November 2018 Moms
Options

Team green turned team pink and blue

I posted on Facebook a few days ago but forgot to post it here. I’m sorry.

The twins have arrived!!!! Sorry about the delayed post...I have terrible internet in the hospital.

I was scheduled c-section vs induction for the twins yesterday 10/25. When we arrived to L&D at 5am they did an ultrasound that showed baby A was breech so they took me for the c-section. 

At 8:33 baby A was born (team green turned blue) and at 8:35 baby B was born (team green turned pink). Both babies weighed 5lbs 6oz and were 17in long.  We settled on names today: Kaiden Esau and Zara Lynn.  

Breast feeding has gone pretty well so far which is a relief considering I was preterm. However, Zara hasn’t been maintaining her glucose levels so she has to have formula supplementation for the extra sugar and constant heal sticks; if she’s not doing better by tomorrow she’ll be moved to the NICU. Fingers crossed that tonight goes well.

As for the c-section...I just can’t fathom why people elect to do these without a medical reason. They are kind of terrifying and the recovery is painful. Thank goodness my husband is staying with me in the hospital....he is on diaper and swaddling duty. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Team green turned team pink and blue

• Options
    Congrats!!! Love that team green turned both pink and blue! 
  • Options
    Congrats! I've been thinking about you. I'm glad things went smoothly. Make sure you are moving as much as possible. I know it hurts, but it helps somuch. I promise. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats to you! Seems like just yesterday we were together on the IUI bump board and now you've got not one but TWO little ones... so happy for you! 
  • Options
    I’m so very happy for you!! It‘s way cool that babies weighed and measured exactly the same. How is Zara doing now? Congratulations!