Adoption

November - Adoptive and Hopeful Adoptive Parents

What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process?

Any questions?

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?

GTKY (Get to know you) What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Re: November - Adoptive and Hopeful Adoptive Parents

• What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Foster Care

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) We have one child placed with us. He has a return home goal, but it could be changed to an adoption goal at the next court date in February.

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? Bio mom might be signing her rights away this month because she wants us adopting her son. We still have to wait to see what happens with bio dad, though, since he still has his rights.

Any questions? For those of you who have done or are doing an open adoption, how have you determined with the birth parents what that looks like? Do you get specific about what their contact is and how often or is it more of a play it by ear thing? And if it is specific, is there legal documentation involved or just an informal agreement?

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? None that I haven't shared yet.

GTKY (Get to know you) What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Stuffing! Or rolls... all the bread, basically :)
  • What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? International - China

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) Daughter was placed in my arms Sept. 18, 2006. She is now a wonderful 13-year-old.

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? No, but one of the Christmases we were waiting, I sent a letter letting family and friends know what was going on in the process because we were asked about it a lot.

Any questions? No

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? Just keep thinking positively. You'll get there and it will be worth it!

GTKY (Get to know you) What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I love the combination of all of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Domestic Infant Adoption

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) Waiting to be matched.

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? Nope. Just maintaining vigil.

Any questions? Not at this time.

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? Ask lots of questions. Don't be worried about judgement. 

GTKY (Get to know you) What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Green bean casserole...  yum!
  • @britters314 Be sure there is a signed agreement that spells out your terms for contact with bio family. That way all 3 of you knows what to expect.