May 2019 Moms

Subchorionic Hematomas

Re: Subchorionic Hematomas

• @mrskoz428 omg. Thank you for telling me! Often times,  my heart rate is 120 while I'm just laying in bed.  I'll definitely tell my doctor tomorrow.  

• @expandcontract I wouldn’t suspect that to be a problem as our heart rates typically increase some during pregnancy to accommodate the extra blood volume. However, definitely mention it, just in case. Years of nursing school just to change m major paid off some! 😂
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrskoz428 Lol I don't know how people change their majors like that. I know I'm very lucky I always knew what i wanted to do and not everyone has that luxury.  But if i was almost done with my major,  i would have a panic attack thinking about having to start over for a different one.  What did you end up doing,  btw? 

• @expandcontract teaching. Honestly, it was a hard decision because I loved nursing and patient care but I had wanted to be a teacher since 4th grade and changed my mind in middle school when we were told there wouldn’t be any teaching jobs. Took the medical route all through high school, getting my CNA through the district and everything. I was tutoring for some A&P classes and found I was really good at teaching and there was a HUGE teacher shortage in my state, so I changed my major the next day. 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited October 2018
    @expandcontract I don't know if it was activity level or something to actually do with the HR/oxygen. I know in general, we're supposed to be able to workout as long as you can still carry on a conversation (in theory) ETA this is when you are not on modified bed rest. That is definitely for oxygen levels. I *think* my docor was more just trying to give me an idea of what was "too much" activity (leisurely walking vs power walking). Definitely still ask. Sorry to scare you!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @mrskoz428 omg, I'm so sorry! I knew you're a teacher! I swear,  blame it on pregnancy,  low 02, or anything. I think your first major was certainly not a waste,  though.  Nursing or anything medical related will always be useful since we all have bodies.  😉

@kvh22 No,  you didn't scare me. I was actually thinking for a while if I could bring up the tachycardia because it has been making me feel real uncomfortable on top of the SOB. And sometimes,  I can't tell what came first... the SOB or palpitations? So, either way it was informative and helpful!

• @expandcontract oh, heavens, you are so good! I can’t remember anything right now! I’m lucky I still know my name!
  • @expandcontract what time is your appointment? It does seem weird that they aren't doing an ultrasound.

• So, now that my kids know about my pregnancy, of course they all went home and told their parents last night. One came back to me this morning and said, “My mom said you are too early in your pregnancy to have a lifting restriction. Stop lying to us.” I just want to call that parent and be like “Fuck you lady!” So pissed off. Mind your own fucking business and just be happy for me.
  • @mrskoz428 already commented in the post in the other thread but WTF!!!!! Like, congratulations to that lady for never having or knowing anyone with pregnancy complications. Shit happens and it's not always a perfect pregnancy.

• @kvh22 I wanted to post here too since I know you will understand the pain and struggle of having this limitation. It sucks not being able to do things myself! Why would I lie about that.
  • @mrskoz428 I would genuinely send letter to that parent. You don’t want to feel like parents are undermining your authority as a teacher. That’s ridiculous that she would tell her child her teacher is lying. Some people. 
  • @mrskoz428 totally understand the cross-post. I went into more detail on here than I did in the big thread with my frustrations.

Also, what @jkduer said - whatever method is appropriate (perhaps you do email) to communicate with the parents. I don't want to have you spin this out of proportion but she either told that kid you're lying or he extrapolated that from what she said, and either way, it's inappropriate and inaccurate. That parent should have more tact than to 1. say that in front of her child and 2. be insensitive to what any *logical* person would deem an extenuating situation and therefore, likely stressful one, during pregnancy. Something like "Today your child told me I was lying because I have a lifting restriction on my pregnancy. I am dealing with some complications and under the advisement of my doctor, which is really none of his/her or your concern, but this is an inappropriate way for him to be talking about a teacher." Maybe a bit too harsh (perhaps remove the none of his/her or your concern part) since you obviously need to keep it professional, but I think calling someone, especially a teacher, a liar is a pretty big deal and if it stems from the parent, should be addressed to them.

• Hey ladies, 

Just got back from my scan...as I predicted 11 weeks was too early for an NT scan but they said heart rate was good, baby growing well ...got so emotional seeing that wiggly worm. 

Wish they told me the heart rate. They just said it was normal on the report.

So the SCH is over my cervix and not impeding baby's growth. However it is not shrinking or changing since my 8 week scan...so that's kinda like neutral news. Wish I heard it disappeared. 

@mrskoz428 sorry you have to deal with negativity of any sort! We can all use less of that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mrskoz428 WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. EFF? 
    My mouth literally dropped open when I read what the student said to you! 
    What @kvh22 said is true,  we don't know exactly what the mother said and what the child understood.  I think before you write that letter maybe check with the Principal or whomever you would go to in this situation for advice. Clearly,  you don't want to get in trouble got anything yourself.  

@Jess4us Im so glad you had a good appointment ( at least for the most part)!

Im not really sure where to put this...
    I just came back from my OB appointment. 
    First of all,  thankfully, baby is healthy.  She first tried the doppler but couldn't find the heartbeat.  So she brought in this tiny U/S machine called a VScan and it literally fits in your palm.  I'd never seen one before and thought it was cool.  Either way,  was able to see baby.  He was moving around a lot more than last time,  flailing his arms and legs.  (I'm calling the baby a he just cuz my gut says it's a he.)
    She did a pelvic exam and didn't find any fresh blood so that's really good,  too.

But she was very concerned about the asthma.  She's usually very chipper and upbeat but today she was very serious. She recommended I see MFM as soon as possible. She even said that my asthma is the worst she's seen in 15 years.  
    And that based on how things have been going so far, there's the possibility that further down the road I may need to be hospitalized, induced at 34 weeks, or a combination of other things.  Obviously,  there's nothing I can do except continue talking my meds. She just wanted me to see MFM right away and get me prepared mentally of what COULD happen.  
    My blood pressure is also very high for me. My BP is normally on the low side.  
    Basically,  lots to think about and Im feeling quite emotional right now.  
    My appointment with MFM is on Thursday morning, so at least I don't have to wait too long for that.
    Im just seriously hoping and praying that the asthma will get better on its own in the 2nd tri. 
    End rant. Thank you so much for listening.  Like I've said before,  you ladies are my rock. 

• @jess4us if the HR was normal, there's nothing to worry about. I've never had them not tell me so I can't imagine the curiosity not knowing but I always translate in my head when they tell me so I'm like "okay, that's in the high end of normal." And I forget, how big was your SCH at 8 weeks? It's great that it's not growing. At this point, that's really positive news. I was trying to figure out how quickly the gestational sac grows and eventually got 1mm in diameter every day from reading academic articles (which are kind of tough to get through), so 3 weeks is over 2cm difference. Everything I've read says the relative size and if it's growing are the main concerns. Every day our babies (and their gestational sacs) grow and the SCHs don't, our outcomes are better!

@expandcontract So glad you got to see a healthy baby! I'm sorry that the appointment seemed to bring just as much confusion and questions, though. Hoping you get answers and solutions at your MFM appointment, or that - magically - your asthma clears up. Were they able to see the SCH on the ultrasound?

• @expandcontract I’m sure that’s scary to hear. I’m glad your doc is being proactive about it and taking it seriously!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Thank you,  ladies.  @kvh22 I honestly didn't even pay attention to the SCH during the U/S. She had done her whole talk about asthma right before that so I forgot about the SCH and I think she did,  too. 

• @mrskoz428 I probably would have started crying if a student said that to me.  How old are your students?

@expandcontract so sorry you are having to deal with the asthma.  I am glad you are able to get an appt next week. 

AFM - I had a scan today and heart rate was 149 and the SCH disappeared!  I was so relieved.  My next appt is not for another 4 weeks- I think I will be going through appt withdrawal. 
  • @kvh22 that is so insightful, thank you!  My SCH was considered small at 8 weeks (less than 20% of the size of the gestational sac) it was 13mm.  So I guess, relative to the sac it is shrinking (talk about self assuring lol).  I wonder what the implications are for having it over the cervix (besides no hanky panky to aggravate it). Thankfully my libido is way less this pregnancy!

@expandcontract so nervous hearing how asthma can impact pregnancy so I am so glad you are seeing someone soon! I wonder if natural things can help further reduce symptoms....air purifiers? Humidifiers? Oil diffusers? Im shooting in the dark here.

@bpietronicco hooray for a disappearing SCH!
  • @expandcontract sorry to hear your asthma is a concern. Hopefully the MFM can help offer some reassurance. 

@Jess4us glad baby is doing well. Sorry your SCH is hanging around. It is tough being in SCH limbo

@bpietronicco what great news! So happy things are clearing up!
  • @bpietronicco That’s great news!

@Jess4us Glad to hear it hasn’t gotten bigger, I think kvh22 is probably right about relative size being most important. I know it sucks to still be in limbo for awhile, though! Also, at my practice they never tell me the heartbeat numbers (also never told me my HCG numbers). Sometimes I wish they would but basically it’s no big deal.

@expandcontract I’m sorry to hear about the asthma stuff. It sounds scary and stressful! I hope they can help at MFM.
  • I woke up this morning with a bit of brown discharge and then some rust colored bleeding when I went to the bathroom. Super discouraged since I hadn't had anything at all in almost 2 weeks. NT ultrasound tmrw so unless itsi bright red, I'm going to hold tight. I didn't lift my daughter but we were out trick or treating last night and I was really uncomfortable by the end from all the standing (they close down a block that's 4 streets from our place so very little walking but 2+he's total of standing).

• @kvh22 oh no! I hope it's just a little bit of spotting and doesn't amount to anything.  Take it super easy today! Im praying for you. 

• @kvh22 ahhh, rest up momma! Warm bath, warm compress maybe, and just keep your feet up!

My brown discharge I think may have returned. It’s super hard to know. It looks more yellow than anything, I think, but varies from white to yellow to tan. I don’t have an infection and they (OB dept) keep telling me yellow is bad but they can’t find anything wrong. 
  • @mrskoz428 Really interesting about the yellow. I wonder since the SCH wasn't able to be found if it's just the teeny tiniest bit of brown mixed with regular discharge to make it yellow  :/ A warm compress would probably help me feel better but I'm still in the first trimester so I don't think it's recommended. I had to use one for some severe (tear inducing) RLP at 6 months last pregnancy and it was 10 mins on and 20 mins off max at that point. Maybe I'm just overly cautious.

But yes, feet up the rest of the day. I'll ask DH to get takeout if he doesn't want to cook. but I literally don't have to go anywhere else today now that I got DD to daycare.

• @kvh22 I haven’t seen anything about trimester specific use of warm compresses. I have a rice bag and I only make it warm rather than hot and will keep it on for 10 minutes, then take it off. I don’t use it right on baby but will use it close to that area. 

Also, that’s what I’m think about the yellow, too. Like, it definitely LOOKS yellow but it’s not an infection, which what yellow typically means. It’s been that way for about 2 weeks now, after the complete lack of any color that one weekend.
  • @mrskoz428 After my brown spotting stopped it turned yellow. After digging around on the internet for a while I found several
    posts saying this is what happens when the blood is dissolving after a resolved sch. Something about the absence of fibrinogen. Mine has been yellow with occasional brown flecks for 2 weeks now and no one seems concerned. I made them swab me for infection and it came up negative. Hopefully it goes away for both of us! The yellow is off putting. 
  • @jkduer that’s good to hear! Clearly I hadn’t done enough digging! It’s just been a long time with rainbow discharge that I’m ready to feel normal again!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited November 2018
    SCH is still there but not growing and the MFM doc was optimistic about it. I'll chat with my OB at my appointment on Monday but the little one was all good and I'm just so relieved and much more positive on this pregnancy, now.

• Jess4usJess4us member
    edited November 2018
    @kvh22 I'm sooo happy to hear that!   I was told the same thing (my SCH was 13mm and has stayed the same) but since it is over my cervix they said I may have more brown blood.

Best wishes for a healthy 9 months!
  • @kvh22 @Jess4us so glad that there is no growth. I think neutral news is good news! Keep resting up, ladies!

After meeting with my midwife yesterday, she said the yellow is definitely just teeny tiny amounts of old blood mixing in. She agreed that it had resolved and that the yellowy discharge was nothing to worry about. I forgot to ask if I could come off of pelvic rest but I’m sure that I’m safe since it was not detected. I’m sure DH will be happy about that!
  • So happy to hear all the good news! It is really reassuring. I still have almost 2 weeks Until I get to check on baby and the SCH and all the time between definitely has my anxiety up. Also going anywhere with a 2 year old when you can’t lift him basically makes you look like the worst mom ever who can’t control her kids and it has been really weighing on me. 
  • @Stormiewinter you are an amazing momma! Don’t let this get you down, as far as not being able to lift/“control”/console your DC. I can only imagine how difficult it is, but you are rocking it! 
  • @Stormiewinter can you put him in a stroller?? 
  • @Stormiewinter you bring up a really good point! Im realizing shit that I used to judge women for in my teens and twenties and I feel awful. You just don't know what it's like until you're in their shoes.  I hope I never spoke out about my judgements.  Yikes!

• Thanks ladies! Today was a very frustrating day. Dh works so much this time of year that I am basically managing the boys and the house 7 days a week wake up to bedtime. Between having to leave 20 extra minutes so ds2 can climb in and out of the car and then running errands and going to activities where ds2 runs all over the place, and gets into trouble, i am feeling drained. We do have an umbrella stroller that I have used, but it’s the times where it’s not possible or practical for him to be in it. So looking forward to having dh back  in our lives soon.