March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check-in 10/22

This thread is for those due March 10 to March 16

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family?

Re: Week 2 Check-in 10/22

• Options

Due date: March 10th

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my 20 week anatomy scan this morning. It went great. Baby girl is still a girl  <3 and weights approximately 14 oz. I had a student in there so I got to see baby longer than normal. It was wonderful and baby girl definitely has her own attitude and I love it.

Rants/Raves?: My baby brother got engaged this weekend. So it was pretty exciting for our family. I felt real kicks this weekend exactly on week 20. 

How are you feeling?: I feel pretty good. I can’t complain, yesterday I ate too much so I was uncomfortable but other than that not too bad. 

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family? We don’t really have any. I want to start a matching pj’s tradition next year when baby girl can participate. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@bdesterhouse yay for a great scan! And  congrats on your brother getting engaged! 

Due date: 3/15

Any appointments? Questions?: 20 week OB appointment is tomorrow morning and the AS is Friday.

Rants/Raves?: Rave: Gorged myself on good food this weekend! We went to one of our favorite Italian places Saturday and to the Greek festival Sunday (and brought home all the Greek pastries, yummmm)! Rant: The overindulging is going to make weighing in at my drs appointment tomorrow a little depressing... 

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good, some rlp and pelvic achiness.

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family? We’ve done Friday night date night from early on in our relationship, and since DS it’s just transitioned into family date night. It a nice way to kick off the weekend!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date:  3/12

Any appointments? Questions?:  Next appointment is on 10/29.  I'll be almost 21 weeks. 

Rants/Raves?:  This baby is MOVIN' and I'm so relieved.  The time between doctors' appointments when I'm not really sure if I'm feeling the baby has always stressed me out, so I'm glad to be able to feel her bopping around in there finally!  Also, we had an almost 100% potty success day with DD1 yesterday; I'm thrilled!

How are you feeling?:  Nauseous.  Last night I ate something that this babe must not have liked and I found myself running to throw up around 10.  

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family?  the H and I used to eat pizza bread and drink wine every Friday, and I anticipate we'll pick that up again after we get moved.  We also go for family walks on Sunday mornings and then come home, turn on the 90s station and dance around while we make brunch.  

• Options

Due date: 3/10

Any appointments? Questions?: ultrasound is on Wednesday and we will find out there if it’s a boy or girl!!

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I’m SO angry these days. Especially at work. Im afraid I’m going to have an angry baby if I keep feeling this all the time. Rave: thank God for my support system who has been through this and this message board. Both the board and my previously pregnant friends help keep me sane.

How are you feeling?: heartburn; drinking lots of water makes it worse. Also tailbone pain. Emotionally angry.

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family? Taking it easy on Sundays. Christmas trees after Thanksgiving.

• Options

Due date: 3-12

Any appointments? Questions?:

Anatomy scan 10/29. I don't really know why I'm starting to get nervous about it...

Glad to hear your scan went well @bdesterhouse !

Rants/Raves?: 

Not really a rant, but just a crabby moment I had this week. DH's family wants to celebrate my birthday, which was weeks ago, but yes, that's still nice. So in the midst of work, grad school, doctor's appointments, etc, they asked me to find time to drive down to visit them.... :| I'm over here like, the highway goes both directions....why make the pregnant girl travel to celebrate her own birthday? 

How are you feeling?:

Pretty darn good most days. Feeling baby kick a lot more, which is just the most wonderfully weird sensation ever  <3 DH is soooooo anxious to be able to feel it from the outside, and I think it will start happening soon  :)

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family:

DH and I honor Taco Tuesday on a fairly regular basis. Other than that, our only real tradition is making heart shaped pizza on Valentine's day. We don't get each other presents, just a nice card and we enjoy our homemade pizza (and usually a nice bottle of wine too)

• Options
    1. March 16th
    2. Next apt and us on the 29th. One more week!
    3. Rant see below.
    4. Still sick, so not feeling all that great.
    5. DW and I don't really have any rituals yet, except watching Christmas movies in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    Due date: March 11
    Appts: tomorrow is my 20 wk appt & anatomy scan. Looking forward to seeing baby girl! 
    Rants/Raves: No rants, but I do want to rave about how wonderful my job had been during pregnancy. I work from home, with lots of flexibility and in a very family/kid focused company. This is our slow season which means things are steady but mellow. I am SO grateful for the freedom to structure my days in whatever way works for me. 
    Feeling: Great mostly. Although I feel like I can sleep forever given the chance!  Finally feeling some faint movements here & there. I get really burpy/gassy whenever I lay down in bed at night which is annoying. 
    Rituals/traditions: DH and I try to celebrate Shabbat at least one Friday a month. DH was raised Jewish, I was not, but I’m interested in learning more and want our daughter to feel connected to her Jewish heritage. We observe by lighting candles, cooking a yummy meal at home and spending the night focusing on quality/unplugged time together. For us, observing Jewish traditions is not really a religious thing; we see it as honoring & remembering our (now) shared family history. 
    Other traditions: we always travel together for school breaks (DH is a teacher). We always take road trips for Thanksgiving week & spring break week. We’re taking a little baby moon this T-giving, can’t wait! 
  • Options

Been a little absent on the board so trying to get back into it this week.

Due date: March 16

Any appointments? Have appoint and US this afternoon and then the 20 week scan next week. 

Rants/Raves?: Still have nausea at times and get full so fast. I feel like I´m not eating enough...and I definitely know I´m not eating healthy enough. 

How are you feeling?: Still tired. Hard to stay awake past 11pm. 

GTKY: What traditions or rituals do you have in your family? We always visit my folks in the US for Xmas and we are already counting down the days. They live in Kentucky and we always have a great and relaxing time when we´re there. 

• Options

@govanalyst86 if it makes you feel any better I’ve also been notably grumpy this pregnancy... it’s the hormones fault!

@lucysmom2016 yay for baby kicks and I would have been a bit grumpy about having to drive to celebrate my birthday too.

@kenneylynn3 Christmas movies are a fantastic tradition- I get so excited when it’s finally time for Christmas movies!

@hltmtnmama that’s awesome that work has been so flexible!

@Morningstar80 sorry you’re still dealing with nausea, that’s miserable!