November 2018 Moms

CURIOUS

highsteakshighsteaks member
edited October 2018 in November 2018 Moms
Are there any lurkers here with Nov18’ due dates that never got around to joining in? I’d love to have more people to chat with again! It’s too weirdly quiet now.

How long have you been lurking? And when are you due/when was baby born? Anything special you want to mention?

Hi!

Re: CURIOUS

• This is true, I feel like you and I are only ones truly here @highsteaks
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still a lurkin' <3 how are you both doing?  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I'm still here, just lurking mainly.  Not much going on for me right now. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• I’m still here too! Although I do admit I’m way more active on fb because it’s way easier, but I still check in every day. Didn’t really write for a few days because my app keeps crashing and logging me out. So annoying! But I love coming to check on you guys!!
    nws
  • I'm here, too! But mostly complaining about appointments ;)
    @KellyT22 samesies.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ive been lurking, too! I haven’t felt like  I have much to contribute to the currently active threads...and I’m tired, haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ditto, I feel like I keep checking back here for the birth announcements! It also seems like the folks who took on the onus of starting the threads are now pretty busy with having the babies now.  :D
  • I mostly participated on my ticker change (Tuesday) but it’s been quiet. Due on the 6th and no signs of it being any earlier. Love reading all of the announcements and updates from the mommas that have given birth. Grateful for the birthing stories.  I feel great and still have energy. We barely have a nursery set up but we have the car seat and bassinet and other essentials so I think we are ready. FTM so not much to contribute but I’m checking in almost daily to read any updates. 
  • @highsteaks you're so kind to ask! His company was acquired very quickly by a company that didn't have the benefits yet set-up (it's a german company so they're all like, uh, what's insurance? what's a deductible? loool), and I was freaking out about not having any health insurance and a huge hospital bill. We found out today that our current plan will extend to the end of November! I'm due the 8th, so that's great, plenty of time. And by the time we have to change plans, we'll have more time to figure out doctor changes etc. 
    How are you doing?
  • @laasmith omg cracking up at your rendition of germany not knowing about our health insurance woes. that must be a HUGE load off to know that your current insurance is good until the end of Nov. afm—i’m doing pretty good! sometimes a bit crazed, but not too much to complain about atm.

@fitnursemommy happy to have you! feel free to post more if you would like to. glad to hear that you are having no problems during your pregnancy; feel free to post happy thoughts instead. 
  • oh hey, I guess Im kind of "lurky"  :p haha. I had been solely using the app, which i now realize totally sucks, and couldnt figure out all the updates & things on there. now i check in on the site every couple days. Due Nov 26th. Not in on the FB group but would like to be, since Im way more active on there! :) Love seeing all the new babies and hearing all the totally relatable stories of being "done but not ready" for baby. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • susan112118susan112118 member
    edited October 2018
    I also noticed things are quiet. As a ftm with an uncomplicated pregnancy, I also feel like I have little to contribute but enjoy keeping up with everyone else. I'm due 11/21. At my weekly appointment today baby was in the 57% @ 6 lbs 11 oz. She's going to be 8 lbs if I don't deliver early. We're still struggling to agree on a name. Is anyone else in the same boat?
  • @kbyahn we have the same due date! I keep telling myself there's going to be a baby by December 10th, LOL.

@susan112118 we're struggling on the name as well. We have beautiful names for the first two girls so this time is a tough follow. We have a google keep list that we add names to and reject them if we don't both like them.
  • @highsteaks My OB's been out of the country for a while (he won't be back until Halloween) so I've been getting a break from him, though he's making me do weekly NST's for no real reason instead since "someone needs to keep an eye on me."

I'm praying this little guy doesn't come on or before Halloween (though I'd normally love a Halloween baby) because the doctors covering for him won't let me do a VBAC.

Other than that, my OB's been okay.  He still acts like he's waiting for me to self-destruct at any time (in spite of literally everything looking great), but he's being nicer about it now that I'm in the home stretch.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @highsteaks Spencer is pretty comfy out here. He just sleeps, eats, poops, repeat. Lol his brothers love him and now we are just settling into our new normal! I can’t wait for you to bring the girls home and do the same!  <3
    nws
  • @hollyeva- I should use a Google list. I've been using post it notes so far.
  • I kinda stopped checking in when it got quiet over here, but I’ll come back!

• @hollyeva haha lets hope we dont have to go all that far into December! I feel like this little nugget will probably be a little early, but not for any real reason. I had a small bleeding scare last week (for a second there was mention of an emergency Csect if it was from an abruption) so maybe that its making me think she'll be early... but I know whenever she comes shes gonna be a big girl! Dad & I are both 6ft+ I was over 8lbs at birth and he was over 9! :o 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I go back and forth between here and Facebook. Honestly with all our house craziness (moving and selling this week) and baby due in a week, I’ve been distracted from both. I am trying to keep up with everyone though!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I’m still here lurking! Trying to adjust to life with a newborn and getting all the sleep I can. I will try to be more active on here! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited October 2018
    @lhalford hi! how does it feel to now be past your due date? any advice you’d give for getting through cold and flu season with a newborn?

@wannaflickone do you have buyers lined up? i am amazed at all mamas who move during their pregnancy, especially 3rd tri. 

@tessiesmom26 i have been wondering how you’ve been doin! happy to hear from you. i definitely support sleeping when you can.
  • I'm still here but joined fb since tb got so quiet. It's hard to keep up with both but I'm trying!
  • I’m still here too! I was mostly posting on the Monday/Tuesday thread but most of us seemed to have disappeared. TTM due Nov 13 (but baby has been giving us scares since 33.5 weeks so I’m kind of over waiting). I would probably be more active on FB (am I able to join?) as mobile Bump is totally awful.

Otherwise I can come out of hiding, and try to be more active. Now that I’ve made it to 38 weeks we are just gearing up for our 3rd homebirth. Can’t wait to meet my first Team Green Baby!
  • @highsteaks Ugh I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. This is miserable. Eviction date is 11/15, but I don't know how I can survive that long. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Still here, been quite because the app is difficult. Scheduled C-section for this Friday as baby boy is breech. I'd love to join FB as I am much more active there and in it multiple times a day.
  • @highsteaks - Hi!  It doesn't feel terrible- at least physically- to go a little overdue. I was most uncomfortable between 34-36 weeks.  After that he dropped low and I could breathe better.  Probably also helped that I stopped working at 36w and could put my feet up more (that, and I had a talk with the hubs about stepping up his massage game- haha).  The most difficult part is waiting.  People keep sending texts to check on me, which is thoughtful, but to be honest it gets a bit annoying to keep telling people that I'm not in labor yet.  Haha.  I am already paying lots of attention to every twinge, constantly on alert for the start of labor.  I also worry about my baby getting bigger by the day.  DS1 was born right on his due date and weighed 8lb10oz.  I had 2nd degree tearing and would be happy to not go through the same this time around.  Like most ladies out there, I don't want to be induced, but if I need to I will.  

As for advice on the upcoming cold/flu season...  First and foremost, hand washing is critical.  Make sure everyone who wants to hold baby does it. Hand sanitizer is fine.  Vaccinations are equally critical.  I was not afraid to mandate that our families get the flu shot early on- it takes 2 weeks for it to protect you from influenza.  Yah, it's not perfect, I get it, but there is definitely a good amount of protection from it and newborns are particularly vulnerable.  Keep in mind that pregnant moms getting the flu shot in pregnancy can protect the baby for 6 months (but it is recommended to get grandparents/extended family/caregivers to get it too).  Having a TDaP shot within the past 10 years is important for protection against pertussis (whooping cough).  In general, hunkering down for the first 2 weeks is a good idea.  We didn't have much reason to leave the house during that period of recovery and bonding anyway.  Lastly, if possible, I would say that breastfeeding is helpful for protection against infant illness.  With DS1 being born in January, I was shocked that he didn't get ill (at least nothing beyond an occasional runny nose) during his first year.  I think some of that has to do with the immune protection from breastfeeding.  Of course, it's not everyone's choice, and that's ok, just sharing my own personal experience.  
  • I’m still here! I love hearing the updates on the NICU thread and just been trying to get things done before my husband comes home for his leave from deployment!! (Only 10 more days!) hoping this baby stays out until then but not much longer after because I’m so ready to not be pregnant. 

My SI joint has been killing me lately and making me so grumpy because I want to walk normally!
  • I'm still here, too! Just finishing up a move from Georgia to Kentucky, so haven't had much free time. Just stopped in briefly today to see if there were any new birth announcements. I hope everyone is hanging in there okay!
  • Sorry...delivered my twins on 10/25 and am just now rejoining the world. I plan to be more active as soon as I have them on a better sleep/breast feeding schedule. The sleep deprivation is real!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Prefer FB but I check in here too once or twice a day. It’s been super dead over here though, tthats for sure!