January 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Series: Baby Toiletries (Creams, Ointments, Medical Supplies, Body Products, etc.)

2»

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Baby Toiletries (Creams, Ointments, Medical Supplies, Body Products, etc.)

• Options
    @dragonette505 two consecutive washes. If you haven't already, I'd really recommend checking out Fluff Love University. The amount of info can be overwhelming but it has suggestions for just about every laundry scenario - soft/hard water, detergents, wash routines, even what cycles to use on different models of washing machines. It's been really helpful, IMO.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    tosh24 said:
    @dragonette505 two consecutive washes. If you haven't already, I'd really recommend checking out Fluff Love University. The amount of info can be overwhelming but it has suggestions for just about every laundry scenario - soft/hard water, detergents, wash routines, even what cycles to use on different models of washing machines. It's been really helpful, IMO.
    Ive pretty much looked at a bunch of those sites, but i love hearing in a practical sense what ppl are doing that works.... I feel like, yes those websites may have perfect info, but i guess the whole point of us all sharing on here is i get to hear from ppl i actually interact with, what their experience is (and of course i will take it all into account and ultimately do what works for me ) :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m about to cloth diaper for my third. I would say to use a conventional detergent but get a free and clear version. A lot of those can still be very effective/highly rated. I’m using Kirkland brand green detergent this go around. I have used tide and tide natural in the past. I just prefer the Kirkland brand right now because I can buy it in bulk and it’s cheaper per load. If I start to have any issues I will grab some original tide and just use that for the diapers. With soon to be 5 people in our house I go through a lot of detergent. If you want to avoid the fragrance additives, look for a highly recommended Free & clear in my experience. There is a huge different in the all natural laundry “soaps” vs traditional detergent when it comes to getting urine and waste from the diapers. You need a detergent 100%. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I cloth diapered with DD and plan to for this one as well. We used tide original powder detergent. We would spray all poop and then wash every few days. We just got a new washer so I have to figure things out with washing again but in the past I would pre-wash in cold water, then put in the detergent and wash in hot water. I would line dry everything. Once you set up a process it’s really easy but can be intimidating at first! 
  • Options
    @dragonette505 yup two consecutive washes! I do like 3 of tide liquid in the first wash and a full cup on the second wash (normal wash for the first, heavy wash for the second). It’s worked really well. I agree with @beachmama14 that if a more natural detergent is important to you to go for a free and clear version of a reccomended detergent from fluff love. I think I see the most people in my online groups quit cloth diapering from improper washing routines!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @galactickates I just hit my registry completion date today, and my cart is insane!!  We did just have two baby showers at work this week, so that money we got will be immediately spent.  My goal for the long weekend is to sort and organize what we already have and get it put away so we can figure out what we still need and add anything to this order before I place it. Apparently the amazon one you can only use twice, up to $2k total. I’m at about $700 right now, so going to see what we think we still need and hold off using it again until probably after baby is born when we figure out what else we didn’t realize we needed. So much from this thread going on there!
  • Options
    @cait32 ah! It’s so tough to decide. I will 100% admit that disposables are easier. Sometimes when we have DD in them for an extended time (like for example we had flooding issues caused by our plumbing so I had to limit washing laundry) sometimes it’s hard to go back. But then I look at her cute little CD butt and see how much less irritation she has and remember why I love it. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19