April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 10/29

124»

Re: Randoms w/o 10/29

• lol @lyse01 sounds like something my MIL would say too. she loves to tell me what I can and cannot do when pregnant. 

• I am in line at Starbucks. I am at this Starbucks every Friday. The line is beyond massive. I hate people. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Bringmemylongswordho I’m in Starbucks and I’m 75% sure they are going to mess up my very uncomplicated drink order. Sometimes I hate that they constantly change their menu, especially when I want to order something from an older menu that newbs that haven’t heard of. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wish there was a starbucks on my way to work! I've been living off drip coffee since I found out I was pregnant. I have an espresso machine but I stopped using it since the caffeine content is much higher in my homemade lattes.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Aww that’s sweet! And happy early birthday @thatbaintforbetty

• @thatbaintforbetty that’s so sweet.  Happy early birthday!
    @sheknows6 it is? I’ve been having homemade lattes every morning 😬
  • Happy early birthday @thatbaintforbetty.  How thoughtful of your coworkers!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @fuzzywombat it can, it really depends on the grind, press volume, and how much you're making though. It can vary so widely that I felt safer switching to drip which has a pretty standard content since it's brewed the same way every time.

• Happy early birthday, @thatbaintforbetty!

Just looked up the brand new ring sling I got for $35 bucks and it retails for $100.  Woot for consignment mom/kid sales!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you! @kangstadt

Also i had some odd sensations above my belly button where i know my uterus hasn't reached yet yesterday on the drive home and it was tripping me out till i realized that my organs have moved up and are getting squished and i'm probably feeling all sorts of digestion things i couldn't feel before or usually felt a lot lower. They are not nearly as fun to feel as the baby.

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @sheknows6 that makes sense. I figure that as long as its my only source of caffeine I should be within the recommendation. My husband putting a latte in my hands first thing in the morning makes life worth living. 
    That’s super exciting @kangstadt! I was hoping to feel some movement during my quick ultrasound this morning, but no dice. 
    In other news, the phlebotomist informed me that I’ll get less sleep once I’m a parent. I had no idea!
  • @kangstadt Totally agree. I take it easy with repetitive lifting 50+lbs, but I'm doing almost all the same things I did before. I'm trying to remind everyone that the 3rd trimester is when I really need help lifting since falls or lifting stress can cause harm or early labor. 2nd tri is a lot safer!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • I just felt a kick after eating too much chocolate, and now I’m questioning if the “flutters” I had felt before were baby or not. I’m thinking they were mostly intestines. 
  • @lilpotatomama Either that or babe is having a sugar rush :D 

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @thatbaintforbetty happy early birthday! So fun that your coworkers decorated for you. They must really like you. 

I spent literally the entire day (9:30-4pm) interviewing job applicants for a position in our department. They were all amazing - but I feel completely exhausted now, even though I spent all day sitting on my ass. I just let my kid have a fast food burger and watch TV all night. #momoftheyear
  • Is there anyone in the group who suffers from allergies and has an EpiPen? I’ve never had to use mine (tree but, ragweed and melon allergies) but a couple times in the past year I’ve been exposed to allergens and felt my throat swell just a little (I think). Then I spend the next few hours getting SO anxious that I’m going into anaphylaxis and convincing myself I’m having trouble breathing... I’m pretty sure I’m not actually having breathing trouble but just driving myself crazy. I just wanted to see if anyone had tips for dealing with this 😢 I don’t really want to use my EpiPen for no reason AND spend the $500 copay for the ER just because I’m being ridiculous...
  • I'm making tater tots for my dinner tonight and was so excited to put them in the oven I started singing 'Tots! Tots! Tots! Tots tots tots everybody!' (like the Shots Lil Jon song) hahaha. I totally cracked myself up  :D  B)
    Haha I love it! I did the same thing when I had to take my IVF progesterone shots in the butt for like 10 weeks every day. Made it a little more bearable!
  • @thatbaintforbetty Happy early birthday! Both DH and I are Scorpios too. My bday is Thursday :smile:
  • My belly button was an “innie” this morning. Now it’s an “outie” 
  • I just got sick and I can't take the cold medication I usually use 😭 at least DH is going to make me waffles for breakfast  <3
  • @professormama I have an innie but can also turn my bellybutton inside out, so I'm fearing it will look freaky once my belly actually starts to pop. For now it's still mistakable for belly blubber. 
  • @honey_suckle how can you voluntarily turn your belly button inside out? I’m so curious. Also, I bet it will just look like an outie belly button. That’s what Mine looks like now, and it’s basocally just pushed inside out. 
  • @professormama haha I don't know I guess I learnt how to as a party trick when I was a kid. I just press in all the skin around it and then it pops out lol. Describing it now makes it sound even weirder. 
  • @honey_suckle weirdest party trick I think I’ve ever heard of. 

I was going to take my 4yo son to the movies for the first time ever this morning to see the Nutcracker - then I watched the trailer. Woah. That is not anything like the ballet and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be WAY too scary. 
  • @professormama, haven't seen the trailer, but if it's anything like Black Swan, I believe it, haha.

Two of my coworkers are due within a week of me, and I saw the one today for the first time since we both announced.  It's her first, my second.  One of her first comments to me was "Geez, when are you gonna get a belly?" as she gestured to her own. 

It sucks when people make comments regardless of size (big or small), and it was just said in kind of an envious way that made me feel almost ashamed of having a small bump?  I was in better shape before becoming pregnant than probably any other time of my life (other than before my first pregnancy maybe), so my bump just hasn't really started popping yet.  Some people comment in a congratulatory way, but this was said jealously and it makes me feel like garbage.  Am I supposed to apologize that I was/am in good shape and haven't started showing as much as her?  Gah.  I hate comments like this.  I work my butt off to be in shape and healthy.  It's not like I just press a magic button!

Okay, vent over.  Hopefully this doesn't make me sound too prissy :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt yeah we did not go to the movie. There was no way he was going to enjoy it. Re the bump comment: I used to get comments all the time and I never knew what to say. It’s so awkward. But I also think people are just trying to make conversation? But really, it sucks. There’s nothing you can really say. I bet your bump is really adorable! Maybe your friend was feeling self conscious and just taking it out on you
  • @professormama, yeah, I feel like that's where it was coming from, but then I really don't know what to say.  Her bump is adorable also, and we're all going through the same symptoms and misery, so why does it have to be a comparison?  Sigh.  I feel enormous too, but it's all relative.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Someone forgot to tell my kid about the time change. 
  • @kangstadt I know the feeling. I just don’t bother responding in those situations. Generally the people saying that stuff feel like they’re giving you a compliment and don’t really realize that what they’re saying/ the way they’re saying it could be hurtful or uncomfortable for you.
  • @professormama ugh I hate the time change! My DD was up around 5am this morning. It's terrible! I swear the only people happy about an extra hour are people without children.