May 2019 Moms

Canadians - deals and perks

Hey fellow Canadian mamas!

Thought I would start a thread on things available to us like deals locally or online.

Also, sometimes there are mom perks going around like coupons on sample trials.

So far I remember doing the Nestle welcome package with my son 5 years ago. I took advantage of babyfest at BabiesRus.

What have you tried or found?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Canadians - deals and perks

• For anyone who hasn't jumped on the Amazon Prime train, it is a HUGE savings for diapers.  We use Subscribe & Save pretty regularly now but I initially started using it to save on overnight disposable diapers.  We cloth diapered during the day but needed the actual overnight disposables for my heavy-wetters/deep sleepers overnight.  Those suckers are hardly every included in the diaper sales at most stores so the guaranteed 20% off was a big saver.  I calculated my savings the first year and my diaper savings alone more than paid my Prime membership.  We will be using disposables during the early newborn phase this time until our cloth diapers fit and also for overnight so I'll be adding them to my Subscribe & Save closer to May. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Also, skimming through West Coast Kids Black Friday deals, there are some decent ones popping up depending on your needs.  Nothing compared to what the U.S. will see of course, but 30% off Diono ( @k2k2tog ), 20% off Britax, 15% off Clek, and a bunch of other deals.  They say there will be storewide sales at all locations as well, but I'm way too far from WCK in our new town to go check it out this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mcewen3 ooh you are making me reconsider Amazon Prime. I'm gonna look into it! Thanks!
  • I am currently reading this "guide" to deals for Canadian moms....

https://seasidesundays.com/baby-freebies-canadians/
  • @mcewen3 whichwhich cloth diaper system did you  use?
  • @knarlytaurus a real hodgepodge of brands.  If people are ready to start talking about that topic I think there are a few STM+ moms on the board with some experience to share in a dedicated thread :) 
  • Ooh, thanks for the tip @mcewen3! I assume if one store has the deal, most of them will? I'll have to check it out. 

I'm not sure how much I'll have to contribute to this thread - we're hoping to buy as little as possible this time around - but I definitely appreciate that it exists. If only so I can keep track of who else is from the True North Strong and Free!

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog yep, those deals weren't exclusive to my nearest store it was for all WCK.  They offer free shipping too, if you aren't near a store and know those are for sure the seats you want.
  • Canadian Mamas:  I wasn't doing too much shopping over the weekend, but I have been checking out some deals today.  Gap Canada has some really great doorcrasher deals in all categories, plus 50% off the entire site.  AND an additional 10% off + free shipping at checkout.  My cart is currently full of around $400 worth of stuff for $141.  Hurry if you want maternity jeans, the sizes are sparse!  

West Coast Kids and Babies R Us also have great deals on.  Moms of toddlers/preschoolers, the Britax ClickTight seats are on sale at both places, online and in-store.  Looks like some of the infant seats are discounted as well.  Britax Boulevard (convertible RF to FF) is $100 off, and the Frontier (FF to Booster) is $90 off.  

If you're looking to get some good deals, its worth perusing the sites a bit because there are some deals to be had.  The more expensive baby brands like Britax, Peg Perego, Baby Jogger, Uppababy, etc etc etc rarely go on sale.  Clothes, bottles and mid-range gear brands are typically included in regular sales so those types of things are only worth getting if the deals are GOOD, but those bigger ticket things don't always get discounted so if you know what you want and its a good price, jump on it.
  • I was at Gap yesterday and all baby clothing 30% off. Also Walmart was having deals on diapers and wipes so I grabbed a few newborn diapers.