August 2019 Moms

What's normal HCG and progesterone at 5 weeks 1 day?

Hello everyone!

I just got the results back from a blood draw for my HCG and progesterone at 5weeks 1 day pregnant. My HCG came back as 3890 and my progesterone as 12.9. Are these levels good? I just feel so nervous because of a previous miscarriage 2 years ago (and then TTC since then) and because I had a BAD stomach bug a couple days ago and had some pink spotting afterward! 

Anybody else's experiences would be really really appreciated!  

Thank you!

Answers

• olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited December 2018
    Hi @stickyrollbaker. A couple of things - medical questions are normally best addressed with your doctor. A bunch of internet strangers typically aren’t the best resource to answer this for you with any real degree of certainty. Also, HCG needs 2 numbers to compare as any 1 number in and of itself doesn’t tell you anything other then your levels indicate a pregnancy. They must double every 48-72 hours to indicate a viable pregnancy. I’m assuming your doctor has ordered a second blood draw? It’s totally normal to be nervous, I think a lot of us are, but take comfort in your physician or midwifes advice - that way we don’t end up with 200 ‘are my levels normal’ threads
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Hello everyone!

I just got the results back from a blood draw for my HCG and progesterone at 5weeks 1 day pregnant. My HCG came back as 3890 and my progesterone as 12.9. Are these levels good? I just feel so nervous because of a previous miscarriage 2 years ago (and then TTC since then) and because I had a BAD stomach bug a couple days ago and had some pink spotting afterward! 

Anybody else's experiences would be really really appreciated!  

Thank you!

QFP

Welcome @stickyrollbaker! I second what @olivemomma mentioned. Without additional/baseline numbers, it's better to wait and see if your doctor thinks those numbers look good. Did you get similar blood draws with your previous pregnancy?

Also, please read the *Read first* thread as well as introduce yourself in the introduction thread and look into the PGAL thread that was started today for further support.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Like everyone else said at 5 weeks your HCG can be all over the place and you need to know the doubling rate. If you want a reference mine was 1085 at 5 weeks one day and 2560 at 5 weeks 3 days FWIW.
  • Here is some more info on HCG. But really, this is a question for your doc. And from what I understand it's more about the doubling that the actual number. 

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/ 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!