July 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms of the Week - 11/26

Re: Symptoms of the Week - 11/26

• Options
    I feel like I can't digest anything! A normal meal has me feeling so uncomfortable for HOURS. I'm still hurting from breakfast, so I skipped lunch. I keep forgetting to eat tiny meals... well, lesson learned!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The nausea is in full swing. I feel terrible pretty much the entire day, and have been puking a few times a day. My first appointment is next week, really hope my dr will prescribe me something! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy insomnia. I woke up at 3am and couldn’t go back to sleep. NOT COOL. No nausea yet (it’s early, I’m only 5W). I’m actually pretty hungry but craving salty stuff. A little boob soreness. 
  • Options
    Very nauseous off an on all day. Lots of aversions to foods and smells. I can't even open my fridge without gagging.

So bloated and constipated now. 

No amount of fluids or chapstick are helping my chapped lips. It hurts so bad. 

Also H pointed out that my boobs are much perkier and fuller again. Totally off limits to him though because I feel like poo and they hurt. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Heartburn on and off! I’m also waking up in the night from weird dreams and am having trouble getting back to sleep. Lots of light cramping/tugging in my pelvis. Back was sore this morning then went away. No tender boobs or nausea yet!
  • Options
    +1 for the bloating and constipation! Not a fun symptom. 

The nausea has kicked in this week.  

Also: the cravings are REAL this go-around. 

I an am starving when I get home from work, but nothing sounds good. I finally get something to eat and I barely eat any because I’m nauseous. Ugh... 

• Options
    Oh myyyyy !!!! Same thing is happening to me. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat my lips have been really chapped too, didn't even think it might be pregnancy related lol

Dizziness, weird dreams every. night., stuffy nose/sore throat (my mom says prob due to excess mucus yay), sore boobs (although they seem to be getting better??), queasy.
  • Options
    I have nausea from about 430-6 every morning but haven’t thrown up yet. It’ll happen during the day if I let myself get too hungry so I’m trying to eat every hour.

My boobs are usually sore first thing in the morning but throughout the day they get better. Also lots of cramping which I think is related to the constipation/indigestion I’ve been experiencing as well. I’m not sure if the exhaustion this time around is purely pregnancy related or just the general exhaustion of having an almost 3 year old! 
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited November 2018
    Nausea all day every day. 😩 I’ve been taking unisom and B6, and they prescribed me Diclegis yesterday but I haven’t picked it’s up yet.

No vomiting (mostly out of my sheer will not to), but lots of gagging and dry heaving when something triggers my nausea.

Nosebleed the other morning.

Sore breasts!

Headaches, but I think it’s from the lack of caffeine due to me be super nauseous. 

I’ve had an off and on runny nose for three weeks, it’s always worse when I first wake up.

Exhaustion, probably combo of the raspberry and unisom! 

Overall, struggling but managing. I am still relatively new in my job (<6 months) and it’s by appointment so luckily I’m only at work when I have a client, which helps. I think I’m probably going to have to tell someone at work soon though because I’m worried they’re going to keep pushing new people my way during this very nauseous first trimester. Still thinking on that one though.
  • Options
    @quinniebear I have been having lots of mucus too! It’s been like 3+ weeks, so I’m thinking it’s not a bug. The feeling of post nasal drip in the morning makes me gag! Ugh!
  • Options
    @quinniebear @nopegoat Also all the chapped lips. I really love BITE's agave mask. My sample is almost gone and I'm looking at the price tag wobbling on whether it's worth it - normal chapstick brands never work for me, they just make my lips peel.

@rgn12 UGH, I totally forgot about nosebleeds! And it's winter this time around. D: I'll have to prep DH for that. I never had a nosebleed til I was pregnant that first time, and it really freaked him out (we were out at a restaurant when it hit). 

Mostly here I've got bloat bloat bloat and nausea. Boobs are doing okay unless I have to run/go up and down the stairs. Really wish the fatigue was more manageable. Having a toddler this time around makes everything so much more draining.
  • Options
    Nausea seems to have magically subsided mid-day yesterday, it wasn't bad to begin with so maybe this is just par for the course. Still going to see about getting into see my midwives this week due to progesterone conversation though, so hopefully I can ease my mind a bit in the process. 
  • Options
    @foodislove omg I can't imagine trying to wrangle a toddler right now lol!!  Bless you.

I keep eating popcorn which seems to help with nausea. Something about salty stuff. Supposedly none of the women in my family had morning sickness, and I haven't had the vomiting thank god, but I definitely feel queasy/icky most of the day. So I'm not sure I'm buying it that I'm the only one :D
  • Options
    Oh the nausea! I have moments here and there of feeling ok but then it comes back even worse. Of course when I don't feel like dirt I start to worry...so I prefer to feel like dirt. And gas pains have started up again. Likely from the bloat but ugh!
  • Options
    7W and I feel...fine? Fatigue and nausea waves aren't as bad as before, but I still wear a bra 24/7. Drinking more water during the day but I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night to pee for a few days. And the spotting I had last week is gone :) 
    I know symptoms come and go and that weak symptoms don't necessarily mean a weak pregnancy, but it's still weird that I'm feeling more OK as time passes. 

@nopegoat @quinniebear @foodislove Have you tried using just Vaseline on your lips? My lips are dry all the time and Vaseline is the only thing that keeps them hydrated. 
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited November 2018
    @hestia14 yesss Vaseline is amazing. I took accutane a while ago, and the vaseline rosy lips or whatever it was called was amazing and smelled great too. 
  • Options
    After stressing out about feeling almost nothing the past 3 weeks I'm currently fighting the urge to vom up my lunch, so yay?  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I do not have any nausea or vomiting so far and I'm 7 weeks today. With my first two I had really bad nausea all day long and vomitting 2-3 times a day by now. My first two were girls, does this mean I'm having a boy? Does it mean there's something wrong with this pregnancy? 
  • Options
    @Jennakmc sometimes people don’t feel nausea until 8-10 weeks and about 1/3 of pregnant women experience no nausea. 
  • Options
    @Jennakmc some get nausea and MS, some don’t. Definitely possible you’re having a boy, but different symptoms don’t necessarily mean different sex
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @hestia14 I can't stand Vaseline to be honest. The texture grosses me out - my grandma used it a lot when I was young, the smell is also an issue for me.
  • Options
    I’m 5w4d. Sore boobs came first, then I was tired all the time (naps have been a lifesaver), a constant feeling of queeziness, then insomnia... last night I couldn’t fall asleep until midnight, and woke up at 2 am and again at 4 am. Now the chapped lips which I had no idea was something caused by pregnancy! 
  • Options
    Morning sickness has finally hit me, I’m 6w+4. I’m hungry...but literally nothing sounds good to eat or drink 
  • Options
    Exhausted.

this should be it for me if this pregnancy is like last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 6w+1 and boob soreness has started to lighten up but the nausea has set in. I haven’t vomited yet, but have been dry heaving. I thought it was part of a cold/stomach bug I was getting but am now thinking it’s more MS than I thought. I’ve stayed home 2 days from work because of it. Hubby brought home preggie pops tonight so I’m hoping those will help. I’m hungry but nothing sounds good. All I’ve had the last 2 days is toast and crackers. I guess if this doesn’t get better I may have to let our secret out sooner. We were waiting until Christmas for our families and after the New Year for everyone else. Anyone have any other suggestions to get thru the nauseous feeling?
  • Options
    Nausea... starving but nothing sounds good. And so so sooo tired. I do not know how I'm going to make it through the next month being this tired. My house looks like a wreck!!! My 9 month old is waking up more at night instead of less and my 2 year old is non stop alllll day long. I need the "I will survive" song playing in the background all day lol!!
  • Options
    @ccmama3 You can do it girl! Who cares what the house looks like, it’s lived in! I’m totally with you on the “starving but nothing sounds good” front... 
  • Options
    Forcing oatmeal into my stomach today. Fatigue is constant, I could sleep all day without issue.
  • Options
    I was feeling decent until just before 7 weeks (I'm now almost 8 weeks). The nausea is worse that with my first. All day I feel like garbage and nothing has really helped. Hoping that this won't last too much longer. 
  • Options
    @ccmama3 ugh same. I'm so hungry I feel sick but nothing sounds good or will satisfy me. 
  • Options
    This could go in the appt thread or here but since it's a bit TMI I'm putting it here.

Nothing like getting the nervous poops after being constipated for 2 weeks. Appt is in an hour and I feel like I could puke. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat Hugs momma!!! GL at the appt! <3 
  • Options
    I have the worst taste in my mouth after eating anything. My teeth are really in for a treat with all the brushing I'll be doing. 
  • Options
    Symptoms this week - super "snail trail" with the excess mucuss and discharge (haven't actually experienced this one since my successful pregnancies with my boys, so it does make me a little less crazy) and the dizziness, OMG this dizziness. I am literally afraid of passing out almost every time I stand up. I'm dizzy with the spins just sitting in my chair typing this! I'm not sure if I need to be eating more or eating more often or what. I have almost no cravings and little nauseau but little appetite these days. With my boys and I think with all my losses I had already put on 5-10lbs at this point. Right now I am holding steady at 241 (plus size mama to begin with). As long as everything is healthy I would be fine gaining almost no weight this time instead of my normal 60-80lbs. 

I'm sorry, I'm rambling today, and weirdly spacey in my brain :)
  • Options
    Oh the nausea! Getting ready and the morning commute on the subway are the worse. By 6pm I'm ready to fall asleep like a log! Going to find some ginger hard candy to help with the morning sickness that seems to be on and off all day! Appointment on friday cant wait for a heartbeat
  • Options
    My face is turning into a pizza.
  • Options
    Anyone else really thirsty? I’m not hitting the restroom extra either..? Not sure where it’s going! 5w4d
  • Options
    @bmdcj4 Are you retaining water? Maybe dehydrated? Increased thirst is normal but not peeing is suspect, maybe call your ob? 
  • Options
    Super tired and zero appetite especially at dinner time. Lots of nausea but no vomiting. 
    I'm really hoping 2nd trimester helps with everything. I didn't have this extreme of symptoms with my first pregnancy. I also wonder if the time of year is making it worse. It's dark by 5:30pm here. So less sunlight :neutral: