January 2019 Moms

My SO is awesome because...

libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
edited July 2018 in January 2019 Moms
With all our hormones and going through the difficulties of pregnancy, it can be easy to get fed-up with our SO. I thought we could use a part 2 to this thread to help us remind ourselves how awesome our SOs really are.

Re: My SO is awesome because...

• My husband is amazing because he took on the majority of the kid issues this weekend so I could enjoy the extra time with my family at my cousin’s wedding. Especially when DS was having a meltdown over not being able to have a Shirley Temple to drink. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • He totally cleaned the house yesterday while I was at a baby shower, since we had people coming over that night to hang out.

Lately I've been needing extra time to study for my state licensing exam and he's been keeping DD busy so I can have study time to myself. He's even been doing extra tasks so I can focus. THANK YOU, HUSBAND!

He's been doing extra things (touching me or giving compliments) so I can see that he still finds me attractive even though I'm obviously pregnant and gaining weight. Thanks!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Great topic :) My hubby is awesome because he truly embraces having equal parenting responsibilities and is even taking on extra to encourage me to rest or be able to eat in peace while pregnant.
  • My hubby is awesome because he has really stepped up and helped take care of our 3 kids when I have been too tired, nauseous, etc. We have a newly adopted teenage son, my bio son (from my 1st Marriage) and our daughter who's adoption is in the final stages. We are also emergency foster parents so our door is always revolving at odd hours of the day/night. 
    I'm also a full time student in college, he works full time and I work part time  
    I definitely couldn't do it all without him!!
  • @klj62212 your whole family is awesome!!
  • Tonight DH saw how frazzled I was when he got home, and told me to go take a break while he cleaned the kitchen and got dinner going for the kids. 
  • @al_vy hooters is making my mouth water right now. 

My husband brought me home Panda Express last night. But that was after he went to his fantasy football draft and left me to deal w the cable installer and the baby and three dogs. So he might not have redeemed himself fully yet. 
  • DH is awesome because he cooks dinner (to the best of his ability lol) when I have late tutoring sessions. He also does a lot of the heavy housework when I’m not able to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @klj62212 that is amazing!!!! Everyone keeps telling me Target and Gap but every time I have gone to Destination Maternity I have found amazing deals and tons of coupons.
  • DH prepped lunch for both of us for the week and last night he handled the kids so I could take a bath and relax. 
    Today he worked from home so he could be with me at the hospital. He’s a sweetheart.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • awww <3 mine help me put laundry away last night and cooked his own lunch stuff (in the crock pot). Sometimes they're great :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• My wife gives me leg massages every night with magnesium oil for my jittery, restless legs. It's wonderful!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• DH cooked chili on Sunday for me to have for the week for lunches. He checked that it wasn't spicy because everything he makes is spicy and it tastes normal to him. Also, he works nights so we don't see each other during the week but sometimes I wake him up before I leave by putting my bump right in front of him. He always opens his eyes and says happily "Hi, Baby" or rubs it and goes back to sleep. He doesn't ever complain about me waking him up for no reason <3
  • SO managed to find his way into my pregnancy pillow last night :joy: sometimes he moves it a tiny bit so we can actually spoon/make contact, but I woke up and he was fully in between me and the other side! Lol as much as it was a literal pain in my hip, it was adorable. I'd like to think the urge to snuggle was really that strong, but realistically I think it's the pillow. He loves it lol