October 2018 Moms

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 27)

PLEASE READ: I appreciate everyone who has continued to contribute to this check-in through October.  At this time, most of us have transitioned over to Facebook, and so this will be the last Bouncing Baby check-in on The Bump.  If you have been active on The Bump over the last several months and would like to join us on Facebook, please read the instructions here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12731758/facebook-transition-instructions#latest

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: What is your plan for baby for Halloween?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 27)

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? 7 days. Just excited to be able to post here! Corbyn is settling in nicely and has a bit of a routine the last 4 nights which is nice to have some sleep. He has a big sleep early evening then feeds a long feed until 10:30/11 then sleeps for 3 hrs. Wakes and feeds and then gives another 1.5 hr stretch and then wakes/ snacks/ naps until we get up around 6:30/7. 

I'm doing good now. The 3rd night were a bit overwhelming and stressful with him refusing feeding. But my milk is in now and it has made both of us happy. I even woke up to my first puddle this morning! Guess I need to wear a bra and pads to bed now. Not something I was looking forward to.

When do newborns start to be awake/ alert more? Also when do you fit in tummy time. I feel like he's always sleeping, eating or fussing from his diaper change! 

We wanted to hand out treats this year being our new house and all, but our stupid contractor is messing that up for us. We have scafoscaffo blocking our front door. So we might go to our neighbors and help hand out some there.

Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? Almost 3 weeks. Sam is sleeping 3-4 hour stretches at night, which is amazing!

Good! I’m feeling more and more like my normal self each day. 

My little guy is awake more during the day, and interacting more. It’s been fun to start to see his personality a bit. 

He’s going to be a black cat. He might trick or treat a little bit with his brother and sister. He might sleep in his swing the whole time.
  • I’m jealous of everyone getting sleep!! Sophie is a great, mostly easy baby but DD was sleeping like 3 hour stretches by now and 5 hour stretches at night by a month.  We were so spoiled! 
  • @chyvie my two have been getting more alert around 3 weeks. Tummy time we try to do whenever they seem wide awake in their swing. But I read somewhere that fitting it in before that, whenever you are doing a change.  So when you go to change, lay babe down,flip them to tummy for a minute or until they fuss, then flip them back and change them. And to do that before changing into or out of pjs, clothes etc.
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

6 weeks tomorrow. He started socially smoking today. 

Physically I’m okay. Emotionally not so much. 6 week PP checkup is tomorrow and I’m really hoping my OB will put me back on my meds.

Between the constant feeding, sleep deprivation, my older two’s attitudes, and DH working all the time, I’ve reached my breaking point. 

Trick or treating with the older two. He’s dressing up as Donald Duck, DD is Minnie Mouse, DS1 is Mickey Mouse, I’m Daisy Duck, and DH is Goofy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chyvie mine have all started being awake around 1 month. As for tummy time, mine have all gotten theirs in while they lay on my chest. As long as they’re awake so they can turn and lift their heads, it counts. And they really only need a minute or so a few times a day.
    Pregnancy Ticker