June 2019 Moms

Symptoms w/o 12/2

13»

Re: Symptoms w/o 12/2

• FART TENNIS is the BEST thing I've heard all week. You win the month.

@eleven_ Thinking of you! Hope everything checks out OK

• @BlondePeanut I hope you’re feeling better today! Or at the very least that your Friday goes fast so you can recuperate this weekend. Yesterday sounded rough; no shame in crying in your office. Sometimes everything seems to be conspiring against you and you just feel miserable, and crying can be a relief. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I can’t remember if I took my Zofran this morning. I’m feeling extra awful but I don’t want to take another one in case I already did 😓😓😓😓
  • @Bababatty Thank you! Today is a bit better, maybe the crying session helped lol. I am only working half day today so I will be heading home at 7 for some rest and movies

• Just dropping this in for anyone struggling with exhaustion. A lady at work gave me some essential peppermint oil (diluted with a carrier oil I believe) to rub on the inside of my wrists when I'm feeling tired. And I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect or it's helping but so far when I've used it I've started to feel less tired for awhile. I was falling asleep after lunch at my desk, used some, and now I feel good again. If nothing else it's worth a shot because that was once of my worst symptoms after m/s. 
  • I just watched the new season of The Ranch and cried my eyes out! Damn you hormones! 
  • Nearing 15 weeks (14w5d today) and I feel SO much better now than in the first tri. I don't have to eat constantly, I can walk for an hour and not need a nap immediately after, and nausea has turned into tiny burps for the most part (still getting a bit woozy once a week but nothing like before). It was only this week that the improvement started being noticeable.  I can also fit back into some of my regular jeans again with the hair elastic. They are definitely a lot tighter in the thighs but at least I can get them on. Not sure what that's about, but I'll take it.

However, I am paying for all this with insane acne all over my face, neck, and behind my ears, so joining your camp @pigglesworth @luckystar28 @wearyfuzzball I'm using topical salicylic acid toner and BenzaClin (prescription), and they're helping some.

• Is it weird that I stopped fighting my acne years ago? Im not even convinced at this point that it is just run of the mill acne, I think it might be something like rosacea or something else. I tried all kinds of products in high school to fix it and nothing ever touched it. It seems to at least be aggravated by hormones, but really I just have some all the time. When I have the money to throw at it, I want to go to a dermatologist and figure out what it is and maybe finally get it treated, but until then, I’ve thrown my hands up. 

re: morning sickness. I am
    really starting to think I am turning a corner here and I am absolutely ecstatic. (At/ past 10 weeks now) Maybe this gives hope to other mamas here, but every pregnancy really is different. I was so sick for so long with my son, but this time around hasn’t been anywhere near as bad. So just because the MS is horrific one time doesn’t mean it will be every time! Anyways, I wasn’t nauseous this morning and having to choke down food for three hours. I was hungry!! I still have to eat like every hour or so but I feel legitimately hungry, not just barftastic. I know it might dip again, but this is the best I’ve felt in weeks and the worst dips have been pretty ok so I am very excited and very hopeful that I am
    coming out of this. Here’s hoping it lasts!

( *TW**and also, mini personal cheers to being more open to more babies, for me. I love babies, but I hate pregnancy, and I’m sure if I had been that sick again this time around, I’d be getting sterilized after this one. Not sure the TW was necessary, but just in case) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and the end of nausea is still nowhere in sight. In fact, yesterday was the worst day I have had yet. I’m hoping I’ll at least be like some ladies who see the end at 13/14 weeks. I can’t imagine dealing with this for too much longer.
  • So, many, migraines. I am 14 weeks and I have had 4 this week.  I get aura migraines which are annoying. 

Anyone else dealing with migraines?
  • @wearyfuzzball you will get there. For a few weeks, I had very deceiving symptoms, like I'd wake up in the morning and feel rested, and then need to take a nap an hour later; or I'd feel fine all day only to get knocked off my feet by a bout of terrible nausea in the evening, etc. It was only this week that I could say with confidence I'm turning a corner.

@tuxielove93 Not weird at all, I've kind of given up too, although as soon as i wean this kid, if we get that far, i'm going back on another round of accutane. I've had acne since i was 12, so 28 years, and learned to manage it very well, but everything goes out the window in pregnancy because none of the effective oral meds are safe (spironolactone, isotretinoin, tetracyclines...).

Sorry to all of you having migraines. Those suck. I've had a couple of very short lived headaches in the last month and even those were not fun.

A new symptom: i may have gotten kicked hard today, or alternatively I had a crazy muscle spasm right above my belly button. I know the baby is much lower (found the heartbeat today with the home doppler, still fairly low).

• @amaren-2 I’m having migraines too. It’s really awful because Tylenol only takes the edge off for an hour. I’m sorry you have aura migraines. That sounds awful. 

I’m so glad im not nauseous all the time. Now I just throw up. I’ve puked in sooo many parking lots and im pretty good at puking while driving now. Yay, lol. 
  • My MS has disappeared but if I eat even a little too much I feel sick for hours. Last night was a doozy and I had to pre game my bed time with an 1.5 nap at 6:30. Not fun. Also at some point during nap I had my hand pushing against stomach (I’m a stomach sleeper) and swear I felt a fast heartbeat for a minute. And I know what my pulse feels like. Absolutely could have imagined it though. 
  • I have just decided to try and come off of the Diclegis completely. I’m not really sure it was actually helping anymore so why take it? I was really afraid that I would stop taking it and the feel a million times better and feel stupid for not stopping sooner. But that was not the case. I ate leftovers from my dinner Friday and about 4-5 hours later I started feeling bad. I ended up throwing up basically nothing. I know this is TMI but sometimes I feel like there are certain things that just won’t digest and leave my stomach. So it’s like they sit there and make me feel sick and then I throw them up. Like tomato skins or something. It’s so weird. But the nausea isn’t all day. 

And thanks to the ladies for suggesting things to make it through the work day. I have found that Altoids and peppermint gum really help for some reason. And I drink my lemon water. Still don’t feel 100% but I’m feeling maybe 75% normal. 
  • vv826vv826 member
    edited December 2018
    @chrssyms I'm glad theres improvement I hope it gets 100% better soon. I know what you mean about foods but digesting like they're supposed to that's how I feel and since they eventually have to come out, its usually by vomiting. Sweets are my thing any pastry or candy and it's a sure thing I'll be in the rr. I must say that I don't have the all day no relief kind of nausea anymore. it's more like half a day/night time which is better.

ETA: the nightmares again are horrible. I woke up in the middle of night grabbing my phone to check on a friend that I had the nightmare about. Luckily I realized it was 3 in the morning and she probably wouldn't appreciate being woken up.
  • @vv826 yeah I think the Diclegis is still helping me. So I’m going to go back on it. I guess I won’t stop it until I’m feeling 100% better. At least I feel good in knowing the Diclegis is helping and not contributing to bad feelings. I don’t even want to eat sweets. Just not even interested in them which is super unusual for me. 
  • I've had the worst migraine all day long. I'm home alone with the kids today too  :'( I've been putting cold packs on my head and I've been camped out on the couch. Literally me yelling at them to be quiet all day:

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ it’s awful isn’t it? I’ve been battling one for 2 days, and unfortunately had a birthday party I couldn’t avoid today. 😩
  • Morning sickness back with an all day vengeance. 
  • @eleven_ and @nmbrcrnchr1 I’ve had a migraine all weekend also. I hope both of yours are better today. 
  • Ah, I'm on the headache/migraine train too! I had/have a cold and yesterday was the worst and longest headache/migraine of my life. Any good treatments? I put a heating pad on my neck and head, that helped.
  • @jhems776 I was switching between the heating pad and an ice pack yesterday. I swear the ice pack was helping more. I was also rubbing a little peppermint oil on my temples and it felt so good. It definitely took the edge off.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jhems776 I found that putting a cool washcloth over my eyes and ice on the back of my neck helped a lot. 
  • Guys, I still have the nausea from hell AND a cold. LOL this baby is a little comedian! 
  • add me to the daily headache train....mine seem to be coming from my sinuses more than anything....and I have a weird eyebrow twitch whenever I get a sinus headache....so freaking weird