May 2019 Moms

This Is Us

124»

Re: This Is Us

• @jarethinafrock  Add me to the I wish Kevin was still with Sophie group. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• megsb615megsb615 member
    edited November 2018
    @jarethinafrock and @robyn2201 I’m team Kevin and Sophie too because I’m a sap, and I think it’s sweet that they’ve loved each other since they were kids. I will say Beth’s cousin is growing on me some now that she doesn’t seem like she’s going to “chew Kevin up and spit him out” like Beth warned him she would do. 

ETA: HOWEVER, maybe she will end up still doing that, and he’ll end up finding his way back to Sophie again somehow. Also bummed about there not being an episode this week. Womp, womp. 
  • Loading the player...
  • What are they airing instead? Surely nothing is as important as finding out if Toby is ok.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mariposa_767s I was wondering the same. The only thing I can think of is new coverage for the elections? 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Yea, I’m pretty sure there is a break because of the elections. Le sigh. 

As for Beth’s cousin & Kevin, I just feel like everything is so forced. I’m hoping Sophie comes back. Remind me why they broke up again? Was it the booze?

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Ohhh...ugh I can't wait until these elections are over.  I mean...I hope they go my way, but either way, I won't see any more political ads EVERYWHERE

• @jarethinafrock I can’t remember why they broke up now that you asked. Off to Google.. 🤔
  • Kevin is my least favorite character and I was soooo annoyed at him for ruining Zoe's relaxing hotel night but I do like that he is really passionate about finding out more info on Jack's time in Vietnam and I think it could really change him into being less selfish. I don't mind Zoe and think they are a good fit. I never thought Kevin and Sophie had a lot of chemistry to be honest. 

LOVED Jack's convo with little Randall about the whole brains>brawn/ smile even if you get knocked down thing. Very glad Beth finally confessed that she hasn't been okay because that storyline was unlike them and not my fav.

Actually really liked Kate being in charge and taking care of business. She is spot on that she's always been coddled and dependent, and it was nice to see her grow up a little bit. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• I'm not done this week's episode, but Jack in the car with Rebecca just talking and him barely saying anything reminds me of my husband. It's sweet silence. He's just listening. But I can kind of see the subtle frustration from Rebecca and I totally get it. 
  • peachy13 said:
    Kevin is my least favorite character and I was soooo annoyed at him for ruining Zoe's relaxing hotel night but I do like that he is really passionate about finding out more info on Jack's time in Vietnam and I think it could really change him into being less selfish. I don't mind Zoe and think they are a good fit. I never thought Kevin and Sophie had a lot of chemistry to be honest. 

LOVED Jack's convo with little Randall about the whole brains>brawn/ smile even if you get knocked down thing. Very glad Beth finally confessed that she hasn't been okay because that storyline was unlike them and not my fav.

Actually really liked Kate being in charge and taking care of business. She is spot on that she's always been coddled and dependent, and it was nice to see her grow up a little bit. 
    Yesssss I was getting REALLY over the whole "poor Kate" thing.

• Idk how I feel about the last episode (again lol).  There was a lot in it.  I do wonder if Jack's brother dies on his watch and that's why he feels responsible

• Oh my gosh! I can't believe this episode!!!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes @kbeers13! I don’t even know how to feel.
    *****Spoilers below******

Are they splitting Beth and Randall up? Why? I hate that so much. It would make sense that Becca is “her” bc at the point in the future- 15-20 years fast forward- Becca could be old and ill. But I guess I don’t understand the point- has there been a falling out between Tess and Becca that caused this dramatic turn? 

The part of about Nicky though kind of pissed me off. Like how are they going to explain this one? If it’s not done the right way, it could really screw up the show. As one blog I read wrote “this could be their Fonzie jumping the shark” episode. I really hope not bc last season how they handled the fire was so good. I just hope Nicky’s “death” is handled that well too.
  • Spoilers here too...

I'm going to be really irritated if Nicky is alive.  The whole show is partly based on Jack's heartbreak and how it developed him into who he was...which is also how his family is the way they are.  If he's alive, then it all feels like a huge lie and Nicky is a sack of sh!t.  After all those years, he didn't get over it and reach out?  No one tried to find him if he wasn't listed as KIA or MIA?  I'll be interested to see how this plays out...but, right now, I'm feeling like Nicky is a sack of sh!t.  And he didn't even change his name?!  Unless somehow this is a "middle" time line where he died later and Jack felt responsible...and then never talked about it.  But idk...that feels like a stretch.

• Spoilers**

I feel like they split because it starts a cycle of resentment. His word meant everything to Beth and if he doesn't have that, he's not much. He lied about how well she was doing and now lied about actually pulling out of the race. Slippery slope there!

I don't like that Nicky is alive and in PA and no one knows him. In an explosion like Nickys sounded like in water, Jack might not find an actual body to recognize. With how messed up he was in the head, Nicky could have strapped a VC to the boat and blown it up so Superman bro and the military wouldn't go looking for him. Then he wouldn't have to complete the mission of going home to a drunk dad, and having been saved by his older bro like always.... Having to face the world feeling like he couldn't do anything properly on his own. 
  • I wondered if Rebecca has Alzheimer's or some other form of dementia in the future.  It can be hard to visit someone who doesn't remember you.  It does seem like Randall and Beth are no longer together, but going together with an old favorite game could help jog Rebecca's memory.  

Also, I never like Nicky.  I am curious to see where this storyline goes though.
  • @fatmonica Oooo! You are so smart to think of the dementia/alzheimer's. That's something I would have never thought of but makes perfect sense!
  • I’m finally jumping on this board because I’ve just watched the last three episodes...

I could barely breathe at the end of the last episode. I’m HOPING that Beth and Randall are still together. I’m thinking they were just doing different things during that moment... Beth seemed like she was working and was going to meet them there. If they really weren’t together for that many years, would she be going to visit Rebecca with them? 

As for Nicky - WHAT THE HELL?! My heart would break for Jack if he is alive. And if he is alive, does Rebecca know? (That’s something I saw as a “fan theory”). Who’s sending him letters?! 

I cried when Tess told her parents she was into girls. I know it’s only a show, but she had to be so brave to do that. And then to have amazing parents who react in a way that made her feel loved. I know that is not the case every time someone comes out to their parents... 

How are are we supposed to wait so long for the next episode?