July 2019 Moms

Cravings of the week 11/19

What are you craving right now? Or what do you not want near you? 

Re: Cravings of the week 11/19

• I'm a keto mommy and I can't tolerate poultry, eggs, and beef.  All I want is penne vodka.  This is rough.  I'm giving into the cravings more than usual because I have horrible morning sickness.
  • I'm basically living off of tomato soup with crackers, nutty bars, and raspberry tea. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat The only thing that helped me thru nausea last pregnancy was tomato juice or tomato soup, tomatoes are just plain magical. 

Repeat of last pregnancy, all I want is pickles, tomato products, pasta. I'm not supposed to have gluten or tomatoes though so I'm probably going to pickup some GF pasta and am looking up tomato-free marinara recipes, which sounds really sad. MH made shepherd's pie last night upon my request and that was amaaaazing. 
  • 7w1d & morning sickness is hitting me hard this week. I’ve been craving french fries and chocolate milkshakes which I gave into today. Both alleviated my nausea. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Anything acidic or hot right now.
  • Tomato soup is starting to turn on me. Thankfully my old friend baked potato stepped up.

Pretty much all meat is a no go right now. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I really want mushroom stroganoff and am determined to put together a gluten free version tonight. 
  • Up until now, I'd basically been living on fruits, veggies, crackers, peanut butter toast, Mac & cheese, and the occasional simple chicken dish.

Today though, I HAD to get some Ruffles potato chips and some of those little powdered donuts. 
  • @keebler6elf OMG I am craving those little powdered donuts so bad right now! I almost ran to the store last night to grab some but I was too lazy. I would stop on the way home tonight, but DH is having issues with our other vehicles, so I may need to rush home so he can go to work. 
  • Oh I've also been craving angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip. Went to the store and grabbed those dessert cups because I don't want to bake  
  • I’m struggling to find anything that sounds good. No rea aversions, but nothing sounds good either. 
  • DH was at the store and text me if I wanted anything. I responded 6 times. SIX. Progresso wedding soup, everything bagels, hot cocoa mix with marshmallows, bananas, progresso ckn & dumplings & hearty ckn noodle (after I googled flavors and got excited) and chocolate coconut milk ice cream. This is going to be a loooong pregnancy 😝
  • I’ve hit the point where lots of stuff sounds good, I get it, and it’s not as good as I was hoping lol. Panera mac n cheese sounded delicious the other day. Got it, and it was fine, but not as great as I was hoping! 

Im pretty excited for thanksgiving tomorrow though! Give me all of the mashed potatoes!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @wineandcoffee Right there with you. Only issue I've had is blueberries are tasty soapy. Sadness.
  • @nolemomma14 I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving food too! I'm thankful a lot of it is pretty simple and gentle... That's what I need right now. Or maybe just a plateful of mashed potatoes. 
  • @foodislove I had oreos the other day and they tasted burnt. That was a sad day! 
  • I want anything sweet. Like cinnamon rolls or donuts. This is why I gained 40 lbs last pregnancy... 
  • Basically just tolerating everything right now and not really craving anything. Nausea is setting in so everything just tastes off. 🤢
  • Opened up a jar of the pickles I made a few weeks back. I don't care cliché pickles and pregnancy are. So good!!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat those look so good right now. We have cornichons, pickled carrots and pickled asparagus for tomorrow and I plan on eating all of it. 
  • @mamanbebe that sounds divine! All the pickled things! We just finished off our last jar of pickled okra and peppers and I don't think we are going to get enough from the rest of our plants to make any more. I'm so sad!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Oooooh pickled okra are so good. I hope you get a bigger pickling yield next season! MH and I were just talking about how when we move out of the city, we must build up a huge pickle hoard of what we grow. Stores selections out here are so disappointing and expensive. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2018
    We started our plants too late this year. Next year it's on though! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Ooooh, I *love* pickles! Do you have a good recipe for making them at home? Are they quick pickles, or do you can them?
  • I apparently hate any food after the 3rd bite right now. I’m getting frustrated.... nothing tastes good. Or if it does, it quickly turns on me. 
  • Protein shakes and fruit cocktail peaches 🤷
  • @nopegoat Ooooh, I *love* pickles! Do you have a good recipe for making them at home? Are they quick pickles, or do you can them?
    Oops! Don't know how I missed this. Since we aren't yielding nearly as much produce right now we are just doing quick refrigerator pickles. Honestly I prefer them over canned as I like the crunch.

I follow just a basic recipe to make sure I get the brine ratios right and then add a bunch of spices and herbs as I see fit. I'm a horrible recipe follower lol! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I just ate an entire half of a large, thin crust pizza.  :# And it was everything I needed.  <3
  • All I want is pasta with marinara sauce. Everything else sounds gross. I woke up this morning without nausea and thought that was nice and a little worrying, but lucky me it's back in full swing complete with food aversions. 
  • I really didn’t have any aversions with my first two, but this time coffee sounds awful. I’m so sad! I usually have a cup every morning, but am on day 3 without. It smells so good when it’s brewing, but can’t drink it. 

Today a quesadilla and refried beans sounded good. It was good, but the nausea has lingered all day. Enjoyed a giant bowl of mashed potatoes for dinner 😆 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I only want cheese pizza! 
  • Iced tea and popcorn with a little bit of olive oil and salt totally hit the spot today! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat mmmm, iced tea sounds amazing! 

I had a Dr Pepper tonight and it tasted weird. Last pregnancy I didn’t have any weird food aversions. Looks like things are already different with this one! I also got hit with nausea last night out of the blue, didn’t vomit, but just had to sit there in bed thinking about how much it would suck to vomit while I’m sick with some popped out ribs and torn muscles between my ribs. 
  • Food aversions are hitting hard and all I want is carbs! Bread, pizza, french fries... but mostly the thought of eating makes me sick. 😫
  • Last night I really wanted enchiladas and they were terrible :( I need to get back in the swing of cooking again this week. 
  • Still all about tacos but now it's tacos and pasta. Laying in bed and need to get up and eat but ...
  • @smoochiemama16, same here. No cravings, food = death.  Really struggling to think of anything that doesn't gross me out. So far, strawberry eggo waffles have been the only thing I have eaten since yesterday at lunch. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @nopegoat Those pickles look amazing! I had a giant pickle last night! 

I am hungry all the damn time. And if I’m not eating, I get nauseous. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 Me too! I just ate lunch an hour early and I'm still hungry. About to go to the grocery store, hungry, which never ends well.. 
  • Just gorged myself on potstickers and shrimp teriyaki. Ugh. So good but so miserable now. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙