July 2019 Moms
Options

Blood clots????

Hey mom's! I'm 7 weeks 2 days pregnant and went to the bathroom and noticed I had a really red blood clot-experiencing no pain. The most I've had this pregnancy is spotting brownish. I just called my ob hotline and waiting for a call back  trying not to panic. Have any of you experienced painless blood clots? Meaning?

Re: Blood clots????

• Options
    The fact that you aren’t cramping is a good sign.  Assuming baby is okay the most likely culprit is a subchorionic hematoma, which is basically a bruise inside your uterus from implantation. If this is the case they will be able to see it on an ultrasound.  For some people they cause no bleeding, for others they can cause spotting or heavy bleeding. Typically they resolve on their own and don’t do any harm to the baby. For now I would try to limit your activity. Hopefully the doctor gets back to you soon. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    I had exactly that around 3 weeks ago (now 10w1d). Quite a bit, like 3 tablespoons of deep red syrup. Went to my next US appointment a few days later and all was fine. Just rest, take it easy and drink lots of water! Dehydration can make it worse.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As @coco2787 mentioned, I do have a subchorionic hemmhorage that probably caused it. I had one last pregnancy too and it caused no real issues, you just might have some light restrictions like no heavy exercise. Hope all is well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @coco2787 @tsa208 you were right! I went for an U/S and the doctor confirmed it was a hematoma and the baby is just fine-No heavy lifting or sex for 2 weeks. Glad I was able to get a U/S so quickly i was freaking out, and it didn't help it happened on my bday. 

• Options
    @jpabump I'm so glad baby is ok!! ❤️
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @jpabump Yay, glad to hear all is well! And don't worry about the hematoma, like I said, I had a pretty large one last pregnancy and it caused no issues with my pregnancy or my birth. They're annoying but as long as you follow doctor's orders, they're generally not serious.
    Pregnancy Ticker