November 2018 Moms

Re: Questions (m/o November)

• where can I find some “grown-up” hoodies?  I need a sweater with pockets. I want something comfy for around the house, and also looks half decent when i have to go out for errands. does anyone have any brandnames they would recommend? available to purchase online a huge plus.
  • La mere clothing has a couple decent hoodies, I bought one and it came promptly and in good condition. Definitely was an excellent deal for a nursing hoodie! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hollyeva i didn’t even think about a nursing hoodie! that’s even better. thanks! i’ll look la mere up when i get a chance tonight.
  • Here's the hoodie I got. I struggled with linking from the stupid app earlier.
  • @hollyeva how does the size run in the shoulders and bust? i wish they also had the white with black stripes in stock!
  • @highsteaks I got a couple nursing tunics from old Navy that I love but no pockets. They don't look maternity so I am hoping I can keep wearing them after I'm done nursing. Their 50% off just ended but at least it's still 30% off.
  • @ftm_jen that is really cute! i really need pockets though because i need someplace to carry my phone and other random stuff while i’m boycotting jeans and real pants right now.
  • I saw someone recommend Latched Mama for nursing stuff... they actually have several nursing hoodie styles and I have been debating on one myself:

https://latchedmama.com/collections/nursing-tops
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Amazon has a ton of cute maternity hoodies @highsteaks but I can't speak to them personally
  • @highsteaks the size was perfect for me in the chest and shoulders, and I've got the slopey-shoulder but big bust thing happening.
  • @lostarz14 that barefoot dreams hoodie looks soooo comfy.
  • I guess this thread is the best place to post my current "dilemma." At my 37 week appointment yesterday one of the OBs in my practice suggested we may have to induce. During the 36 week appointment they noticed that the fundal height was indicating we were 3 weeks ahead, which I've been sure was just because of the size/position of the baby. They had done an ultrasound yesterday to determine if hydramnios was an issue (it's not) and it confirmed that the baby's big- 8 lbs. 10 oz. Now I know U/S measurements are always subject to some scrutiny and are often not correct. This baby is already bigger than DD2 was when she was born though, if the U/S is to be believed. However DD1 was born at 40 weeks 1 day weighing 9 lbs. 10 oz. So I know I can handle birthing a big baby, and I honestly couldn't tell you the difference in tearing or delivery between the two other than DD2 was difficult since she was OP. I'm not hopping to the induction conclusion just yet, I want to see if this baby will kick things off properly, since she's in the optimum position but I'm still only 1.5 cm dilated. I'm thinking wait it out and have the big baby, hopefully when she's good and ready. What would your thoughts be in this situation?
  • @hollyeva I know my situation is different than yours, preterm vs. full term. However, M measured 3 weeks ahead in fundal height and consistently a week to 2 weeks ahead on u/s. His last u/s, he measured almost a pound and half more than his actual birth weight. Did u/s say how far ahead baby was measuring? 
  • @wildrainbow U/S measured her to be about 3 weeks ahead, but the fluid was right where we should be. It's good to hear someone say their baby measured less than the U/S and gives me hope this is the case with this one.
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited November 2018
    @hollyeva - my last two babies measured 2 and 3 weeks ahead at the end too but were only 8 and 8.5 lbs at birth. They measured big in both fundal height and at the growth scan at 36 weeks. Both made it to 40 weeks (40+1 and 39+6). If you are more comfortable with birthing a big baby than inducing, then I would let things happen. If you want to prevent baby from being bigger than your previous big baby, then I would induce. I think you should listen to your gut. My doctors have been pushing me for an induction this pregnancy but I only conceded to inducing a day before her EDD because that's where I was comfortable (no medical emergency).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @hollyeva I wouldn't put too much stock in their estimates. They told me my son was 8.12 and growing rapidly. He ended up being born the next day and was 7.12. ultimately, it's up to you and your Dr but I personally wouldn't jump on the induction train just yet.
  • @hollyeva I'm so wary on induction talk at this point, especially with a holiday coming up. I think you have to ask yourself if it's REALLY necessary at this point, or simply more convenient for your OB. (I watched "The Business of Being Born" - it was eye opening.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KellyT22 too true, my friend was pressured to have her baby early because she was due around Thanksgiving too. Thanks for that reminder!

Thank you all for chiming in, I am more at peace with waiting right now to see how things unfold.
  • I’m not the most active participant but looking for some additional perspectives. I didn’t want to start my own thread, I think most of the crowd are just lurkers or moved to Facebook but I figured I’d give it a shot. I’ve stalked a bunch of other BMB’s and didn’t find much info so here it goes. Sorry it’s long!!!!

Im 35 yo FTM and today (Friday) I’m 40+3. I had my last OB visit at 40+1 (Wednesday) The baby was measuring around 9 pounds but I know that can be off in either direction. I’m not that big but im
    tall so I probably look more  around 7-8 months and apparently I have a lot of fluid. My OB is convinced I can go vaginally and asked how long I want to be pregnant for. I’m feeling ok, worked that day, and really could go for another week but I’m cautious due to the baby’s size and associated
    risks with going past due date( which I also know isn’t exact) She let me know I could schedule an induction to start Thursday night or wait until Monday or Tuesday since they don’t do scheduled inductions over the weekend. She recommended sooner than later since the baby would only get bigger but it was up to me. I’m not getting any paid during my leave but it’s hard to get work done/planned when I could go at any minute. So we decided on Thursday, to give me a day to prepare. As we left the OB, the nurse called and said we could go in that night (Wednesday) to start or wait until Monday or Tuesday, because Thursday was booked. I freaked out a bit but decided that night would be it. I was only 1cm and 50% effaced. They put the bulb in around 5:15 pm and took it out 12 hours later. Nothing. No change at 8 am when I was going to start pitocin. I was back at 1. The OB said I had three options- start the cream (I think it was cevidil) , go to c section, or go home and reschedule for Monday if I don’t go on my own. He (not my regular OB but in the practice) thinks I can still go vaginally and warned me the process of the cevidil (sp?) can be crazy intense and painful and could take me up to 48 hours and I may end up in a c section anyway. He also didn’t want to go straight to c section since I feel fine and the baby is fine (albeit big and still high). He let me choose so I just decided to go home. The three nurses all said I made the right decision cuz the cream is really intense. I‘m ok with going home. I rescheduled for Monday night to start again and will now be doing most of the things to try to get things going on it’s own. I guess what I’m looking for is thoughts about just going right to c section on Monday/Tuesday. I know it’s a long time away and anything can happen but the Foley bulb was not pleasant putting in (like a painful cervical check) and if it doesn’t work again I’m really not about the cream- I just think my body is not going to react to it and my cervix just wants to stay closed. Has anyone done the cream starting at a 1 and it not be a 2 day marathon of pain? I’m happy my doctors are giving me options and not pushing c section but part of me just wants the decision to be made for me. Sorry if I sound too Dear Diary but I haven’t found anything or know anyone that started induction after 40 weeks with the bulb and got sent home. Everyone was pushed or elected to c section, start pitocin anyway, or go to the cream. Most of my friends said pitocin is rough too and if I’m not doing it on my own by then to just go to a c section. Thoughts? 
  • @arieselle As long as baby is healthy (and it sounds like it is!) I think you made the right choice to go home and not force it yet. I'm sorry you have to face this decision though. I can't answer all your questions as I haven't used the bulb or cervidil, but my first daughter was 8.5 pounds and I had her vaginally, and I'm a somewhat petite person with narrow hips. Her size wasn't an issue for me, but of course it depends on the person and you just never know.
    I'm hoping that you make progress by Monday so you don't have to worry about making this decision. There's nothing wrong with going straight to a c-section of that's what you choose to do. Just keep in mind that it's a big incision and is pretty painful (I had a CS just 2 weeks ago). It sounds like it would be hard on your body and possibly the baby to try and keep forcing a vaginal delivery if it's not going to happen naturally. But perhaps you could put a timeline on it and see what happens before you opt for a CS?
    Sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful but I figured I'd try :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland thank you! That helps- I’m bouncing on my ball as I type and praying that gravity takes over soon!!! 
  • This does sound like a hard decision either way. For what it's worth, I would try for vbac just because the healing time and process is so much easier... I wish there was a better option since both will be so hard on you  :'(
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited November 2018
    @arieselle i agree with @offtoneverland. if you’re still feeling good, and leaning towards csection but not certain, then i don’t see the harm in waiting a few more days to see what happens naturally. if you reach a point when you’re just done, then schedule the csection. hopefully your body makes the decision for you and you go into labor this weekend without the need for medicine.
  • Thanks @ftm_jen and @highsteaks I’m hoping the baby just decides to come out on its own. I’ll keep everyone posted when I can finally post in the birth announcement thread. Picking out my spicy food dinner now  :p
  • *Lurking from December*
    @arieselle It sounds like you made the right call! With DS I was only a fingertip dilated at 40+2 when they inserted the cream and unfortunately, it didn’t cause any progress. I think it is only really effective if your body is ready to go into labor soon anyway and it will help get things jumpstarted. So, it may work or it may not. I don’t think there is a way to tell ahead of time how your body will react. 
  • @arieselle sending positive thoughts for some progression this time and a safe delivery for mom and baby! can’t wait to see your announcement!
  • @highsteaks I saw this nursing hoodie and thought of you. It's super cute! I have no idea about the quality of the clothes though, it just popped up as a Facebook ad.

*TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • i started bleeding bright red again, after being down to white discharge for 3+ weeks. also noticed mild lower back cramps. no change in activity levels. started breastfeeding more, but still pumping. could this be my period coming back already? i’m going to be really irritated if it is. i’m 6.5w postpartum, no tearing/stitches, easy recovery.
  • @highsteaks Same thing here and I'm EBF. Six weeks PP today. I have my check up tomorrow so I will ask.
  • thanks @wildrainbow. i had mine last week, so i’d have to make a special call to ask mine. from googling, it sounds like it happens to a bunch of women. i couldn’t discerne if it is definitely a period though. 
  • @highsteaks Same here on the googling. Hopefully I'll have an answer for us. 
  • @highsteaks My doc said that I could LDS bleed every two weeks until 12 weeks. He said most only go 6-8, but he doesn't start to worry until after 12 weeks. 
    edited November 2018
    @wildrainbow thanks for the follow up! that makes me feel much better. what does lds stand for?
  • @highsteaks I dunno. My phone must have auto corrected something. It likes to make me look stupid.
  • *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    edited November 2018
    @wildrainbow when i tried googling, all the hits were for church of latter day saints... figured that wasn’t it  :D 

how are you hanging in there? how is Matthew? how are your nights?