April 2019 Moms

Symptoms 11/15-11/25

I keep on tweaking my back and it makes it hard to move, and harder to chase DD. But mostly, I miss my 800 mg Motrin.

Re: Symptoms 11/15-11/25

• Driving for 30 minutes officially hurts my lower back and left leg, headaches but not as frequent, back pain. Basically, I'm feeling ok for the most part so I'm going to enjoy the second trimester as long as it will let me.
  • @lyse01, I've been missing my ibuprofen too!  Sometimes pregnancy guidelines stink.

@mrstmoose, driving makes my lower back flare up also.  Does your car have a lumbar support or any adjustments you can do to help make it more comfortable?

For the most part I'm feeling okay, my appetite is still hit or miss and dealing with sciatica/random RLP.  Some days I don't even feel pregnant though, just fat.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have only felt what i think was a kick once, but it feels like this kid is doing somersaults and my stomach is constantly being turned inside out and it makes me nauseous. And i keep waking up feeling like i have 5 pounds of mucous in my nose and throat. My gag reflex is so sensitive that i spend the entire morning shower dry heaving/gagging and blowing my nose till enough comes out that it stops. I definitely didn't have this last time.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @lyse01 me too. It seems the littlest things pinched my back.
    @thatbaintforbetty I’m 19weeks this week and I am just now consistently feeling this one moving/kicking, especially when I’m sitting. I just wish he/she wasn’t constantly sitting on and kicking my bladder lol

Im so sick of migraines from this wacky weather. They probably would be more tolerable if I could take some Sudafed to relieve my sinus pressure. i randomly got super hot and shaky this morning. I ate, drank some water, and laid down for a couple of hours and felt a little better. But while at the grocery store I started feeling the same way again. I had a whole list of to dos to get done today while DS was at my moms and I did nothing except grocery shop 

• @lyse01 I don't think so. I have heated seats so those are on every time I'm in the car, so that's nice.
  • I'm adding hip pain.
  • A new one for me today is joint pain in my knee. Super fun.
  • @mrstmoose I love my heated seats. DH turns them off whenever he drives my car which makes me sad.
  • Agreeing with the lower back pain in the car. Have an hour and 15 min drive to work and when I park I feel like just toppling sideways out of the seat haha.
  • I slept on the couch wrong and tweaked my back.

I must be getting old :expressionless:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am feeling the back pain - thankfully mine is just sort of a general soreness and stiffness. I think if I had to drive regularly for more than an hour, I would just end up trying to plug my hot pad into the car to make up for lack of heated seats!

Also, I had a couple weeks where my fatigue seemed to go away but the past week or so has been terrible. I wake up tired and shuffle around yawning the whole day, hoping to take a nap. The only good news is that I’ve been sleeping pretty well through the night, which is nice but it’d also be nice if I actually felt rested. :|
  • @kangstadt and everyone else: here’s an imaginary Motrin 💊

19 weeks til I can use again. I should probably work on some core strength in the meantime. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • @lyse01, my sister (an OB) told me there's no reason not to do abdominal movements just to take it easy with them, although my first doctor told me not to because of my diastasis recti.  I would think that yoga could be helpful, as well as stationary holds like planks or v-sits that aren't actively crunching your stomach over and over.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lyse01 said:
    @mrstmoose I love my heated seats. DH turns them off whenever he drives my car which makes me sad.
    My DH turns them off too lol. I love mine and the drivers side turns on automatically if it’s below a certain temperature which is even more amazing imo 
  • Sciatic pain tonight. Whyyyyy?
  • I am having upper and lower back pain.
    Occasional headaches.
    I have been spotting this past week. My MFM doctor saw some fluid (membrane fluid?) in my ultrasound and warned me that it could cause spotting, but as long as it remained brown he said there was nothing to worry about. Which it has.
    Shortness of breath.
    Lastly, I have no to very little appetite. I eat very little and get full. Anyone else have this? I did not experience this with my first pregnancy, but friends say it's normal. I have a doc appointment next week and will mention it.
  • @caiobellat that's been my experience with almost this entire pregnancy. Saturday night was the only time I've felt insatiable and eaten a lot. I've had almost no appetite, if something does sound good I eat a half portion and put the rest away. I also get indigestion really easily. 

I'm gaining weight OK and the babies look good so my doc doesn't want me to worry. For peace of mind I drink a couple high protein/low sugar shakes each day to get extra protein to them.
  • @ciaobellat, my appetite is the same way.  Even with carbs or junk food, I fill up really fast (although I know I need to get more of the quality stuff in).  Veggies are still a turnoff for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt me too! I want veggies and salads so bad but even the smell turns me off. Then I eat too many carbs and feel crappy 
  • @MRDCle @kangstadt I am glad to know it's not just me. My last ultrasound showed baby growing at the proper rate, so I guess I shouldn't worry so much. I am able to eat fruit but veggies are a turn off for me as well, also most meats. I usually love chicken and broccoli, and cant stand it right now. I am probably having one full meal a day, if that.
  • This is a new one for me. I was just at work going through some boxes that just came back from a conference and talking to my coworkers. I suddenly got this wave of sudden exhaustion/dizziness, my vision went blurry (like a white fog started from the left side of my vision and started making its way across), and my words started slurring. I knew exactly what I was trying to say, just couldn't get my words to form. Lasted only a minute or so, but that's never happened to me before. Anyone else experience something like this, or it's it really abnormal and something I should bring up to my doctor?
  • @chrissdee I would definitely put a call in to your doctor about that. Visual disturbances and dizziness can be signs of pre-e so I would call just for those reasons. 
  • Is anyone else struggling to sleep at night? I am not getting into a deep sleep. I woke up this morning on my stomach (how, I don't know, because it shouldn't be comfortable to lay like that) but thankfully, LO started kicking away. I hated the Snoogle my first pregnancy but I'm wondering if I should reinvest in it? But my trusty old (and I mean old) body pillow was good for that pregnancy but now it sucks.
  • @MRDCle Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that. I'll give the office a call.
  • @mrstmoose I got a snoogle mini which has been really good. It’s a bit smaller and not as high/puffy as a regular snoogle so it’s more comfortable for me to use (I’m 5’1”), with the added bonus of not taking up the entire queen bed. It keeps me from rolling onto my stomach and provides support between my legs. It cut down a lot on back pain and numb legs after I started using it. Flopping over is a bit of a PITA now, is my only complaint.

If it helps, I usually slept like... 3/4 on my stomach (1 knee up usually, if that makes sense) before pregnancy. It keeps me from doing that while making me comfortable enough to sleep well.
  • @lin0442 I slept exactly like that pre pregnancy! On my stomach, with one knee (usually my right) up. So funny! I'll look into the mini!
  • @mrstmoose Yep, me. I went to bed at about 9 last night woke up at 1:30 and had a hell of a time getting back to sleep, must have at some point cause i woke up at 5 and threw in the towel at that point cause my alarm is set for 5:30. And that's a good night. Right now part of my problem is that i developed some sort of sinus infection thing and can barely breathe. Breathe Right strips are helping some but i breathe easiest on my right side and trying to sleep on my left means i toss and turn a lot. Since i finally pulled my Snoogle out turning over requires waking up to untangle myself from it and reposition.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• My one ear keeps plugging.  I'm not sure if it's a pregnancy thing or just a me thing.

I also have the worst migraine I've had in a long time.  It's starting to creep down my neck.  They need to come up with something better for pregnant migraine sufferers. 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • eli_belleeli_belle member
    edited November 2018
    Holy heartburn! It is so bad that I feel burning all the way up in my sinuses!! Zantac didn't touch it, Pepcid only kind of works for a short time. Tums are a joke. Honestly I'm scared to eat anything since it is horrible after eating but then if I wait too long I get heartburn anyway!! So glad to be over the nausea but seriously this heartburn is no joke.
  • @mermaidca, amen to that.  I've had a migraine since last night and all I want to do is take some Advil and curl up in bed :expressionless:.  I've been taking magnesium regularly and they haven't been as bad since second trimester started, but man, this one is kicking my butt.

I might cave and buy a flavored coffee or something to try to get it to go away.  I'm supposed to go see a movie with a friend tonight and the thought of a loud movie theater is so off-putting right now....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I’m guessing thanks to the lowered immune system that comes with pregnancy I picked up a sinus infection somewhere. And because of my super sensitive pregnancy gag reflex I’m fucking miserable and hacking up stuff/coughing all the time. And now it feels like I swallowed razor blades. 

Ive got cough drops (sugar free :( ) and Robetussin. And lots of tea. Still feel absolutely miserable. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty, ugh, that sucks, I'm sorry :frowning:.  I have a touch of whatever cold DS caught that led to double ear infections for him.  It just seems to be hanging on as a sore throat and stuffy nose, which is more annoying than miserable.  Hopefully you find some relief soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been getting horrible headaches in the afternoon. I think its lack of caffeine and looking down at my phone too much. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @mermaidca it sucks when migraines spread like that. Hoping you get some relief soon. As @kangstadt said, magnesium helps so much with prevention. I found a magnesium drink called Natural Calm that I really like. I so miss my imitrex.
  • @mermaidca it sucks when migraines spread like that. Hoping you get some relief soon. As @kangstadt said, magnesium helps so much with prevention. I found a magnesium drink called Natural Calm that I really like. I so miss my imitrex.
    Imitrex is the best migraine relief, I miss it too. I also miss excedrin. I have a Terrible migraine today and @kangstadt I can totally relate to not wanting to be around loud noises.....I’m not looking forward to swim practice tonight with 60+ children 
  • Heartburn/reflux seems to be gone for now. No more round ligament pain but I know that won’t last. 
    I’m extremely short of breath and I’m constantly taking deep breaths. And my tailbone/lower back is a nightmare. Time for the belly band! 
  • Ow, back, ow.

also, it’s officially uncomfortable to do dishes - I think the counter height plus the stupid short faucet have me leaning in a lot, and that pressure is now hitting my uterus! I forgot about this from last time!
  • Woke up this morning with some mild cramping. By lunch time it had gotten worse despite drinking water and resting. So I called my doctor because I wanted to be safe going into a long holiday weekend. Ran to the store real quick for a couple last minute items for tomorrow(probably wasn’t the best idea with two children in tow lol) Thankfully my doctor wanted to see me right away because I started having contractions and blood in my urine. Luckily it’s just a bad bladder infection, but I did completely break down seeing the blood. Now just trying not to overdue it while getting ready to host 25 people for thanksgiving tomorrow. And praying it doesn’t develop into something worse. 
  • @blueberrymomma I’d break down too - how scary! Fx that everything feels better overnight and that your family is gracious in assisting and in not holding you to a timetable!