November 2018 Moms

Induction and delivery updates!

I'm officially checked in for my induction (I've been here 2 1/2 hours).  

Foley catheter is in place after 4 attempts (not dilated at all, so that was fun) and IV is in.  Not really feeling much other than a little back pressure right now.  They're expecting to start pitocin around 10:30.

It's baby day!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Our infertility journey (TW)
● IUI #1: BFN 
● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
● IUI #3: BFN 
● IUI #4: BFN 
● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

Re: Induction and delivery updates!

• baby day!!! 

• Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!! Hoping for a smooth delivery!

• Pitocin was just hooked up.

Feeling some discomfort in my back and my butt hurts from the uncomfortable bed, but I'm good otherwise.

They just listened to my lungs, though, since I've been sick and coughing and my left lung is crackling, so they're afraid I might have some mild pneumonia going on.  Hurray. :neutral:

• @MojieJo Hope it's not pneumonia! 
  • @wildrainbow I'm hoping it's just bronchitis, but I have asthma, so it's not unusual for minor respiratory things to turn more serious.

• @MojieJo Yeah, my mom was a severe asthmatic, so I know. She would always bleach the house from top to bottom whenever we got sick so she didn't get sick and end up in the hospital.
  • oh no! how do they take care of pneumonia?
  • @highsteaks IV antibiotics and then a course of oral antibiotics once I'm discharged.  I've been hospitalized for it before and that's how they handled it.  They haven't said what they're going to do about it this time, though.  I think they're waiting to see what my OB thinks is necessary.

Update: Having some pretty consistent contractions now and just had some watery bleeding that they're calling "sort of bloody show".  

Not really dilated yet (aside from what the bulb is doing), but the nurse said she thinks I'm getting pretty thinned out (she didn't do the first check, so she can't say for sure).

I'm at 10 units of pitocin now (started out at 2).

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited November 2018
    They just took the bulb out and broke my water.
    1cm (it feels like it should be so much more!), 75% effaced and -2 station.
    Hungry, nauseous, tired and in pain, but trooping through.

• @MojieJo You got this, mama! Hopefully the water breaking will speed things up
  • yes! and the hunger should go away, too, once things are progressing! ask if they can put anything in your iv for the nausea. are you trying with no epidural?
  • @MojieJo you’re a rockstar. 4 attempts at the bulb? Dang! You’re crushing it! Eye on the prize girl! Looking forward to seeing the happy ending! 
  • @MojieJo awesome! you are amazing! can’t wait to see your announcement. enjoy those newborn snuggles  <3
  • Can't wait to see your update!
  • Can't wait to see your sweet babe! I hope all went smooth!  <3
  • Yay Rockstar! Looking forward to the update. 
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited November 2018

River Tristan arrived early this morning at 2:39 AM on 11/17 (1 day after his due date).  8 pounds even, 20.5 inches.

The pushing stage was longer than expected since I couldn't feel ANYTHING thanks to the epidural.  They ended up having to turn it down twice before I could feel enough pressure to even try to push effectively and they had to stop and let him come down on his own for half an hour since he wasn't progressing.

His face is bruised and his eyes are puffy from being in the birth canal for so long, but he's adorable and looks like a mix of his brothers.

I'll post a longer, more detailed birth story and a picture once I have one on my phone! :smiley:

• @MojieJo Way to rock the VBAC!! I love his name! I'm glad y'all are doing well!!
  • @wildrainbow Thank you!  We had a hard time with a name since I have trouble with boys' names to start with and I've already picked two before, but I'm really happy with it.

I'm so glad I got the VBAC I wanted.  It was absolutely worth the worry and uncertainty in the end. :smiley:

• @MojieJo He's beautiful! Congrats, mama!
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited November 2018
    @MojieJo he is so adoreable! congratulations, and well done on your vbac! you really are a rockstar. i’m so very happy for you. 
  • Congrats!!! He's perfect!
  • @MojieJo Congratulations!  I love his middle name but perhaps I am a bit biased! :wink:
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!!! You worked hard, I hope the family is taking good care of you guys!