April 2019 Moms

Product Spotlight: Pregnancy Products

lyse01lyse01 member
edited October 2018 in April 2019 Moms
The symptoms thread is full of ladies having trouble sleeping and getting uncomfortable. So.

Calling for all advice on body pillows, belly support bands, stretch mark creams, pads to catch pee leakage, and whatever other products make pregnancy more comfortable. Give us pros/cons, price points, and whether it’s worth it used/leftover from last pregnancy.

Want to discuss something else? Recommend it here, or second some recs by loving someone’s post (I’ll try to prioritize): https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12734953/product-spotlights-upcoming-or-requests

All product spotlights can be resurrected at any time for further discussion - type “Product Spotlight” into the search bar at the bottom of the page to find previous threads.

Re: Product Spotlight: Pregnancy Products

• So I used the snoogle mini, link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KJZOWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YP60BbX4C3YGM
    I like the mini because I’m a moderately petite person and I didn’t want to be wrestling with a massive body pillow in bed. It’s the perfect size for me. It’s $42 and the cover is removable for washing. 

Haven’t gotten it out yet for this pregnancy, but I will soon. I also mentioned this once before on another thread how I use the sleep with me podcast to help me get back to sleep once I wake up to pee. 

I just used burts bees body butter with DD. I didn’t even use the mama butter. I’m not convinced there’s enough proof that stretch mark creams work. I just wanted a moisturizer with natural ingredients. I have very minimal stretch marks from that pregnancy. 

Also, Zantac. With DD, my reflux was so bad I had to sleep almost fully upright on a wedge pillow. Zantac helped. This one doesn’t seem to be causing me as much reflux yet. 
  • I have the big u-shaped pillow. I don’t know what brand but I got it off zulily my last pregnancy. I love it so much better than just the body pillow I had my first pregnancy. 

Burts Bees Momma Bee Belly butter is the best imo for itchy skin. I’ve used it for all my pregnancies. I also use Bio Oil that seems to helps minimize the appearance of stretch marks 
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved my snoogle. So did DH. And the dog. Lol. 

I have sensitive skin and do a full body lotion every day, I think I bought the Burts Bees but I don’t think I used more then a handful of times. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • professormamaprofessormama member
    edited November 2018
    I use straight shea butter on my belly. I like to take a bath then lather up. It makes me sticky and greasy for a short time, but it hydrates so much and totally prevents itching (my autocorrect turned itching into bitching... I thought about leaving it, because also accurate). 

i loved my snoogle last pregnancy but haven’t used it yet this time around. So far I’ve been more comfy with just a pillow between my legs. 

• Im still carrying enough leftover skin that I’m no itchy or stretched at all yet.  

+1000 for Zantac. I’m on it all the time and double + when pregnant. My GERD is out of control. 

I love sleep nursing bras once my breasts get heavy. They are so comfy and practical once baby comes. 

as far as while pregnant I like Birkenstock shoes all the time but especially while preggers so comfy and they allow for sore and swollen feet to fluctuate. 

I also use breathe right strips on my nose to help me breathe better when I sleep. It’s a big help. 
  • @kbirchtree big yes to Birkenstock’s!!! Bought them postpartum last time and wished I’d gotten them sooner! Living in them this pregnancy!!!!

@professormama couldn’t agree more love me some Shea butter! Also great on hands or as chapstick. And safe for newborns too! 

I bought the boppy body pillow last time but it didn’t hold up well the stuffing isn’t fluffy and supportive anymore so we shall see what I decide on... I’m pretty disappointed it barely made it through one pregnancy! My have to get a snuggle. 

• Does anyone have good bra recommendations? I just tried a couple new sports bras from amazon - nothing fits right and the lack of support is making the bottoms all red no bueno! I don’t really want to spend hundreds for new bras at Nordstrom but the online or Target options I’ve found aren’t great... interested to hear what others like. Thanks!
  • @rache1990 I don't have any suggestions but I'm looking for the same thing!! I don't know if I just go up a size or look at maternity sports bras. Which ones were you trying?
  • @rache1990 When I find one I'll let you know! Honestly looks like Nordstrom is going to be my only option (at 34H or 36G) that has the fit I like. Are you looking for sports bras specifically or just extra support?
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • I need both! @sheepshepherdess
    and @rennie1108 I used to be a 34 D just tried a 36DD syrokan sports bra and it was way too small 😫 they’re out of control lol
  • I also got a couple of the Lamaze sleep bras in a large from amazon that are comfortable but maybe not enough support. 
  • @rache1990 If you're still below 36H, Bare Necessities has some really nice bras! Still a little pricey though. JCPenney has more reasonable prices and lots of larger sizes (though mostly in sports bras). I've found that they're all different sizes, even when they say they're the same size though! 

I used to be a 34DD so yeah, these are some big changes lol.
  • Oh, as far as pregnancy pillows go, I LOVE my Queen Rose u-shaped body pillow. It comes overstuffed but has a zipper you can use to adjust it. I think it'll become even more useful when I have a giant belly.
  • I’ve gone up all least a cup size, probably more and I’m still fitting in my Knix bra. Though I might buy a size up if they continue to grow. They just came out with a new sports bra that I can’t wait to try and comes in extended sizes. It’s supposed to be amazing. I think I’m going to wait till after pregnancy but definitely going to get one when I know where my size ends up. I never found a nursing bra that fit, I was always spilling out of the few I had and they had no support. I didn’t end up really needing past a couple weeks since I couldn’t BF so it wasn’t a big deal. Not sure what I’ll do this time, might wait till I figure out if BF is going to work out. 

I was a 36DDD pre this pregnancy, and a DD before my last pregnancy. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  I'm just wearing a size large nursing bra from motherhood maternity which I love. Not a ton of support but i don't need it unless I'm working out. My sports bras are too tight. I'm thinking maybe I should just buy a larger size and not worry about maternity sports bras