March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 11/12-11/18

I know we have at least one AD military in our midst and a few whose SO’s are military. Thank you for the sacrifices you make for our freedom and safety.
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms 11/12-11/18

• Options
    my random is that i bought organic grapes this weekend to try and be more health conscious and i'm mad bc they are more dirty the the regular ones and its grossing me out LOL. i understand the reasoning behind that...but i will probably stick to conventional fruit from now on. 
  • Options
    I'm not mentally ready for it to be the middle of November already. Feels like Halloween was just yesterday! I may end up leaving those Halloween decorations out until December 1 when I start switching over to Christmas. I don't feel like removing/adding decorations twice in the next couple weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mayoduck I am mentally ready for it to be Christmas. Not because it's Christmas, but this year I need that break! I'm already kicking myself for not taking all of next week off. I'm already over this week!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @novelblessings I'm looking forward to the holidays for sure; I just don't want it all to go by too quickly!!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2018
    I just need to share this gem from the breastfeeding board:

Good afternoon, I was told to not let my baby burp on my breast while breastfeeding, it can cause cancer. I'm not sure how true this is and I would like to be aware, and if it's probably true how can I get him off to burp, I can't not know when he's about to do so.
  • Options
    @meggyme uhhhh......breast cancer or baby cancer? Wow.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @meggyme I just.. I mean... how is that even a thing someone could have heard? Yikes.
  • Options
    @novelblessings idk, but ether way... how? And who would tell you that and why did you believe them?
  • Options
    Wowzers. I’m just shell shocked reading that! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    😂 oh goodness. People can be so dumb. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!!! Lol thanks for that! 
  • Options
    A few other BMBs do “Ask a STM+” thread - would anyone want to do one, or is the questions thread sufficient?
  • Options
    I like that idea @lelkcot

• Options
    @lelkcot My hesitation with that is that it's already hard enough (imo) to keep on top of the questions when they are lumped in one generic thread. Adding regular "Ask a STM" threads would increase the number of places to look to see if a question you have has already been asked. I'd prefer to see more topic-oriented threads.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2018
    I could get behind a Ask a STM about... and then a topic like delivery, recovery, NICU, taking care of a newborn... but otherwise I agree that the questions thread kind of covers it.
  • Options
    My company holiday potluck involved catered Indian food and I seriously indulged, it was so worth it!
  • Options
    @lelkcot Same. As I think @meggyme mentioned in another thread, I'm going to need to be rolled out. Ours was a traditional Thanksgiving spread. Being in the south, it was a lot of comfort food. My coworker was even sweet enough to make a gluten free dressing/stuffing. I am shamelessly going to take leftovers home for dinner.
  • Options
    Who all is hosting Thanksgiving for your families?

• Options
    @bdesterhouse we rotate thanksgiving between my family and my husbands. This year is my family - hosted by my sister.
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse this will be our third Friendsgiving. We’re across the country from family (besides BIL and his GF) so we host any stray military folks staying in town. This year will include some French foreign exchange pilots for their second Thanksgiving and a friend and her son whose DH is deployed. We’re looking at possibly 14 people total!
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse We switch between MH's family and mine, who live out of state. This year we are going to my parents.
  • Options
    We are going to 2 thanksgivings. IL's hosting one and my mom is hosting another. We also were invited to a friendsgiving this year. Its a first for me, but its on Sunday so we'll go to that one as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse My aunt (mom's sister, also my Godmother) hosts. Every other year we alternate holidays. It's either a home or away holiday. So home Thanksgiving means away Christmas, and away Thanksgiving means home Christmas. It's a home Thanksgiving this year, and away Christmas. My aunt usually hosts Christmas as well, but, since she was visiting in-laws, my mom hosted it.
  • Options
    Not hosting, but going to 3 Thanksgivings this year! (Every year, really.) In-laws, my extended family, and my immediate family. 
  • Options
    We are also doing 2 Thanksgivings this year, my husband's uncle and SIL's. Unsure if we'll make to the one's our friend's invited us too. By that time I figure it'll be time for a nap! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    We always go to Thanksgiving at DH's aunt & uncle's house and in past years if my BIL and his wife weren't there my MIL would have a Thanksgiving for our family the Saturday after. Well apparently they're coming this year AND we're doing Thanksgiving Saturday, too. I'm all about food but if I'm being completely honest I just don't want that much time with my BIL & SIL.
  • Options
    Bravo to you ladies doing multiple Thanksgiving. I don't have enough self control and/or stomach capacity for that. And I don't like Thanksgiving food enough to do it multiple times in a row.
  • Options
    Kudos to those who do multiple thanksgiving. This is the first thanksgiving since my folks split up, and we are hosting bc I refuse to run all over town. @meggyme  I have friends in ABQ and they do a lot of friends holidays when they can’t come home. It’s nice of you to welcome so many into your house for the holiday. It reminds us how awesome some of our military families are. 

(Meant to send this last night)

• Options
    We are going to be starting our move the day of Thanksgiving, and will be stopping in Sedona, AZ for a few days and will do Thanksgiving dinner there. There are a few local restaurants that will be open, so we have reservations. I like that they have alternatives to the traditional turkey/ham and stuffing - I absolutely love Thanksgiving for the family aspect, but am not crazy about the traditional food. I mean I like sweet potatoes but the minute you add marshmallows or sugar to them I want to vomit! If we're home I'll make fall-y alternatives, like butternut squash risotto or a brussels sprouts quinoa salad. And a homemade pumpkin pie from scratch in a graham cracker crust - amazing!
  • Options
    @babycolima12 sweet potato fan here too but I can't stand when they are loaded up with butter and brown sugar. It's so unnecessary! I enjoy a dash of cinnamon on mine but can eat them plain as well.
  • Options
    @babycolima12 Hope your move goes well! I'm jealous of you having Thanksgiving dining out! Nothing else just for not having to clean up! lol And the extra options you get! I agree with everyone not wanting multiple stops. MH is one of 6 kids, I'm an only child and while I love the big family thing...it can be a long day! Really wish it was had we can stay in out PJ"s all day and eat!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    We do 2 stops during holidays where we stay local. DH's parents are divorced and remarried so one set usually hosts a holiday lunch (because all the kids have multiple stops to make) and the other hosts a holiday dinner. Makes me glad my family is a 2.5 hour drive away so we don't feel obligated to make 3 stops. When we go to my parents', it's usually for a multi-day stay and we don't go anywhere else.
  • Options
    Props to all of you with multiple stops. We have my moms on Sunday which isn’t traditional thanksgiving food and my in-laws on Thursday. I’m excited about getting together with family and yes I’m a Black Friday shopper so I’m excited about that (but we don’t go until Friday -no Thursday shopping for us unless it’s online). 

It’s kind of nice for me to read that so many people struggle as well with all the multiple stops on the holidays. DH grew up doing 3 Christmas’s on Christmas Day (they got up before 5AM to get it all in). I have been very vocal throughout our marriage that I won’t be participating in anything that extreme. I grew up doing 1 and people (grandparents) came to visit during the day we mainly stayed in our PJs and played with our new toys. We visited other family throughout the week. 
  • Options
    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but is also the busiest: 1.) "dinner" at my Grandpa's early afternoon (Dad's family), 2.) visit with my great-grandma for post-turkey coffee and great conversation, 3.) another dinner at my Aunt's (Mom's family); then on Friday we typically visit MH's aunts and their five dogs for more food. Haha. 

While it's chaotic, it's so good to see family. We live 5-6 hours from everyone. For Christmas, however, we do not travel at all and it's typically just the two of us - soon to be three! So we can handle one crazy holiday a year.
  • Options
    Super jealous of those who have all week off of work. I only have to work tomorrow and Tuesday, but I am so ready for a few days off!