November 2018 Moms
Options

Ticker Change 11/22-11/28

explanation for the newbies: your ticker change day is the day that you begin your next gestational week, i.e. if you start your 39th week of pregnancy today (11/21), Wednesday would be your ticker change day.

1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival?

6. GTKY: Which family holiday tradition are you most excited to start with your little one?

Re: Ticker Change 11/22-11/28

• Options
    40 weeks. They say watermelon but he feels like a bowling ball.

2. How are you feeling?
    Trying to stay hopeful he comes during the next 7 days and wr don't have to induce.

Had one on tues. Tommy is measuring 88% 8lb 6oz

Come out come out wherever you are!

Walking a lot and having serious conversations with him that he would want to be a Nov baby and that he'd want to steer clear of xmas.

6. GTKY: Which family holiday tradition are you most excited to start with your little one?
    We just got our Xmas tree yesterday. Can't wait for him to be there for it next year.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you today? What size is baby? i would have been 40 weeks! babies are actually 5w6d old. 

2. How are you feeling? a bit sad that time is going by so fast. i’ve been cycling through old pumped milk in the freezer, and yesterday i picked up the very last bottle of milk that i pumped when we were in the nicu and i didn’t want to defrost it. such a weird thing to be sentimental about.

3. Any appointments this week? on tuesday i had my final postpartum check up. the midwife did a quick internal exam and screened for depression (standard). next week the girls will have another wellness check at the pedi.

4. Rants/raves/questions? how much baby spit up is normal? dd1 never once spit up, but the twins spit up a bit after about half their feedings. not violent or anything, just messy.

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival? cleaning out and reorganizing the closet in the nursery, which has gotten pretty disheveled.

6. GTKY: Which family holiday tradition are you most excited to start with your little one? baking christmas cookies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wildrainbowwildrainbow member
    edited November 2018
    @highsteaks Some spit up is normal. I would say as long as they aren't in pain, projectiling it, or spitting up a lot in between feeding, that what you are dealing with is normal. *She says through her all knowing internet goggles* All of that aside, if you are concerned, talk to their pedi. 

Also, how are they 5 weeks old already?! This means M will be 6 weeks Monday  :'(

Edited because I'm no good at counting.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow did m get medicine? i remember the neonatologist saying that they don’t give meds for reflux because of some good reason, but now i can’t remember why that is and if there is anything that could help them. thank goodness for the rocknplays because i can’t hold them upright as long as they need.
  • Options
    @highsteaks Yeah, M is on Zantac
  • Options
    Filling this out late- 40 weeks +2
    2. How are you feeling?
    Very, very heavy.
    2 chiros and the weekly- had the first chiro on Monday, the weekly on Tuesday, and then moved up my 41 weeks chiro to Friday, because it looks like Saturday is eviction day
    The swelling has been the worst I've ever experienced, definitely ready for this comically-large baby to come out.
    Squats, sitting criss-cross applesauce, walking, meditating, sleeping, and general house chores to feel better about the state of my house.
    Usually for Christmas we go up to Cleveland to visit family and see my FIL conduct the Chagrin Falls Little Valley Orchestra holiday concert. We're not doing it this year, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her reaction to the orchestra next year!