Adoption
Options

Might be pregnant

i know this is a weird subject for this group, but let me tell you my story. I was adopted at 14, later on in my life. I had a hell of an early life that I’ll tell you about someday. Anyways for now I’m 31 and have two sons. I always knew I wanted to adopt one day and after many sleepless nights I decided I wasn’t going to try for the “girl” I wanted to go out and find my girl. My adoptive parents and I have this saying that we All fell in love. My husband needed time so I let him breathe, because I can be very pushy and obsessive lol. A week or two ago I brought up an a foster parent meeting. And the next thing I know I am waiting and hoping to get my period. I am kinda sad because three kids is probably all we can handle and I wanted to find a little girl to be the “cherry on top” of our family, my boys are both into the idea and I’m scared if I am pregnant and we have another child we will never get to adopt.We never ever have slips and I sorta wonder if my husband did it on purpose. And it’s only once. Any way that’s my story for now. One more week till AF should be here. 

Re: Might be pregnant

• Options
    cnfoley5 said:
    i know this is a weird subject for this group, but let me tell you my story. I was adopted at 14, later on in my life. I had a hell of an early life that I’ll tell you about someday. Anyways for now I’m 31 and have two sons. I always knew I wanted to adopt one day and after many sleepless nights I decided I wasn’t going to try for the “girl” I wanted to go out and find my girl. My adoptive parents and I have this saying that we All fell in love. My husband needed time so I let him breathe, because I can be very pushy and obsessive lol. A week or two ago I brought up an a foster parent meeting. And the next thing I know I am waiting and hoping to get my period. I am kinda sad because three kids is probably all we can handle and I wanted to find a little girl to be the “cherry on top” of our family, my boys are both into the idea and I’m scared if I am pregnant and we have another child we will never get to adopt.We never ever have slips and I sorta wonder if my husband did it on purpose. And it’s only once. Any way that’s my story for now. One more week till AF should be here. 
    You don't know if you are pregnant yet, so I'd try not to worry. If you do not want to get pregnant and want to pursue adoption instead, I would suggest getting a more reliable birth control plan. If you cannot trust your husband to properly practice the withdrawl method then you need a method that you can have better control of.

Also, I don't know much about adoption, but I'm unsure how particular you can be about stating the sex of the individual placed in your care, much like with pregnancy.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Actually you can pick the sex of the baby if you are going through an agency not sure about foster to adopt tho. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Axl2 you have to keep us updated! Maybe it's just the infertile me speaking, but another addition to your family sounds amazing! I know it's hard to think if you can adopt once you family moves to 5, but don't count yourself out. It could be that you'll have the girl naturally with your husband. Or it could be that 1 more baby in the family will only increase your desire to continue pursuing adoption.
  • Options
    @AnnieR81, I’m not original poster.

@cnfoley5, did you find out if your pregnant?