in ammonia!!!!! 🙃

ETA: I’ve tried not to curse in here for so long, but I’m failing right now. Apologies! 
  • @lilpotatomama I'm sorry!!  I'm sure he doesn't realize how much it affects you or how much more you can smell it.  Because I'm the passive aggressive type, I would probably just clean it myself but be a jerk when he asked about it.  I'm sure that's not healthy either!!  Hopefully he comes to his senses sooner than later.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited December 2018
    @mermaidca I’m also sure he doesn’t realize it! My tears are super irrational right now, I know. I’m trying to figure out how to best explain this to him without sounding naggy. The smell REALLY bothers me. Plus it’s gross, why is he okay with smelling that? 
    ETA I’m also passive aggressive and when he told me bye before leaving, I literally just looked at him, said “no” and walked into our room to sulk without saying anything else to him. 
  • @lilpotatomama ugh that sucks! I feel your pain, though. There are a few things around the house that DH knows bothers me that he and/or my stepdaughter don't do, and yet, those things are still not done, except by me! It drives me f'n nuts.
  • @lilpotatomama I'm sorry your DH is being an asshat. In our tiny apartment the litter box is in the bathroom that connects to the bedroom and I had this happen in the beginning when my sense of smell was super strong. Drove me up the wall. It would bother me so much i would go sleep in the living room and since DH goes to sleep much later then DD and i, he takes over the living room, so it was a huge inconvenience to him to have me crashing there. I actually refuse to clean the litter box, while i love the little furball he came with DH and the litter box is his deal, which he's fine with.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2018
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I just got rear-ended on the drive home from work 😭😭😭 scared me so bad
  • @ysotte, and you and your little one okay?!?!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @ysotte I’d let your OB know for sure.

@lilpotatomama DH can’t believe that I can smell the nasal spray he uses 5 min later, but I am very sensitive to chemical odors, especially while pregnant. It probably makes the cat litter ammonia smell even worse :(
  • @ysotte Oh no! Are you guys okay?

I was in an accident at 7 mo pregnant with DD and i don't think i have ever been more scared in my life. Big big hugs!
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @phoenix92885 I think so. I had a bit of a panic and broke down crying, but I’m fine. Baby is moving around like crazy in there, so i’m sure she’s okay too. My car was driveable, but there’s definitely some damage. The lady who hit me was sweet and very apologetic which I’m thankful for. Could have been some jerk instead.
  • @ysotte oh man! I‘m glad everything seems ok. I got rearended at like 7 or 8 weeks and I definitely second giving your OB a call to at least let them know if happened. 

Happy birthday @jayhawkmom4!
  • Happy birthday @jayhawkmom4

@ysotte I'm glad you're okay. Did you call your doc after the accident? Usually they want you to go in, even if it's fairly obvious to you that everything is okay. Tomorrow you might just want to let your doc know that it happened.

@lilpotatomama mmmmm wingstop. Also, cat litter is so disgusting. It's one of the (many) reasons that I will never, ever live in a house with a cat again. 

@thatbaintforbetty lol at the beard ornaments. Have you seen the glitter beard thing as well? Cracks me up. Although if my husband tried to glitter his beard he wouldn't be allowed in the house. We don't need glitter everywhere. 

I've had several really, really sweet emails from students over the last few days, which totally makes up for the rude comments I was fielding there for a few weeks after thanksgiving. It's such a nice way to wrap up the semester! Also, starting next week I'm about to be a short-term stay at home mom for a full month (no daycare over winter break). And I've somehow got to write a conference paper and a grant proposal during that time. Pray for me, y'all! 
    Pregnancy related - I'm so hungry all the time all of a sudden. I think I ate like 6 slices of pizza tonight. 
  • I managed to somehow miss (or forget) the memo that DD's daycare class is going to a nursing home today to sing Christmas carols and we were asked to send them in wearing red or green. Also, how in the world does DD have absolutely no red or green clothes?? I had to make a quick Walmart stop before taking her in and was 15 minutes late for work. I'm chalking it up to pregnancy brain.
  • @chrissdee don’t you know that kids only wear blue or pink in accordance with their assigned gender? Parents don’t want green or red unless it’s specifically Christmas clothing, so there’s no point in making it or selling it.

🙄🙄🙄
  • @lilpotatomama men tend to forget how much we are actually going through right now. I'm glad he made it right!

@ysotte I'm glad you guys are ok but I'd feel much better if you at least called and told your OB!

@jayhawkmom4 happy birthday!
  • @lilpotatomama men tend to forget how much we are actually going through right now. I'm glad he made it right!

@ysotte I'm glad you guys are ok but I'd feel much better if you at least called and told your OB!

@jayhawkmom4 happy birthday!
  • @kosmo86 what! Who opens their presents solo! So strange. Glad you had fun on your cruise.

We just got our Christmas photos back and I ordered cards. Really gonna cut it down to the wire this time :D 
  • I'm currently at work 30+ min early because i had to drop DH off at the ER. I don't know why his body decides he has to be super awfully sick and in pain when i'm pregnant. Same thing happened last time and i don't get it. He's normally got like a super immune system and fights everything off with a nap. But not when i'm pregnant.

Haha very not funny mother nature. One of us needs to be functioning correctly dammit. And it's not me.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty oh no, I hope hes's ok for your sake and his.

I brought lunch but I went down the cafeteria to buy myself a warm chocolate chip cookie. They had none. The sign said there was also some sort of brownie. ALSO NONE. Ugh. I am crushed. 
  • @MRDCle, sue for false advertising :tongue:.  I hid the last brownie last night in an attempt to save it for myself... apparently DH found it anyway and ate it while I was at work.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to make cookies over the weekend, there was a mighty need!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Can I just complain about how being pregnant seems to be like having another job? I spend so much time scheduling appointments, and going to appointments, arguing with insurance companies about billing, and researching stuff -- not even talking doing my own neurotic research, I mean just reading through and sorting the pamphlets that my doctors hand me -- and then making more appointments? I'm not even high risk! Although, I've had a couple things that the doctors decided to take extra precautions about... but I realize this is nothing compared to high risk, or even some of what I hear about going through fertility treatments.

I'm sure all you folks who are already moms are laughing at me and thinking "just wait until you actually have kids"... I just didn't realize that it starts before the kids even get here. I'm not working full time right now and I'm not sure how all of this would be feasible if I were considering how much of the usual "workday" I spend on the phone or at doctors' offices :/ 

@ysotte & @thatbaintforbetty Hope everything turns out ok! Sounds scary and like additional burdens on top of everything else you are dealing with right now.
  • @thatbaintforbetty glad to hear things are looking up.

@mesweettea as a family, we will have attended nine medical appts this week by 6 pm tomorrow. I’m so over it. It does seem to be a particularly intense week but still, it’s at least a part time job.
  • @lilpotatomama I drink a dirty chai latte every other day. It brings me joy, but keeps me from getting hooked. 

@thatbaintforbetty glad things are getting a little better! 

We are buying my husband a new car tonight. His is 16 years old, so it’s past time. But this is taking forever and I’m HANGRY
  • @professormama I love chai lattes. I’ll have to try that! 
  • @professormama, dang it, now I want a chai latte from my favorite cafe... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I generally don't drink coffee but have not been able to go without some sort of caffeine in the after noon. Generally a cup of soda or an ice tea! 

As if working full time, having a toddler and being pregnant isn't enough I have a fucking cold. I just need to make it through these next 2 days.... and then 5 days next week and then I will be off for 11 days in a ROW. I have NEVER taken this much time. I generally only do long weekends throughout the year so this is crazy to me. I plan to paint the nursery and the kids bath! 

Also... if anyone is looking to have a quilt made for the nursery. spoonflower.com allows you to make  'Fake' quilt. You pick for there 1ks of fabric and then do 1 or 2 yards of quilt squares!! I am SUPER excited bc I want I space themed quilt for a girl and didn't want to pay $$$$$ for someone to make it 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @kosmo86, I feel you.  DS gave me his cold, and while he is feeling better after two days and acting like himself again, I feel like death.  It should be illegal to deal with illness on top of pregnancy.

But yay for days off!  I have to make it through today and tomorrow, then four days next week, and I'm also off for 10 days.  I'm really looking forward to it, although not the missed paycheck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got sick after lunch yesterday, horrible stomach cramps, etc. and had to leave work early. It lasted through the rest of the day. Feeling much better today, just sore now.

Three people were rescued from an abandoned coal mine in my hometown. One of the girls was an old classmate of mine, one of the guys is my BIL's cousin (he's the one who actually made it out of the mine by himself a few days ago), and the other guy is my sister's pastor's grandson. So we know these people. My youngest sister lives right below that mine, and she's been volunteering at the community center to help the families while they waited for them to be found.

I'm so thankful they're okay, but I'm now the black sheep of my family for saying that I think it was stupid and reckless of them to be in there to begin with (it's illegal to go into an abandoned mine, and they were also there to steal copper) and I don't think they should get off without legal consequences. Let me make clear that I am so happy that they were found alive, but they put their lives and the lives of the rescue teams at risk for criminal activity and now they're practically getting celebrity treatment and no charges have been filed (yet-- we'll see what happens in the coming days). My hometown is no stranger to mine tragedy -- we dealt with the Upper Big Branch mine explosion in 2010 and I personally know several miners who lost their lives in that. People there KNOW how dangerous it is, and yet they did this anyway. 

Am I just being a curmudgeon?