January 2019 Moms
Options

Oct- Middle of the night thread

2»

Re: Oct- Middle of the night thread

• Options
    Obviously I'm up with the worst heartburn ever the night before I have a big presentation at 9am (on a Friday... I know, super evil). At least I'm getting lots of sympathetic cuddles from my cats as I sit on the couch in the dark waiting for the tums to kick in.
  • Options
    @molosmiles and @SweetBriarBee how have things been going with yours SOs? My SO and I have been getting along a lot better since the last time I posted. Not that everything is rainbows now but definitely shedding some light st the end of the tunnel for sure. Him and the dog were super sweet this morning. He had his hand on my belly and the dog his paw. Gave me all the feels and made me remember why I do love him so much. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I’m glad things are getting better!  And that is so cute with the belly.

My H does better the more things work out in his favor.  When things are down, he starts in, again. That’s something he knows he needs to work on. Now we’re on to just some minor annoyances.  Last night, I had only been home for a couple hours after driving 5 hours home, and he wanted me to go to work.  It was only a three hour run, but I had just driven 5 hours with 6 kids and was not in the mood for another 3 hour drive. But he likes to say things like, “If you don’t go, we lose $xxxx.” Yeah, well, if I do go, then I lose that amount in sanity.  

And now that we’re on to night, and it’ll be a late one...My 5 year old has strep, again.  A Dr lives down the road from me and he’ll make house calls when needed.  So he came over and tested her, which is nice because it’s a weekend.  It always happens on a weekend. The test came back positive and he said he’ll call her meds in so I can go get them. I waited a couple hours before driving 40 miles to the nearest pharmacy. I got there right as they were closing, and he hadn’t even called it in! So I get to spend another night dealing with her fever, throat, and stomach. I’m trying not to complain, though, because he visits for free, and every other time she’s had strep, she’s ended up in the ER.  

Also, the H finally brought his dog here. She sits outside my window and barks all night long. We have a ton of deer that walk through our neighborhood at all hours of the day, and so she barks.  The bark collar needed a new battery, and I picked that up, today. So I guess that trip wasn’t all for naught. Maybe, once I do go to bed, I’ll get some sleep, sans barking.  
  • Options
    My smoke alarm chirps (only in my bedroom) If the temperature gets below 68*. The apartment maintenance people swear it’s normal so they won’t come for a special trip to change the battery or put in a new smoke alarm. (we have High ceilings so neither of us can reach it ourselves). So now, i Have to have the heat on and my fan off. I either sleep sweating in my bed or uncomfortably in my living room. I feel like I’m going insane!  I know we’ll be up through all hours of the night with baby, but this just seems cruel. 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    @ms_stevens87 I'm glad things are better for you! 

Definitely not better for us. I actually took the girls and stayed at my parents last night. I spent the weekend away with my sister and her friends. One night really, and I get a a bunch of missed calls and texts from him and my older daughter about some blow out they had. I rushed home and just took them. I should probably move this convo to the private group, but let's just say things aren't good 😥
  • Options
    @molosmiles I’ve been there more times than not. I’m not one to fight, either. I just shut down when he goes off. It irritates him that I won’t talk, but honestly, when he’s like that, he won’t listen anyway. I wait until he’s at a point where he’ll listen. Anyway, if you need to vent or talk, we’re here.  I can’t give much advice because I suck at marriage advice, but it is nice to talk to someone that won’t end up telling everyone around you what’s going on.  
  • Options
    @molosmiles @SweetBriarBee I started a thread in the PG so we can talk more freely about all of this. And give others a space to share if they want. 
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I don't even know what that is.   :#
  • Options
    @SweetBriarBee you didn’t migrate over to the private group? Bring your ass over there mama!!
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I don’t even know how! Haha. I do everything from my phone and I can’t see most of what I see when I’m on a computer.  
  • Options
    I joined thru my phone. You have to go back to the main community page. Under the BMBs there’s a tab called groups. Once you click on it you have to scroll down and go to “All popular Groups”. Then search each page for “January 2019 PG”. Once you click to join it will ask for a reason, give whatever one you want and then you should be in like flin. Hope to see you over there. @SweetBriarBee
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I've been working and haven't been able to get on. I got on tonight and it took me 10 minutes to find the link. I swear internet...ing...is getting harder.  :D  That or my brain isn't working.  Maybe it's both. 

• Options
    Getting maternity photos done this Sat and I decided to get professional hair & make up done bc I can’t do it myself (believe me, I tried).

I actually asked if there was any room for negotiation on price to this one team and now I’m unsure if I made the right decision to go ahead and ask. I just thought for my hair length and what I was looking for, the price was a bit steep!!! 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 Good luck- hopefully they'll offer a discount!  If not, have you thought about some place like DryBar for a blowout? There's one in DC and another in Tysons.  I've never used them, but I've heard good things. 

Our pictures were tomorrow at 5.  I was going to schedule a blowout but never got around to it. Turns out it's a good thing I didn't, as we ended up moving our photo appointment up to 1PM to avoid the rain. I went with my fallback plan of drying my hair in a tshirt overnight and praying my curls cooperate lol

• Options
    @AliKay20 why are you unsure of your decision to ask? 
  • Options
    @AshVA yes! I got it done in DC for DD’s maternity shoot but the lady ended up giving me really tight curls and it didn’t end up like how I imagined at all! 

I actually discovered Glam Squad and they’re cheaper than what this team had quoted. They’ll still come to your house except they’re not charging $100 for hair to do what I want - blow out (big loose wavy curls - nothing fancy). 

I am hoping the sky clears up and sun comes up for your photos! I actually thought of rescheduling ours bc yesterday, forecast had rain Saturday morning but it now changed to party sunny. 

@molosmiles I just never negotiated for hair like that and didn’t want to turn them off! Hopefully it wasn’t tacky of me to ask...I have no idea what the norm is and if it’s uncommon that people try to negotiate! 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 Thanks- I'll have to keep them in mind the next time I need to get glammed up for something. The downside to salons nowadays is that it's so uncomfortable to lean back for them to wash my hair. 

• Options
    @AliKay20 glam squad sounds perfect for newborn pics!!  They look like they have early hours and come to your house so you can be telling DH what’s left to be ready to go and feed baby and stuff while they’re there!  I’ve been wondering what do to about that because lord knows I’ll need the help to look presentable at that point. 
  • Options
    It's November, but meh. I woke up at around 2 last night to go to the bathroom, and do you think I could go back to sleep?? My back was throbbing, my husband was snoring... So I got up and walked around a bit to loosen up my hips, filled the dog's water dish, argued with the dog about going outside ( he was sleeping by the door, but apparently didn't want to go outside). Went back to bed and poked my husband several times, but he never noticed... So then the experimentation with various pillow setups began to find something to relieve the hip/back pain. by around 4:30 I'd settled into some weird position and put my pillow over my head to block out the snoring... Then the dog woke us up at six, because he missed the memo about DST. Ahhhh.
  • Options
    @leighbrek I feel you on the dogs not getting the DST memo. Ours were up and barking for breakfast at 6am. :/
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker