Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-In w/o Nov. 19

How far along are you/ EDD?

How are you feeling/any symptoms?

Any upcoming appointments?

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?

What are your Thanksgiving plans, if you’re in the US? If you’re not in the US, how do you celebrate your favorite holiday?

Paging:

@autumnlvs  6/29

@Bababatty  6/22

@northbeach3 6/5

@blackhottamales 7/18

@hildy11 6/9

@Griffin5413 6/21

@CatWaffles 7/7

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In w/o Nov. 19

• ha I'll delete mine :)
  • @Bababatty thanks for getting this started--too funny, i had picked the same GTKY question 

How far along are you/ EDD? 5+4 7/18

How are you feeling/any symptoms? i was super emotional over the weekend.  I'm not really hungry, but I wouldn't say nauseated just no appetite.  So i still eat when i'm 'scheduled' to.  

Any upcoming appointments? 11/26, it feels so long since my last appointment I can't wait. 1 more week. 

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? ugh--i need to stop researching stuff to buy. we have so much longer there just isn't a need for it yet.  I'm not buying anything yet.  

What are your Thanksgiving plans, if you’re in the US? If you’re not in the US, how do you celebrate your favorite holiday? we are going out to dinner this year. it's just the two of us and it's not worth cooking all the stuff for two people.  i'm excited for a date out on the town.  (even if it's in the middle of the afternoon). 

• Loading the player...
  • OMG!! so exciting @ndz2018 i understand the hesitation--i'm still super nervous since i haven't had an appointment since the 10th!  i'm slightly jealous your U/S is so early--mine was delayed due to the holiday.  But it's not like i can really change anything...except maybe reduce these IM shots everyday! Those are high betas, but it's true you never know--did you transfer a 5 day? it could have implanted right away so your numbers were raising quickly.  i'll be curious to know too.  
  • @blackhottamales Yup! A 5 day transfer! Also that's exactly what I'm thinking is that he snuggled in right away. He was fully hatched when they froze'em so I'm hoping he just latched on immediately. I'm sorry you can't get in till Dec 10 ...SHOOT even after those high betas I woke up yesterday morning and tested again just to make sure my lines were still dark and they showed up in about 3 seconds lol.  How are you feeling doll??
  • @ndz2018 i wasn't clear. I had my last beta on 11/10 and now i don't have my u/s until 11/26 the same as you! i can't wait.  I go back and forth--often i think i have zero symptoms, but then i had my crying fit this weekend (well 2 if i'm honest), i fell asleep at 8:15 last night, and i don't have an appetite.  but from what i hear--i have it really good.  no bad nausea, just a feel bad for a little bit that i kinda count as nausea but i'm not going to puke.  

were you open with your transfer? does your family know? 
  • @blackhottamales AAHHHHH GOTCHA! I read it wrong lol . OH You'll probably see a heartbeat by then, right? Honestly, I just hope they see what they're supposed to see at 5 week 4 days for me on Mon 11/26! We kept our transfer semi quiet. I told my mom ( who wants to scream from the rooftops that i'm KU's but thankfully she hasn't, YET!) , a few friends who have been super supportive, and that's it. I just don't want too many people knowing in case anything happens. I will tell my brother and SIL as long as these next two appointments go well. 
    How about you???
  • @ndz2018 lurking from 2nd tri! Congratulations! I am soo excited for you!! 
  • @bpietronicco Thank you so much!!  Congrats to you too doll! 
  • @ndz2018 YESSSSS!!! I am so happy you’re here now!! Hooray and congratulations!! 
  • @Bababatty Thank you so much! I'm happy to be in such good company with you ladies!!!
  • Hey guys... so I started spotting today, red blood and cramping a lil worse than I had been over the last few weeks. I’ll be going in tomorrow to do blood work to check my estrogen , progesterone and probably another beta. I know it’s very common to spot in early pregnancy but it doesn’t make it any less scary. 
  • Fx for you! Praying all is okay. @ndz2018
  • Thanks doll! 

Spotting has stopped and more good news is my nurse put me in for an U/S tomorrow. I’ll be exactly 5 weeks and I know we probably won’t be able to see much I just hope they see what they’re supposed to see. 
  • My thoughts with you as well. Hoping it's not big deal and things will be progressing smoothly <3<3
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited November 2018
    @optimisticmrsk
    Welcome! I think we all understand the complicated feelings and anxieties in the 1st (and later) trimester after IF! I'm glad to see you over here and super stoked that you got to see a good heartbeat! Many more of those to come, i pray!

Your symptoms sound alot like mine, minus the constant heartburn -- nausea that comes and goes throughout the day and high fatigue levels! And yes, stopping PIO is glorious -- although it will take another few weeks or more for your bum/backside to return to normal. I had massive knots under the skin until around 20ish weeks but I also had to do PIO to 12 weeks. Is your RE going to see you for a few more scans or are you moving over to the OB?

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @ndz2018 Thinking of you and praying your spotting is normal! I’m glad you’re able to get in so fast. Keep us updated!

@northbeach3 I really wish I knew more about baby supplies at this juncture given Black Friday. I do want some maternity clothes so i’ll probably drag DH out on Saturday. If anyone has hot tips on Black Friday baby items, I’m all ears!

Also so annoying about the ice cups! On the way back, can you get a water bottle to put them in? Then they won’t notice.

@optimisticmrsk Welcome!! Hearing the baby’s heartbeat for the first time is such an overwhelming experience. And it never gets old—I say like I’m an expert even though we’ve only heard it three times thus far, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving, US friends! May our nausea, gas, and heartburn not interfere with our abilities to gorge ourselves.  :D
  • @ndz2018 What a relief!! I’m so glad everything is looking good!
  • Welcome to the other side @optimisticmrsk! Glad you had a good first scan. When’s your next appt? Will you be graduating?

thanks for the tip @Bababatty. Will def so that. I like iced drinks and def need fluids to survive the flight. :)

dealing with nausea but it’s bc I’m on my DH family’s food schedule. The snacks I brought aren’t cutting it. :/ I’ve already had first breakfast but waiting in second breakfast. Haha
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @ndz2018 lovely picture! And great numbers. 
  • *TW* heavy spotting/bleeding

Hi ladies, had another bleeding scare this morning. Woke up at 6am and felt leakage and then had gush of blood into toilet. Made me light headed that I actually passed out briefly on the floor. My MIL heard me and woke up the DH. Went to ER and they gave me IV / nausea meds. 

My rant is health care / poor bedside manner. The nurses were wonderful but poor ratings for the Er doc and us tech. The tech woman wheels me away to
    the us room and my DH can’t come (!!!). She’s dead silent and just moving the belly wand around and I can hear her clicking away taking pics. I can barely see the screen (I’m fully flat and the screen is directly perpendicular to my eye line). I’m holding my breath at this point hoping for any indication of anything. I’m expecting to either hear or not hear a HB and nothing, no sound. This goes on for at least 10 mins and still no feedback whatsoever. She wheels me back and I finally ask if she’s able to say anything (she’s not)... so at least 30 more mins waiting for Er doc to give report. He comes in and flatlysays live interuterine PG measuring 12+6 and 2cm SCH.  I ask if it’s possible to have scans and he says no! Didn’t get report on FHR or where the SCH was located. Just told bed and pelvic rest and to follow up with doc when I’m back home. 

Im obviously relieved and cried a bit thinking about my little fighter, but I’m so irritated with the experience. My DH and I have been through the ringer of emotions and we still expect the worst. I’m continuing to take it easy and it looks like bleeding has subsided... but had to vent. Thanks for listening. 
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3
    Ugh, I'm going to be so happy for you when those SCH finally resolve!! So scary. And I'm sorry about the poor bedside manner of the tech and doc....I know you tend to get all types in the ER and they're probably exhausted/stressed out, but a little sensitivity goes a long way. 

Take it easy and rest up. Do you see your regular OB next week? I know you've sorta had a mixed bag experience with the OB as well (well, that you didn't see him, didn't get doppler or scans, etc). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @northbeach3 That is so scary and then for the ER doc and u/s tech to have such a poor manner is just horrible! Why on earth couldn’t they let you hear the FHR or at least tell you what it was? I hope you’re able to get into your clinic when you’re back home so they can give you some peace of mind. I hope you’re able to relax for the rest of your trip—will you get to ride in a wheelchair at the airport for your bed rest? That would at least be kind of fun! ;-) 
  • Hi all, 

Sorry I’m so late this week. 

@northbeach3, so sorry to hear about the crap ER experience. I had one a few weeks ago and lucked out with the doctor, but it is still just a terrifying experience. And so ridiculous they wouldn’t let your partner come to the scan?! Will send you all the good vibes for those SCHs to resolve pronto. 

@ndz2018 and @optimisticmrsk welcome and congrats! 

As for me:

How far along are you/ EDD? 11w6d, 9 June

How are you feeling/any symptoms? Am absolutely exhausted, but nausea seems to have gone. Still bloated/stopped up and am blaming the progesterone. Few headaches (am blaming the estrogen!).

Any upcoming appointments? 12 week scan and NIPT on Monday. Bit terrified as it’s been 4 weeks since the last time we saw the little blob. Disappointed that we’ve had to delay the NIPT (I was travelling for work and didn’t want to get the results whilst away from home), but so looking forward to finding out sex (we’re not allowed to find out in Australia before implantation).

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Am finishing up the progesterone and estrogen tomorrow and am feeling a bit scared. Guess I just have to trust the placenta is ready to take over!

What are your Thanksgiving plans, if you’re in the US? If you’re not in the US, how do you celebrate your favorite holiday? Hmmmm, not in the US. Not sure about which is my fave holiday, but I do like Christmas. Like most things, I love to celebrate with all the food and lots of family. 

Hope you all have lovely weekends. xx

• @hildy11
    I'm a big Christmas fan too!! I'm thinking of making a croquembouche or something fancy this year....how that will work out with the baby, I have no idea. My husband is set on making gingerbread houses with her and I am just dreading the mess that's going to be....royal icing is such a pain in the bum.

Your placenta has already been dishing out hormones so I think it's ready to go :smile:  Good luck on your scan on Monday!! And exciting to find out the gender -- I think most of the 2nd tri ladies seem to be raining boys so maybe you'll be having a girl to start leveling the playing field :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks ladies. Spotting has subsided. still taking it easy and hope travel by plane home is uneventful tomorrow. Will call Docs office first thing Monday to see if they can squeeze me in before Friday. Not hopeful - yay health care. I’m less freaked out this time around since got confirmation we’re still growing on track. Hope I’m nearing end of nausea season but also being realistic. :)

youre just a few days behind me @hildy11! Fx for great scan! Are they doing any other testing?

• @northbeach3 Girl I am So sorry..how frightening but I’m so glad you have confirmation all is well!!! Rest and relax doll, sending you lots of love and light!

Have an ultrasound and blood work tomorrow morning at 5 weeks and 4 days. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to see?  
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited November 2018
    @ndz2018 At my 5 week scan, we saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac. I think it’s mostly to check for placement (I.e not in a tube) and if you ended up with multiples. Good luck tomorrow! 

@northbeach3 Fingers crossed for an uneventful flight home and that you can get in to see your clinic!

@hildy11 Good luck with the NIPT and everything tomorrow!! I hope it all looks good!!
  • @northbeach3 how horrible-I get people might see this all the time but some sympathy is really needed. I’m glad it turned out ok and the bleeding has subsided. Travel safe. 

@hildy11 good luck tomorrow!
  • @ndz2018 yeah, i think 5+4 is still a bit early to see fetal pole/FHR, but i think they measure the gestational sac around this time.  of course, you could be measuring ahead and then maybe something more to measure?  i don't know what the placenta is doing at this time or if they could tell you if you had any SCH.

clearly, i don't have many answers... but helpful to know that you may not see much more than GS and Yolk sac. what is your RE's typical scan schedule?  What week do they typically graduate ladies?

• Thanks guys! When I was Spotting this past week we saw it was in the correct spot and the gestational n yolk sac. Guess we won’t see much more which is FINE. As long as it’s looking “normal” that’s all I care About. 

@northbeach3 If I remember correctly my SIL graduated around week 9/10. I’ll ask my RE tomorrow when I see her.

• It makes my heart happy seeing so many familiar faces here! 

@northbeach3 I graduated at 10 weeks and 1st OB appt was at 11 weeks. 
    The last week at my RE was mainly getting blood drawn to make sure I could go 100% off PIO.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @northbeach3 I also graduated at 10 weeks and had OB appt the next week. 
  • @northbeach3 what a terrible experience you had! As if it isn't already scary enough to have to deal with all of that, then to get that type of bedside manner makes it even worse! I'm glad everything is ok. Hopefully your ob will be more reassuring! I graduated from my RE at about 6 1/2 weeks as soon as he sees the heartbeat. 

@ndz2018 and @optimisticmrsk - welcome ladies!!! happy to see you here! 

@hildy11  - how did the NIPT go? 

I'm clearly a week behind. We were out in CA for Thanksgiving for the entire week and my mom's house has terrible reception! 
    How far along are you/ EDD? - 10w2D , June 21

How are you feeling/any symptoms? Thankfully the nausea meds have made a world of difference!!!

Any upcoming appointments? NIPT scheduled for 12/10 and next ob the 20th. This stage is the worst b/c you have so long between appointments and you can't feel any movement yet. 

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? - not much at this point. The waiting game between appointments is no joke. 

What are your Thanksgiving plans, if you’re in the US? If you’re not in the US, how do you celebrate your favorite holiday? - we went out to CA to visit family for the holidays 9 days is a long time to be away from home and out of your own routine especially when you're pregnant!

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker