New to The Bump
Options

Hello! New To The Bump - PCOS

cloeelizabethcloeelizabeth member
edited July 2017 in New to The Bump
Hello, My name is Cloe and I'm so excited to have found a place to talk with/encourage other women in this journey, what ever that journey might  entail! 

My husband and I are both turning 22 this summer and have been trying to have a baby for over a year now. I have PCOS, which we found out last November. It's been a struggle trying to understand everything about that. We are going to a  Natural Path doctor next week. I am also on the Keto diet. I just started that though and it's been really hard to stick with it! 

If anyone has any words of advice about PCOS, all natural suggestions, Keto, or just wants to jump
in here for some conversation feel free! 
Im looking forward to meeting everyone here and offering any advice or encouragement that I can as well :) 

Blessings~ 

Re: Hello! New To The Bump - PCOS

• Options

Hi @cloeelizabeth! I saw you post on another thread and it's awesome that you're jumping right in. You get on with your bad self. ;)

If you haven't already, I'd recommend introducing yourself on the Newbie Intro Thread in the Trying to Get Pregnant forum. The Waiting to Ovulate (WTO) and Two Week Wait (TWW) daily threads are a great place to connect with other women sharing a similar path. There is also a weekly Chart Stalk and Questions thread if you want to get a broader audience to give you feedback. :) I know that some women have mentioned different diets and adjusting their eating patterns, so I'm sure you'll find a couple of people to give you tips!

I'd also recommend that, if you wish to begin posting on the TTGP forum, to read The Ultimate TTGP Guide, it is very helpful and provides a lot of great basic information both for how the forum works as well as about trying to get pregnant as a whole.

A lot of the ladies like to use Fertility Friend (FF) to track their cycles, and it can be very helpful in pinpointing an ovulation date when tracking cervical mucus (CM), basal base temperature (BBT), as well as ovulation predictor kits (OPKs). If you indeed aren't ovulating, then tracking with FF can help provide you and your doctor more information about what may be going on with your body, which can help you find answers more quickly and get on the road to getting KU ("knocked up" as we lovingly refer to becoming pregnant).

Welcome and have fun! :)

• Options
    babyhoping84babyhoping84 member
    edited November 2018
    Welcome Cloe.
     Im new as well and in a similar situation as you. Im 34, DH is 38 and have been ttc our first for about 4 yrs now. I was diagnosed qith PCOS after trying unsuccessfully for a little over a year. Ive found a low carb, low sugar diet is helpful with PCOS. We follow a low glycemic diet. Exercise helps as well.
    Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Cloe, 

I just want to be a cheerleader for your efforts--PCOS is a pain even outside of TTC. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago, and I thought that meant that might mean that I may never get to be a mom. My FNP prescribed me Metformin to help with weight loss and insulin resistance, and I credit it with why I'm currently almost 6 weeks pregnant with my first child. Before I started taking it, I was AO with regular cycles (variable length). After taking it for 2-3 months, I ovulated for the first time I've known of, based on a ClearBlue OPK. I honestly thought it was a fluke...but here I am!  Praying for you and any others dealing with PCOS that you will have a bundle of joy soon!