May 2019 Moms

Subchorionic Hematomas

Re: Subchorionic Hematomas

• @MelissaMay82 while anything is frightening to us right now, my doctor wasn't really worried about any brown if it came back, only if it were red (basically let them know and they'd bring me in).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• MelissaMay82MelissaMay82 member
    edited October 2018
    @kvh22 yeah my doc told me the same thing. She wasn’t even worried about some red and said to call if it was a lot of red bleeding. She didn’t put me on pelvic rest or give me any restrictions but I’m taking it really easy.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Loading the player...
  • edited October 2018
    Is or has anyone had intense cramping? My bleeding has thankfully lessened to spotting but I'm a little freaked out by the cramps.  Tylenol only takes the edge off a teeny bit.  

• Mother effer! The nurse just called me freaking out.  I have to get the rhogam shot ASAP. Im going tomorrow.  But that bitch hurts!

• @expandcontract I’ve had a little cramping but sometimes I can’t tell if it is due to gas or not. I already got a rhogam at like 6 weeks, it hurts so much.

• @expandcontract I’ve had what I think is my uterus expanded but feels like mild cramping. It’s so hard to know. I have no idea what it feels like to be pregnant and have my uterus full and stretching and growing, so I don’t know if it’s something to worry about or something totally normal. It’s so frustrating.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thank you ladies. @mrskoz428 the nurse was aware yesterday how bad my cramps were.  She told me to drink lots of water and take Tylenol. 

• @expandcontract good! Hopefully it doesn’t require any other intervention!
  • @expandcontract for a couple of days while I was bleeding but it gets better (you and I are having very similar experiences 8 days apart). Now I can't tell if it's gas or soreness from lack of activity or what I felt like before but just more aware of it now but not nearly as bad as it was.

• @expandcontract I had some quite strong cramps and brown spotting at around 10 weeks. The NP said it was my uterus expanding and/or dehydration. It lasted maybe 4 or 5 days and went away. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @kvh22 and @robyn2201 thank you so much for the info! @kvh22 it really helps me feel better knowing our cases are so similar and hopefully both will resolve without issue.  
    @robyn2201 I seriously hope it's just dehydration. It HAS eased up a bit in the past few hours. Thank God!

• @expandcontract right here with ya. Daily cramps but I've been one gassy pregnany lady throughout so I can't always differentiate the cause. But yes no more blood (thank God!) Just yellowy discharge and cramps. 

We need a big exhale mamas. 

@MelissaMay82 i had soooo much brown/ blackish red stuff for 2 weeks and I was told the same thing, it all has to come out...but Im like how is there so much and does this mean there is a lite bleeding that just got old every day I wiped again. My brain is on overdrive but overall it ended up leading to no blood.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mrskoz428 YAY!! Great news! FX the rest of us go the same way :D

• @mrskoz428 that's awesome!! I am seriously so thrilled for you!!! Thank god! 

• Yay sooo relieved @mrskoz428!! Itxs great that they told you the same day! 
  • @Jess4us I had to ask because they didn’t even know. She looked for 5 minutes and saw nothing.
  • @mrskoz428 that's awesome! Do you know how big your bleed was to begin with? Asking for a friend  ;)

• @kvh22 They never measured it because it was already healing when I went in, but I’ve had spotting for 7 weeks.
  • @mrskoz428 great news!

• @mrskoz428 Glad to hear it has resolved!
  • @mrskoz428 So are you off bed rest now? And did they say anything about the possibility of getting another SCH? (Sorry to be negative but that's the first thing that went through my mind when you said it's resolved. ) 

• @expandcontract they didn’t really give me too many answers, to be honest. I’m asking more at my midwife appointment on the 2nd. I’m keeping myself on rest until I meet with her next week, just to be sure. They didn’t say anything about a possible reoccurrence, and none of the research I’ve done has really mentioned it, either. My ultrasound won’t have its full evaluation done until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I may have more answers then, too.
  • @mrskoz428 that’s awesome!  I am hoping I get the same news on Tuesday!!
  • @bpietronicco FX for you! I’m not 100% convinced quite yet, but with the lessening of spotting and pains that I’ve had, it’s hard to not believe!
  • @mrskoz428 thank you for that info! I think you're doing the right thing by staying on rest until you're told otherwise. 

• I’m so pissed. I had to carry our 55 pound dog yesterday because he went absolutely nutso on DH and our female dog that lifting him was the only way to make him go submissive. I feel so sore and cramps today after doing that and I really hope I didn’t just screw something up. Damn dog!
  • @mrskoz428 You and your husband are going to have to come up with a plan on what to do if that happens again.  Picking up your dog is NOT an option for you.  Im sorry if I sound preachy but I'm legit worried for you! 

• @expandcontract we were in a foreign environment so I don’t think that helped the situation. I think next time, DH is just going to take Stuart and I’ll walk our good girl. I didn’t have him on his harness which didn’t help either. No more of that!
  • @mrskoz428 yes,  that sounds like a good plan. Please keep us posted on how you feel.  

• @expandcontract does nervous count? 
  • @mrskoz428 girlllll, like i said,  I'm nervous for you! And yes,  it totally counts!

• Ahhh @mrskoz428 i did a gasp. But I am prettttttty confident for you since they couldnt find a thing on your last scan. This could be round ligament pain?
  • @Jess4us @expandcontract as the day as gone on, it is definitely much lower than my uterus is (I only know where it is right now thanks to the ultrasound Friday) and is actually more around my pubic bone, which I guess makes sense since my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit (😱). I took a bath, which felt amazing, and just spent most of the afternoon on the couch watching the Packers lose and creating a baby registry.
  • @mrskoz428 Im glad the bath helped and you didn't mention any type of bleeding so I'm going to assume you are still free of that. Thank god.  I can't wait for your appointment with the midwife for more answers.  

• @expandcontract yes, no bleeding or spotting. Thank God.
  • @mrskoz428 ugh that sucks but hopefully all will be fine. As others have said, let us know. I still have a 5cm one (that most likely clotted) but since I hadn't bled in a while and life happens, my doctor cleared me to pick up DD (23-24lbs). I'm still super limiting it when possible (aka when DH is here). I'm not saying go around lifting heavy weights, but since yours wasn't detected on the ultrasound, I'm going to optimistically say that I think you're going to be just fine and didn't do any damage most likely. My doc was more worried about me doing anything that makes me break a sweat (elevating HR for too long).

• @kvh22 why was your doctor worried about your heart rate? Im asking because I've been VERY tachycardic the whole month.  

My follow up appointment is tomorrow and I'm so nervous/ anxious. One thing i don't understand though is why they didn't schedule me for an ultrasound.  How is the doctor going to know if it's actually resolving? 

• @expandcontract I believe a prolonged elevated heart rate delivers blood with lower oxygen concentration. I think that’s why the want you to limited prolonged elevated heart rate (140-160 bpm+).