February 2019 Moms
Options

Ask a STM week of Nov. 12

FTMs asking STMs questions.

Re: Ask a STM week of Nov. 12

• Options
    Did your feet grow? I need new boots but don't want to buy them if they won't fit next year
  • Options
    @ksdelong20 Yes, I used to be a 10, now I'm a solid 11. My cowboy boots are then only shoes that still fit me. However, I wouldn't get anything remotely tight on your ankles in case you swell while wearing them. I've heard horror stories of people cutting their boots off. I've already gotten a pair of 12's for this winter just in case me feet swell or grow again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes mine grew too. I was like a 7 1/2-8 now I’m more like a 9
  • Options
    Yep! Started at an 8 to an 8.5 depending on the brand/style. I’m now at a 9 to 9.5 depending on brand and style. 
  • Options
    Mine have never grown. I always attributed it to already having wide feet. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Any postpartum belly wrap recommendations? 
  • Options
    I’m with @lzzfrancisco my feet went from 10 to 11 too. Team BigFoot. Also agree with not having the instant bond. Being exhausted doesn’t help. 
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    Thank gawd my feet did not grow permanently because I already wear an 11!  They did swell however really reducing what shoes I could wear in the last months.  

@kayjay44- Second That on nursing.  It was very challenging for me and never just was fine and easy, even after months, because I always had to supplement with formula, was always pumping and trying to get my supply up in vain. I’m literally dreading it!
  • Options
    Three pregnancies, no feet growth. I’d cry if they did though - I have way too many pairs of Tieks that I’d have to rebuy 😜
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My feet grew, used to be a 9, now a 10 and my size 10s are even feeling small  :( I desperately need to clean out all my shoes that don’t fit anymore 
  • Options
    Mine grew a tiny bit (I used to be 7-7.5, now I'm 7.5-8), but I always buy a few pairs in a half size bigger (so 8-8.5, depending on what socks I want to wear) when pregnant because of the swelling.
  • Options
    I’ll die if my feet change sizes permanently. I had to replace almost all of my shoes a couple years ago due to a mold issue. I do NOT want to do that again.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    lzzfranciscolzzfrancisco member
    edited November 2018
    @madreofdragons and @sjnsjnsjn But I almost never fall down! :) 
  • Options
    @nataliezbrungart I got a post-partum wrap from the hospital after my second and it was just too uncomfortable to keep wearing. They help more for c-sections, and if your doctor recommends one I would definitely try harder to wear it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    3rd time mom here - anyone else have choleostatis with any of your pregnancies? Specifically, did you get it with one pregnancy but not the next? I didn't have it the first time, had it with the second and am hoping I don't get it again but am being told by my Dr that I should expect to get it again. Just curious.
  • Options
    @kayjay44 I had a baby gate for maybe like a month before I got pissed with it and junked it lol.  Didn’t fit my kitchen door anyway .
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nataliezbrungart- I bought one - a belly bandit. Wore it maybe a few days and found it restrictive and uncomfortable while endlessly sitting on the couch, nursing and holding my newbie, and I pretty swiftly ditched it. For me it was a waste of $40, and frankly, my biz went back to normal pretty much by itself.  I did not have a C though.
  • Options
    I have used a belly bandit after each c/s and have one for this time too. Loved it because I could cough, sneeze, etc without feeling like my incision was going to pop.
  • Options
    I used one that the hospital gave me and it was great for that extra support post c section. It really made my incision less painful when doing certain things like coughing, laughing etc. Once I was pretty healed up I didn’t use it as often anymore though. 
  • Options
    My feet didn’t grow with my first pregnancy. 

I agree with @ginger1228 about not binding right away. I was that way through pregnancy as well. I just never felt super connected. It took me a few weeks-month to really start to feel a connection and be like “okay, this little human is mine and so sweet”. It’s okay to just be in survival mode. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I didn't get a belly binder exactly, but I got some compression leggings (these: https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/belly-bandit-mother-tucker-compression-leggings/3669880?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/Women/Clothing/Maternity Clothing&color=black) that I wore a TON. I didn't have a c-section, but it did help with the weird mashed potato belly/floating organ feeling.
  • Options
    I used compression leggings too and nursing tops that had some compression built in. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I always wore a tighter nursing tank top that helped hold things in but I might try a belly band this time, esp because I can’t see myself not picking up DD even though she is a giant 2 year old she’s pretty needy
  • Options
    Did your feet grow? I need new boots but don't want to buy them if they won't fit next year
    Yes!! My feet grew a whole size and then after baby went down half of a size. So now I'm a half of a size larger than prepregnancy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy, 4th baby. First babies were twins that I carried to 38+ weeks. Youngest was almost 9 lbs. And with neither of those do I remember feeling like my pelvis split and the bones were rubbing together when I walk. Or that the head of my femur bone was going to pop out if it's socket. WTH is this?? I feel like I'm falling apart below the waist!
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 - With my first, I didn't have this until the very end. With my second, it was like 34 weeks. This time, TWENTY FOUR weeks.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @bellebaby221 - I also had that with my first (toward the end like @kayjay44)and already been feeling it with the second for a while. I’m sorry to say it only gets worse. I know this sounds dramatic, but with my first I had to use a walker to get up from the couch bc it hurt SO bad. Needed the weight off my lower half when getting up, so I used the walker to pull up. 
  • Options
    kayjay44kayjay44 member
    edited November 2018
    @ginger1228 - I'm just glad we have a high bed - I wouldn't be able to get out of the low one in the guest room. A ball chair at work is already helping. I also sleep with something between my legs to keep my hips inline. I'm hoping that these new tank tops with support will help (Blanqi - they're having a sale right now) so I don't have to resort to a support belt (which looks weird) or PT (which I don't have time for).

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @kayjay44 - Hope it gets better! If not, I’ll see if I have a spare walker I can send ;)
  • Options
    Anyone have any recommendations for good books that help you with what to do once baby arrives? The articles on TB and books on pregnancy have been very helpful throughout my pregnancy and I'd like to find a book or two that will help get me prepared and be informed once the baby comes! Basically looking for an instruction manual for taking care of a baby :D
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    @eliseirene31613- I liked Baby 411 before I had my DS (and when he was a newbie). A good reference for all kinds of things.
  • Options
    @eliseirene31613 - Honestly, we used google and I never actually opened any book (until my kids got older and needed to be sleep trained (maybe 4 months) and dealing with parenting a toddler (at like 2-3 years).

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @kayjay44 that makes me feel better. I feel a little guilty for not having read any preg or child related books at all. Got as far as downloading What to Expect on my Kindle and... that’s it :#
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso- I was not a fan of what to expect. Wordy and weird.
  • Options
    I didn’t read any books either. Just kind of winging this parenting thing. 

Honestly it’s pretty true what they say - you figure it out as you go. Some stuff (like sleep training or whatever) might be good to read different methods. Although I did rely on my BMB for some things/opinions - so we’ll be here to help too. :)
  • Options
    There is also so much out there on Pinterest if you’re into reading blogs! 
  • Options
    @grebretso - I don't have time to read and since I basically read for work, it's not what I want to do with my spare time (I listen to audiobooks and do read some fiction for pleasure). It's quicker to just google stuff and I don't have more things cluttering up my home. And my kids would just get into and destroy the books anyway,

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016