Adoption
Options

September - I was Adopted or in Foster Care

Were you adopted or were you in foster care? If so, please tell us more about you and your experiences. 

-Were you adopted, in foster care?

-At what age were you adopted / fostered?

-Do you have contact with your birth family?

-What kind of contact?

-How did you handle knowing you were placed in to a foster home or adoption?

-Any tips from your experience?

-What was your experience, overall?

-Any questions?

-Anything else to add?

- GTKY (get to know you) What autumn activities are you looking forward to most this year?

Re: September - I was Adopted or in Foster Care

• Options
    Were you adopted or were you in foster care? If so, please tell us more about you and your experiences. 

-Were you adopted, in foster care?both I was a foster child till I was 14

-At what age were you adopted / fostered?14

-Do you have contact with your birth family?sorta

-What kind of contact?my half brother lives in another state we see each other every year 

-How did you handle knowing you were placed in to a foster home or adoption?this is a weird question, it’s all I know. Adoption is normal to me. My adoptive parents are the best thing that ever happened to me. I can never repay them. I love them. My heart has a scar where the love of a natural set of loving parents are in many peoples hearts. But most people say they would never guess I was adopted I guess I seem “normal” whatever that means, like how should I seem? 

-Any tips from your experience? Tips to adoptive parents? I can’t say that I do. Adopting is not for everyone. Be ready to love unconditionally and make that clear to your child. And if you need help getting through the hard times, get help from therapist, psychologist! My mom did it, she said it was very helpful! Get the kids help too!Also Have a solid support team! 

-What was your experience, overall? Again weird question. It’s not like I went to a restaurant had bad service and food and won’t go back. This is my life and it’s normal to me. I am happy, well adjusted and adore my parents they are my best friends! 

-Any questions?

-Anything else to add?

- GTKY (get to know you) What autumn activities are you looking forward to most this year? Trick or treating with my two boys!