Baby Names

Which name for our boy?

I seriously CANNOT decide between the two!

Which name for our boy? 68 votes

Wyatt
55% 38 votes
Hudson
44% 30 votes

Re: Which name for our boy?

• Also kind of considering the name Archer, but really dislike the nickname Archie.
  • I love the way Wyatt Archer sounds!
  • Loading the player...
  • katezx said:
    Also kind of considering the name Archer, but really dislike the nickname Archie.
    I LOVE Archie and only kind of like Acher.
  • katezxkatezx member
    edited November 2018
    Ahhh Wyatt Archer!!  I love it too! Good call!
  • mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited November 2018
    If you like Archer but don't want anyone calling him Archie, what about Adler? Very similar but can't be shortened to Archie.
    I voted for Hudson over Wyatt almost entirely because Wyatt has become so popular these days but if popularity is not a concern of yours, Wyatt is still a nice name.
  • Hudson and Wyatt are both pretty popular right now. I like Archer. I have a friend whose son is Archer and I don’t think anyone calls him Archie. I’d expect a longer name like Archibald to have a nickname, but Archer is just as easy to say as Archer.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I’m finding that most boy names are “popular” unless you pick a really off the wall or made up name. It seems there are a plethora of girls names, but only so many boy names.
    A lot of boy names also sound alike. How many Mason, Easton, Weston, Hudson’s are there?
    I think Wyatt actually kind of stands out amongst names like Hudson, and we have decided on Wyatt because of that.
  • @katezx Could be! It was definitely easier for DH and I to come up with a girl's name than a boy's (so of course, we're having a boy!  :D). Congrats on coming to a decision!
  • katezx said:
    I’m finding that most boy names are “popular” unless you pick a really off the wall or made up name. It seems there are a plethora of girls names, but only so many boy names.
    A lot of boy names also sound alike. How many Mason, Easton, Weston, Hudson’s are there?
    I think Wyatt actually kind of stands out amongst names like Hudson, and we have decided on Wyatt because of that.
    There are plenty of awesome boy names, sorry dont agree.
    I do agree though, if you name your son Blake or Charlie he may be in a class of two girls with those names as its 'cool' to put boy names on girls. 
  • I know someone with a Wyeth so that’s similar but less used than Wyatt

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Archer is awesome!!

Wyatt is too country for me but Hudson all I can think is the dirty river in NY. It’s so weird people are trending this name as someone who lives in NYS