Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 12/11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTO Tuesday 12/11

• Hurray for early morning appointments.... *Yawn*

Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: baseline BW and US for IUI this month, PNV, Vit D

R/R: I like waking up early, but that's really hard in the middle of December.

CS/Q: temps continue to drop. I need to ask the RNs at my appointment today if I should be temping or using OPKs at all. Maybe not having those to worry about will help me be more at ease this cycle.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 1 :(

WAYDTGKU: BD :) Temping, track CM, will try OPKs this cycle.

R/R: My mother is coming up tomorrow to stay with us on her way to Boston. She usually just sits on the couch and plays candy crush but I am going to call her out on it this time! She only sees her family a few times a year candy crush can WAIT.

CS/Q: Nothing to see here but I did spring for VIP access so hoping to get some cool charts this month. 

Any suggestions on good OPK brands? I bought some cheapie pregnancy tests on Amazon a few months ago and they were ALL defective. I was so mad. If you buy the cheapie OPK/Pregnancy test kits, is there a specific seller you recommend?

@inthewoods23 I took some months off temping because it was giving me serious anxiety! I would wake up at like 3 a.m. and be like should I temp? but if I go to bed will I get enough hours of sleep for the regular timed-temp to be accurate? and I wouldn't fall back asleep. I am going to try to relax about it as I dive back in - we will see.

@jennifer_louise looks like a spoon to me! :smile:

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @inthewoods23, I hope your appointment today goes well!
    @jennifer_louise, that cloud is awesome!!
    @leksiL, I'm sorry for CD 1. Hope you can convince your mom to spend time away from her phone!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, checking CM, HIO

R/R: Rave - I had drinks with an old coworker last night, and it really warmed my heart to see her and catch up with her. I should really reach out to her more often.

CS/Q:

• @inthewoods23 I hear ya on the early morning appointments. But unlike you, I’m not a morning person, and MF and I have a cute (some would say gross) morning cuddle routine that is suffering with my need to be out the door almost 2 hours earlier than normal. It’s not helping my mood much.
    @jennifer_louise so happy for our recent grads. and I'm chuckling at the sperm cloud, hahaha. 
    @leksil so sorry for CD1. Hope you can squeeze some QT out of your mom between games. 
    @galentine that's so nice you got to reconnect with your old coworker. and the warm/fuzzies you get from it is good positive reinforcement to try to do it more often. 
    @elle-0409 LOL thank you for that. I needed that laugh this morning. You and YH sound like a hoot. GL gettin' your SMEP on tonight! ;) 

Month/Cycle: 12/9

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/low carb diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture, doing a monitored letrozole+TI cycle

R/R: Sorry in advance, I'm full of rants this morning. It's just one of those days. Had a new technician at the clinic this morning who couldn't find a vein, I don't even know how many times she tried. It hurt like a bitch.
    We're less than a week in and the wedding planning is already starting to stress me out. My brother is always complaining that he gets left out of the loop because he's never around and he doesn't really make an effort to connect with the rest of us so I've included him in my group chat with two of my BM's (our cousins) but he has an opinion about evvverything. And never a good one. He trashed my photographer last night and it rubbed me the wrong way and it just ruined my whole evening. We were supposed to DTD last night on my RE's orders and I was so rage-y at my brother stirring up his usual crap that MF assumed I wasn't in the mood and just went to sleep. This morning I had a little breakdown over our timing; we've never been good at scheduling BD, we're much better when it (seems) spontaneous. But now I'm feeling the pressure.
    Rave: it's our office Kris Kringle (kinda like a pollyanna?) gift exchange today and we're doing a luncheon for someone's 60th birthday. Looking forward to that only because I just don't want to be at work. 

CS/Q: My follies are at 17, 18, and 20mm this morning so we're getting close! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• edited December 2018
    Lurking cause I can!

@elle-0409 LOL. You two are too cute. 

@jennifer_louise SPERM CLOUD! That’s made me chuckle louder than I would like to admit. 

@kiki047 1. It’s YOUR wedding. F*CK EVERYONE ELSE. You do what you (and maybe YF) want. Stay strong! If he doesn’t have anything nice to say, tell him to STFU. You’re the one getting married, not him! 2. Do you need me to come to the great white north to put him in his place? I’ll go home right now to get my winter coat and hat/mittens!! 3. No clue what Pollyanna/ Kris Kringle is. Is it like a White Elephant? Or Secret Santa?

eta #3 for Kiki.
  • @elle-0409 I love your story. I, too, inappropriately use the term waaaay too much because it's hilarious. And sadly, that sperm was heading toward nothing, but I still think it was a sign just for me.

@kiki047 I know what you mean about finding it hard with "scheduled" BDs. Unfortunately there's really no way around it so we always have to shake things up to make it seem spontaneous, even though it's not.

@leksiL CD1 is the worst. I hope you can get your mind off it today!

@galentine Yay for old friends!! I love it when you see someone you haven't for a while and it's just like old times. 

@lillywonderland Hiiiiiii!! Hope you stay away and never come back over here!! 
  • @kiki047 First - Whaaaaaaat ifffffff... You let your brother take part in the conversations, kindly thank him for his opinion, then make whatever plans you want. Does he have control issue? Seems odd he would care that much about your photographer? You might talk to you BMs and let them know you'll be starting a second group chat where all of the real planning takes place (minus the bro). Then ask your brother Qs that don't really matter. OR, Q's that you've already narrowed the decision down to two.Like, "do you like this dusty blue ribbon, or this dusty DUSTY blue ribbon?"  :# Second....- Triplets?! 

@elle-0409 lol being weird wife is awesome. We SO gets us!

@jennifer_louise Lol! I love it. Thanks for thinking of us. 

@leksiL I use the clearblue digital (pink, not purple) because I could never get the cheapies to work for me. Really, I just think I'm inpatient. They're expensive but basically its like OPK reading for morons  :#
  • @lillywonderland *hugs* thank you, friend. My brother is a huge drama queen, and I'm making an effort to include him but I feel like it's going to be short-lived. There's a reason he gets left out of things. As for a Kris Kringle, it's basically a Secret Santa but you just bring a general gift not for anyone in specific, then you draw numbers for who gets to choose a gift from the table first. The next person to go then has the option to pick a gift from the table or steal. I had to google what a White Elephant exchange was, and I think it's the same? Funny, we use White Elephant to describe the "junk" table full of odds and ends at our community yard sale/bazaar lol. 
    @nomangos23 I mean, I wasn't asking for his opinion on the photographer, I sent the link to say "hey, we booked this girl and we love her!" and his response was "I mean... she's not that great. What about this other person?" Said other person is a HORSE SHOW photographer, that we've known since she was a freckled, pig-tailed little kid who grew up to be a pretty phenomenal photographer who flies around the world to shoot equestrian events and who has shot all of maybe 1 or 2 weddings in her life. Ummmm... no. I did tell him thanks for your opinion but we've made our decision but now I'm paranoid that he and my cousins are also having a side discussion about things and he's the only one who's vocalizing it. I dunno, I'm self conscious about it. He was also the only one to speak out against our relationship in the first place when we were just starting out and he claimed, at the time, that "everyone" felt the same way but all my family members that I talked to about it denied it. Just feeling pretty vulnerable right now it would seem.
    @jennifer_louise I think I'm too much in my own head these days so I just need to figure out how to shake it off and just go with it. I'm clearly wound a little tight. You'd think it would help to just get laid, lol. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @inthewoods23 That would definitely make things a lot less stressful. Hope your appt goes well!!

@jennifer_louise Very true, I really hope that this is a good month for everyone!! And that cloud cracks me up, I totally see it. Keeping my FX that it means great things for you (I feel like life is prophetic in that way).

@leksiL I always like Wondfo and they seem pretty accurate. I actually buy them from eBay and I haven't had any issues yet. Yay for VIP access, I'm also thinking about getting it for FF.

@galentine Glad you had an awesome night, I love when you get to catch up with an old friend and it makes you happy for the rest of the week.

@elle-0409 hahahahaha!! Get your SMEP on girl

@kiki047 I'm so sorry about the wedding drama and the darn technician making your arm their pincushion. *hugs* Have fun at your luncheon!!

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, CM, HIO, raspberry leaf tea and preseed

R/R: Need to ask my boss if they would be willing to let me work from home next week for 1-2 days after DH's knee surgery. I know that all that they can say is "no" but the work-from-home policy is such BS and people just do whatever they want anyways. Except that my department is so weird and doesn't want anyone to do it... one of my pet peeves is hypocrisy so this just irks my noodle. 

CS/Q: mep..
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @kiki047 Awww kiki :( I'm sorry. He sounds very opinionated... and really? A horse photographer? I totally understand the feeling of being vulnerable about the decisions you're making. As long as you and DF are happy that's all that matters in the end. It was be a fabulous day, I'm certain and all the planning drama will be for nothing. Will it be a big wedding? Small? 
  • @stephanie123456 lol I don't know why but 'irks my noodle' made me laugh this morning. 

@nomangos23 He is just full of opinions, and loves to dish it out. He's also pretty blunt about stuff and me being overly sensitive, doesn't always go over well. It'll be a small wedding for us, but to most 150ish people is on the bigger side. That's like, bare minimum, not giving out unnecessary +1s and no extended family. Part of me is glad we have an accelerated timeline because I can't imagine drawing this out over a year or two planning that far into the future. We picked July because even if I'm miraculously KU soon, I won't be so far along it could interfere in any significant way. I feel like I'm dominating WTO today with wedding nonsense, sorry guys. I'll move over to the randoms thread!

TTC History:

• @kiki047 Wedding planning is definitely stressful, but since it's gonna be stressful, it doesn't have to be AS stressful as, like, it can be--it's literally all about you and YF. I'm sure your photographer is great considering she takes pics of humans rather than horses, FIRST of all. Is there anyone who can pull yr bro aside & be like "listen dude..."? Sometimes there's like, one person in a family who can do that w/ an unruly person? 
    @leksiL thanks for asking re: the OPK brands. I'm gonna write some of these suggestions down, as I went with Wondfo this first round, being a frugal person, & now I have some more if those don't work for me.
    @jennifer_louise lol at yr cloud.
    @inthewoods23 I'm on CT, so idk what time you were up in what time zone but sheesh very early--and you're right. waking up in December early is terrible. the only thing worse is having to do it in February (I have something against February.)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, FF, BBT, RLT. I'm also gonna try tracking CM & CP this month, but AF is lingering, so--not yet.

R/R: it's cold & I hate it. I live in the south; I shouldn't be this cold. I'm trying to temp for the first time, & I either run super cold (could be a thing but I'm not going to Dr. Google this one for fear that my hypochondria will start my day off wrong.) or the cold weather itself is messing up my temps. wahh. / I filled in my dissertation schedule for winter break yesterday, which gives me weekly goals towards writing/finishing it, and I have a job app to send out today. If I can start in on some of those weekly goals & send the job app in today, I will feel accomplished. I am putting these here in the "raves" section so that I do them bc WHEN I do them, I will feel like I can/should rave about them haha. And I will feel like I let yall down if I don't do them now! 

CS/Q: I'm posting my chart bc I have one and I'm excited just to have one--even though it's like a roller coaster. I used one roller coaster gif on another thread, and, well, here's a different one. 🎢

• @kagesstarshroom Can I make a suggestion? With as cold as your temps are, as new as you are to temping, and as much fluctuation I'm seeing... I would 100% start temping vaginally. I feel like most of us start oral, get garbage charts then switch to vaginal anyway. I figure I'd just nip things in the bud here :) 
  • @kagesstarshroom - WSS^^
    Switch now, while you still have time! You really don't need AF temps anyways.
  • @kagesstarshroom +1 for vaginally temping! @nomangos23 convinced me and it has made a world of difference in my charts! Before mine looked super rocky as well. 
  • @nomangos23 @marebear15 @b_1029 thx yall. good to know the AF temps aren't as important, too, bc that was a worry--it says to test the same way for a whole cycle, but i'll just start anew once she's gone and looks like she's out the door [tomorrow, most likely.] this leads me to a new question!

okee soooo the instructions on my thermometer say, in so many words, that it doesn't know how to instruct me to temp vaginally w/ this device (lol) & that i should ask a medical professional. before I do that, I shall ask here: can i just use the Target BBT thermometer I bought vaginally even though it's telling me it doesn't know? Or do I need to get a diff. one....or should I call my "medical professional"....? thx in advance. 
  • @inthewoods23 I hope your appointment went well today.

@jennifer_louise I think the sperm cloud is definitely a sign ;) GL!

@leksil I used Wondfo OPKs and had good luck with them last cycle.  I bought them from Easy@Home on Amazon.  I hope you have a good visit with your mother!

@galentine Glad you had fun with your coworker.  I agree - visits with old friends are good for the soul <3

@elle-0409 LOL.  That is totally something I would say to DH.

@kiki047 Ugh to your brother.  I think having a separate chat with your bridesmaids where actual decisions are made is a good option like @nomangos23 suggested.  I'm sorry he's making you feel so self conscious.  It sounds like he is being obnoxious, especially telling you "everyone" is against your relationship.  Eff that.

@stephanie123456 I hope your boss is reasonable with your request!

@kagesstarshroom I usually have low temps, too, so you are not alone!  I wouldn't start worrying about it yet :) I would think you would be fine using the same thermometer as before.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, SMEP, PNV, Aspirin

R/R: Sorry I have been MIA this week.  My emotions have been riding high dealing with some issues and anniversaries coming up.

I'm excited to help make some NICU care packages this evening with a friend's non-profit.  Should be fun!

CS/Q: I started temping vaginally this month, and somehow my temps are even more rocky than before??  How can this be a thing?  They were all taken at the proper time.  I know the drinking probably caused my high temp on CD7, but I don't get the higher temp on CD6.  Oh well.

Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited December 2018
    @kagesstarshroom You can use the same thermometer, no problems at all. You just turn it on, slide it in (I usually do about 1.5 inches) and wait for the deep & record. You may need to get the hang of hearing the beep, it's easy to miss. I usually just slide my head under the covers so I don't miss it. 
  • @kiki047 I'm so sorry that your brother is stressing you out with the wedding planning. I hope it's possible to keep him more at arm's length, because you should not be this stressed out already. *Hugs!* (And if all else fails, call on @lillywonderland to come up there and give him the riot act. ;))
    @nomangos23 Weird wives keep marriages spicy.
    @stephanie123456 I hope your boss lets you take the time off. Both my cousin and the best man at our wedding had knee surgeries yesterday. Did I miss a memo? Was there a Groupon for knee surgeries in the month of December? GL to your husband!
    @spongeworthy I'm sorry that you've had an emotional week. Hopefully, things will start to calm down soon. Sorry that I don't have anything to offer re: temping vaginally.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409, I'm LOLing at your exchange with your husband this morning. 
    @kiki047 I'm sorry the new technician couldn't find a vein, ouch! And I'm sorry your brother is being dramatic about your wedding. Sounds like you have a good plan for approaching things, though!
    @stephanie123456, I hope your boss allows your WFH request. I think it seems like a perfectly reasonable request!
    @kagesstarshroom, I like your scheduling goals. I always feel like I have it most together when I'm on top of my time management goals. #adulting
    @SpongeWorthy, so many hugs to you while you go through your emotions during anniversaries and such. <3
  • @elle-0409 ordered those!! Fingers crossed they help! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020