November 2018 Moms

LAST NOV18 TICKER CHANGE! 11/29-12/5

whoa, end of the month. i *think* everyone left is suppose to have their babies out by dec 5, right?

1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival?

6. GTKY: What kind of qualities do you hope your lo will have when they are all grown up? 

Re: LAST NOV18 TICKER CHANGE! 11/29-12/5

• don’t know if it’s residual hormones, but feeling a bit weepy that it’s the last week of our birth month! does anyone else feel like it’s been forever since the group was established? but really, it was only like 9-10 months ago. 

1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby? babies would be 41w. they are 7w actually. one is 7lbs2oz and the other is 6lbs7oz (birth weights were 4lbs7oz, 4lbs).
    2. How are you feeling? off. it’s been a long week, and ready for saturday to get here.
    3. Any appointments this week? the girls had a check up at the pedi yesterday. checked their weight gain (another 3/4lb each in 2 weeks). talked about the spitting up (thought it could be nuts in my diet related, pedi recommended that i try cutting out dairy too). had them checked for tongue ties (elise is good, but emilia—who i thought might because she has a lazy latch and can’t stick her tongue out very far— has one; got a referral to an ent for maybe a sever). doc did find a small heart murmur in emilia (received referral for a cardiologist, at the same office that her nephrologist also works out of, :#). girls also got their second hepB shots.
    4. Rants/raves/questions? i’m surprised i haven’t ask this yet, but anyone else’s skin freaking out since birth? i’ve been super itchy post-partum, and everywhere i scratch develops red raised welts as scratch marks. this did not happen last time.
    5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival? worked on addressing envelopes for the xmas/birth announcement photo cards and writing thank you notes. wrote an extra sappy thank you card to the nicu and also the nurse there that took care of the girls the most. should get everything mailed off by the weekend hopefully.
    6. GTKY: What kind of qualities do you hope your lo will have when they are all grown up? i hope all of my girls are strong and confident. i hope they have a passion for the arts. i hope they grow up to be more career driven than i was/am. i hope they will be kind to others, but not gullible. i hope they will be mild mannered and content. 
  • @highsteaks My skin is ridiculous! Mine is super dry, like flaky and gross like I've been wind burned. My face is especially dry. Normally it's combination/oily, so this is completely new territory for me. Even my hair feels dry! I didnt have this last time. It's like my body was put in a dehydrator, lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow yea, i’ve been having extra extra dry skin too (and when my face gets dry, i break out like crazy). at first i just thought it was all post partum related, but then i started to feel worse when the heat kicked on and it dawned on me that heating the house might be exacerbating the problem. i just started running the humidifier 24/7 to help the whole house, and i’ve noticed an improvement in that regard.
  • @highsteaks I hope Emilia's tongue tie can be fixed quickly and easily. Maybe that will help her latch while breastfeeding? Do you think you'll try breastfeeding her again after to see how it goes, or will you stick to pumping? I hope the heart murmur is no big deal. I've heard a lot of times when babies have murmurs they go away on their own. My nephew had one but no longer does. 

1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby? I would have been 44 weeks yesterday. So glad I never got that far  :D Sydney is 8lbs 3oz.

2. How are you feeling? Just so freaking happy. I love having her home, I love cuddling her, I love not driving to Baltimore every day and spending $12 on parking, etc. 

3. Any appointments this week? Our first pediatrician appt was yesterday. It went very well and she was super supportive of getting the NG tube out as soon as possible, as long as S gains weight without it. The home nurse is coming on Monday for a weight check. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I already raved up there. I'm feeling awesome, even with the sleep deprivation. I think I can appreciate being tired right now since I'm so happy to have S home. I know that won't last forever. :) 

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival? We have everything we need! 

6. GTKY: like @highsteaks said, I hope my girls are confident and sure of themselves. I think that's most important so they stand up for themselves. I hope they're kind and respectful of adults and other people. And I hope they love their family and each other! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland thank you! i’m frustrated that emilia seems to have drawn the short straw on everything while her “identical” sister is doing so well and does not seem to have any medical concerns (knock on wood). i have no idea what to expect at the cardiologist. tbh i’m stressing out more that it looks like i might have to take all three girls to his office on my own. as far as breastfeeding, i finally got to an ok point with both. emilia is able to get full meals, but it just takes a few extra tries to get (and keep) a good latch. hoping that getting the tie cut makes that easier.

$12 for parking everyday?!? that is highway robbery!
  • 1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby?
    41+2 today. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Bummed he still hasn't made his appearance.

Induction starts tomorrow night

Anyone else have to start with cervidil? I was really hoping to avoid induction but we are out of time.

Kicking him out 😔

6. GTKY: What kind of qualities do you hope your lo will have when they are all grown up
    My urgency in getting things done but his father's never stressed out go with the flow vibe 

• 1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby? 
    Posted a day late, 41 weeks +1, she's YUUUUGE, thankfully she's out now  :)

2. How are you feeling?
    Tired, trying to stabilize between sleep dep and recovering from the labor.

We took Penelope to the pediatrician yesterday, all healthy.

Oh the swelling, it went down the first day, but it has been rearing it's ugly head ever since.

Finding a way to nap, lol.

6. GTKY: What kind of qualities do you hope your lo will have when they are all grown up? 
    I hope she's resilient enough to face challenges, fiesty enough to meet them, and kind enough to recognize the challenges of others.