December 2018 Moms

Check-in 12.03 • (All Dec EDDs)

1) How far along close to the finish line are you?

2) Any appointment updates?

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?

4) GTKY: Elf of the Shelf. Yay or Nay? Why?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Check-in 12.03 • (All Dec EDDs)

• 1) How far along close to the finish line are you?
    Nine days away from my EDD :scream:

No updates. I should be on the hospital's calendar for my due date induction. 
    GBS negative, and was 50% effaced & 1-2cm dilated as of last week.

3) RR/Q/DD?
    Dear Diary, I finally put up my holiday card holders this year (I use awesome magnetic chains) and I am excited to be receiving cards already. It seems that I am not the only early-sender / overachiever, haha.

Right now - Nay. I haven't read the accompanying book, so I don't know the lore. All I know is that I would be expected to pose a naughty elf each night. I don't have time for that. Maybe I'll change my mind if I suddenly am getting chores done each day, but right now I imagine that Future Echo would rather spend time folding the towels than finding something for an elf to get into.

Anniversary
  • 1) How far along close to the finish line are you?
    2 days away from due date. Good news is they won't let me go past 41w so only roughly 10 days at the longest before I meet baby girl.

40w appt this Thursday 

The 2 harness boosters will be here by Thursday for my older two and the baby's carseat will be here tomorrow, all of which I was able to get 20% off on (each) and the baby's was also on sale for an extra $40 off. I love getting good deals.
    Also, my Christmas shopping was all done online this year and is finished. First time I've been done before Christmas Eve. I feel like a whole adult right now.

We won't do traditional Elf on the Shelf when we start. Instead, we will have one who will tell the kids every morning one good thing they caught them doing the day before, before suggesting something good to do in the community that day. I think it's already hard enough on young kids to be good and I don't want to take the joy and fun away from the season.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along close to the finish line are you?

25 days or less....

I go tomorrow for an ultrasound and my 36 week appointment! I’m curious if I have made any progress, what my fluid level is, and how big baby is estimated to be,

I would love to get more than 5 hours of sleep one of these nights.....

We do it with DS and he loves it. We don’t do anything crazy. Tonight, I put DH’s clippers in his hand and an Andes mint with a note that DS gets an extra mint if he does well getting his hair cut tomorrow. So, basically I use it to my advantage. #noshame
  • @MDKC14 That's a good twist for Elf on the Shelf.

@katy0990 I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a ways to go to my EDD!

1) How far along close to the finish line are you?

I feel like I'm not, but then I feel like I am. lol I have 25+ days left.

Raves: I ordered our Christmas cards Sunday night! I've also gotten my thank you cards from my shower written. I just need to address them and send them out!

Dear Diary: We have of tomorrow because of Bush's passing, so I plan to try to get a lot done in baby girl's room. I feel like we still have so much to do.

That's a big no from me. I think it's creepy and it seems like the main idea is to do it to convince your kids to be good so they'll get Christmas gifts. So you're bribing your kid, while also lying to them. We don't do Santa either, so doing Elf on the Shelf wouldn't make much sense anyway! I'm just not about lying to my kids. I don't judge other people who do, to each their own, it's just not our cup of tea. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @winterplumeria oh no!  I hope your son gets better and/or you come up with a plan quickly!

@mcgeeva I'm so sorry about your dog!  I know how scary a sudden seizure can be, happened with my parents dog and I freaked out.  Fortunately it never happened again.  I hope that's the same for your dog, and the remaining time you have together is peaceful and stress free.

1) How close to the finish line are you?  I'm at 37+1, so 3 weeks or less left!  Hopefully less.  Doctor hasn't scheduled an appointment passed 39 weeks, so I guess they are hoping I don't go passed my due date either. 

2) Any appointment updates?  Monday is my 38 week appointment, should be pretty standard. 

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?  We are whittling away at our to do list slowly but surely.  Only a few items left, and lots of them can wait until after baby, but I'd love to get them all done beforehand. 

4) GTKY: Elf of the Shelf. Yay or Nay? Why?  I don't really know.  I'm all about the magic of the season, and I think adding the elf would enhance the experience, but I don't see us changing position every day or doing anything too crazy.  Maybe an occasional location change.  
  • @scaredunprepared I hope your right then again he is 16 so I know his day will be coming just hope it's farther out. Eh kids don't care I tell mine he was too tired from flying home to move when he gets back lol. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @misscheapandchic I hoe you do go on your own and soon!
    @mcgeeva I hope your dog is okay! When is your section scheduled for again?
    @winterplumeria I hope your son is feeling better and that you are holding a happy and healthy baby soon!!
    @scaredunprepared I hope you gets lots crossed off your list before baby!
  • @katy0990 thank you! Csection scheduled for the 28th but praying she comes on her own before xmas. sOrry about your fluid. Does that cause any complications from now till birth where they would have to deliver earlier?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva The main concern is cord prolapse, so I have to go in immediately if my water breaks. The other issue is that because of the fluid, the baby’s head cannot engage or put pressure on my cervix to help me to dilate. My c-section will be the 27th or 28th, so our babies may end up sharing a birthday.
  • @katy0990 interesting I have never heard of that. Hopefully your water doesn't break. I know :) I'm still praying for earlier. I'm so focused on xmas with my boys and I always host I just have this idea in my head she comes earlier so I can be home to celebrate. And 3rd kid...what are the chances she stays till the end if my other two came earlier?

• @mcgeeva They called yesterday and I am scheduled for 9 am on the 27th!
    @erinka Ibhope your daughter feels better soon!
    @rosebud332 Fx baby stays head down!!
  • @winterplumeria if your csection went ahead I hope it went well!! 
  • @mcgeeva I'm 36 weeks too. I feel so far behind everyone else! I'm sorry about your dog's seizure. :( My older dog is getting up there too and it makes me sad because I don't know how much longer she is going to be around.

@scaredunprepared I don't even schedule appointments out in advance. I remember at my 40 week appointment they started talking about induction. Must have scared DS out because he was here four days later. lol! I have so much stuff I want to get done before the baby gets here, but unfortunately I doubt it will all get done. I am thinking about hiring cleaners (there are lots of Groupon deals!) to come in for a few hours and clean the things I don't feel like doing (baseboards, scrubbing walls, doing windows).

@Erinka Aww I hope DD is feeling better. :( I hate it when they are sick.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie how do they not schedule apts out??? Like weekly apts? That would drive me bonkers! I need to plan around litti

• @kristah2 @rosebud332 @katy0990 @scaredunprepared I ended up opting to push my c section out til the 12th (apparently they only do planned c sections on wednesdays here? Bizarre) anyhow that puts me about 4 days past my due date, so we will see if this little one hangs in there that long... maybe if i keep my legs crossed tight 😂😂😂 jk.. my son is back in tip top shape and grumpy that his sister isnt here yet lol
  • @winterplumeria I am glad your son is doing better. That is so odd that it had to be a Wednesday, but I’m glad you get some extra time to prep!
  • Re: C-Section Wednesdays
    Makes sense to me! Easier to schedule the staff around their strengths, plus, if the hospital requires a 72 hour stay after a CS (as is the standard in this town), then everyone gets to go home on Saturday.

Anniversary
  • @scaredunprepared it’s great you moved it up to buy a little more time so you’re comfortable! 
    Here they do csections 5 days a weeks but just 2 a day at 8 and 9. Unless there’s an emergency one of course. 
    My first was on a Wednesday at 8am. I was holding him by 8:25. I was released Friday morning. 
    This time I went in on Monday. Was holding her by 8:35 and I was released on Wednesday lunch time. 
  • @kristah2 You had your baby? Congratulations!! How has your recovery been?
  • Update: still pregnant after my sweep Thursday. Have an induction scheduled for Monday morning at 5am. Had inconsistent contractions all day yesterday but by the time I went to bed they had tapered off. I can't believe that third baby is taking so much longer than first two.
    And it sucks because I was showing signs of going into labor almost two weeks ago so H went ahead and took paternity leave to be with me and has now wasted almost 2 of his 4 weeks that we could have really used after baby was born.

• @katy0990 yes! I didn’t want to make an announcement since I’ve been so absent I didn’t want to make it seem like I’m an attention hog so just wanted to work myself back into the community and offer support first. 

I had a repeat section on Monday. I had tried to move it back since I was showing signs of moving toward labour but my OB couldn’t accommodate. So Monday morning I went in. After my section my OB did mention that the bottom of my uterus was extremely thin and while he can’t know for sure the outcome if I had VBAC he said he’s glad we went with a section so that made me feel better after crying for 2 days before about needing surgery again. 

Recovery has been harder this time. I’m really sore and I can’t miss a dose of pain killers. I also can’t get up from a laying back position alone. I tried going out to the store for an hour last night and it was too much 5 days post op. I’m hoping I feel better when my staples come out on Monday. 
    And my nipples are going to fall off from breast feeding. I’m not used to the struggle. 
    But a little squishy baby is worth it. And I’m sure I’ll forget all about how hard the recovery is in no time. 

• @MDKC14 it sucks your husband has already used so much of his time off. I hope you go into labour ASAP but if not I hope your induction moves along quick on Monday. 
  • @MDKC14 I’m sorry your h has used up some of his leave already. At least you have been able to get some time as a family of 4 before baby.
    @kristah2 I don’t think anyone would see you as an attention hog! Congratulations! I’m sorry the recovery has been a struggle! Did you have staples last time? Will the bottom of your uterus being so thin limit you from having more pregnancies? Sorry for a the questions.
  • @kristah2 No way the baby announcements are the best part! I’m sorry you didn’t get a VBAC but yay for healthy squish! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @katy0990 last time I just had dissolvable stitches. But my OB said it’s common practice for staples the second time due to scar tissue and such. 
    Luckily it won’t effect any future pregnancies (at least not as far as he told me but I’m sure I’ll get more info at my 6 week follow up).
    but since I had a second csection all future births will have to be sections. 
  • @kristah2 Thanks for the info!  have to ask if I’ll be getting stitches or staples, if I end up with a RCS.
  • Congrats @kristah2!!!

Just for reference my second csection was stitches as well. 

@MDKC14 that sucks about using his leave. I too thought I’d have this third kid already! Both mine came early - boys and yet this girl is still in here! I’m at the point I want to take off work so bad but know I need to save my leave even if we are talking taking a day paid. Are you having a boy or girl? Just curious since someone told em girls stay till the end :)

• My son came a week late. My boss is asking me when my last day will be and I tell her whenever the baby comes. I'm not about to lose a week of fmla without my baby just sitting around waiting for this baby to come.
  • @mcgeeva This one is a girl. My first, a boy, was 2 weeks early. My second was a girl and they did a sweep two days before due date and she was born next day. The girls really are sticking around.

@kristah2 I'm glad you have a healthy squish!

• @MDKC14 noooo i was hoping someone had a girl come before their due date! My first son 36ish and second 38. I’m ready now!!!!