March 2019 Moms
Options

Anatomy scan

I had my 18 week checkup this morning and everything looks great! Harper has a heartbeat of 143 bpm 💓 and the doctor wasn’t concerned with my weight so yay lol. I got blood work done and the lab slip for my anatomy scan. He said I should schedule it for late next week but the doctor I had last time told me to wait until I was 20 weeks. Does it matter? When did you guys have yours? 
Thank you! 

Re: Anatomy scan

• Options
    I'm having mine at 18+1 this coming Monday. I've read 18-22 weeks is the usual time frame. For my 1st, the scan was the 20th week.

Also, this may be best suited for the Question? Need help? ***POST HERE*** thread pinned at the top of the group.
  • Options
    Okay thank you! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine at 18 weeks and I have to redo it next week. I would wait. The ultrasound tech had a hard time seeing all 4 chambers of the heart and organs because the baby was too wiggly and it was too early.  The ultrasound tech told me 20 to 22 weeks is better because the baby is bigger and won't move around as much.   

• Options
    I just had my 20 week scan on Friday and because my lil guy was sitting breech and curled up on one side, they couldn't get any good images of his heart, they tried to have me wiggle and poke at him to get him to move into better view, but he was being stubborn, despite wiggling, just not in the desired direction. Haha! My sister was born with a heart defect, so making sure his heart is ok has been a source of anxiety for me and now I have to wait until 24 weeks to get another scan to make sure all is well. Every scan I get, I'm such a nervous wreck because I just want everything to be a-okay. This is my second boy and there's a ten-year age gap with my first, but, so far, so good. The nurse assured me that if the doctor had seen any concerns with what images they had, he would have come in for further imaging on his own. Now I just have to try and relax for another month. I didn't have my anatomy scan with my 10 year old until he was 28 weeks. So it's nice to know this early that everything seems to be ok. Reading you ladies post is also very reassuring, knowing that baby doesn't always cooperate with positions and that further scans are sometimes needed. :) xoxo
  • Options
    @atomkat82 I can totally relate to ultrasound anxiety. I am a wreck every time. Now that I have to have a few more for a potential problem we are monitoring I know it will be even worse. 

I hope baby boy cooperates next time and you get the good news that his heart is healthy. 
  • Options
    I had my anatomy scan at 18+5, but I was told to schedule anytime between 18-20 weeks. I think I had my ultrasound for DS at 18 weeks too. No issues with either scan regarding ability to see what needed to be seen.
  • Options
    I just had mine this past week (20 weeks), and they seemed pretty insistent on seeing me that week. They were able to see most of what they needed, but baby was curled up with her chin near her chest, feet in front of her face, so they couldn’t get a super clear view of her heart or facial structure. I have to go back for another scan at 24 weeks, but everything that was visible looked good, which was great to hear. 
  • Options
    Mine is today and I'm 19 weeks exactly. I was told 18-22.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Mine is Thursday at 20 weeks exactly!  My office says anytime between week 18 & 22 is fine for the scan, but the receptionist said she tries to schedule everyone as close to 20 weeks as possible.  I had mine at 20+1 with DD.
  • Options
    i'm having my anatomy scan on Thursday and I will be 20w4d. I know last time my doc set up it around the same time, normally close to 20w as possible. 
  • Options
    I had my scan at 18 weeks, which was a bit early but i had to schedule it then because of work travel. They couldn't get clear enough photos of her heart or spine so I have to go back at 22 weeks. The tech said she didn't see anything concerning, though, so I'm not too worried. I was really anxious before the first one, though.
  • Options
    Update: has my scan this morning at exactly 19 wks and while it did take a lot longer 1.5hrs, they got everything they needed.  Everything was very clear, little fish as I call her was being stubborn!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers