May 2019 Moms
Options

Baby registry items w/o 11/18

2»

Re: Baby registry items w/o 11/18

• Options
    @k2k2tog - Another thing I hate about my current town is the moms :( They are insufferable. You'll never meet a bigger group of humble-bragging, condescending hippy-shit women in your entire life. You can't just crack a Coors with one of them and talk about the latest episode of The Bachelor. They have very high opinions of themselves with their advanced degrees and perfect parenting techniques. It's extremely obnoxious.
    Maybe I'll preemptively look at the mom groups in the Indy area and just drive up when I have time. There's enough diversity that I may find someone to talk to up there.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo seconding that you gotta find a local twin moms group! So much advice about babies/gear/sleep/general survival in generel  just doesn’t apply to twins.  I’m in an active local group that meets for drinks weekly after the kids are in bed (obviously I don’t go every week), and does get togethers with the kids every so often.  

My main gear advice is to buy lots of “baby holders” (think rock n play, bjorn bouncer, mamaroo, etc) but only one of any one specific type.  I found it kept them occupied a little longer to basically play round robin with all the different contraptions.

I know you don’t want to leave a baby parked in a rock n play all day, but you need to put one down to pick up the other constantly.  So you need a safe place to put a baby in basically every room of the house!  The Twin-Z pillow was by far my #1 gear rec.  Where I live they were easy to find used.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, @anonellis!! That helps a lot :) I have plenty of "baby holders" from my firstborn and I have friends donating theirs to me since I'll need more of them. My parents are giving us their large sectional couch and we're going to get a cozy rug for the floor so the babies can do tummy time.
    I would love to find a mom group for twins but after doing some searching nothing like that exists in Indiana :\ at least nothing currently active. Seems to be more common in larger cities! I'd be all set if I still lived in Chicago lol
  • Options
    We have an almost 3 year old but there are some big ticket items we still need. Our son's infant car seat expired and we have the compatible stroller we still use but the carseat/stroller is no longer being made (The Orbit). So, I'm trying to sell it and we are going to get a new Uppababy Vista with board for my son to ride. I'm still going back and forth about getting a double lightweight stroller to keep in the car. I feel like my son still needs it when we go to the amusement park or into the city. But, I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case. We are planning on the double Citi Mini GT for travel.

I have a Halo bassinet from my first-- but I have to admit the Snoo looks tempting. I may just use the Halo though to save the money. 

We also have our mamaroo but I'd like a bouncer too-- thinking of the baby bjorn this time around. 

Also, just bought a nanit on a black friday deal but am unsure if I want to keep it. The idea of setting up a Nest or Arlo system throughout the house is tempting. I guess we can always do that separately and I like that the nanit gives you sleep insights.