November 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight Series: Strollers (w/o 3/12)

2»

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Strollers (w/o 3/12)

• Desperate for ideas on a good double!

I have a Britax B Ready which I totally love but the second seat goes behind and below the main seat. And I have the old model which I can not find any parts for (didn't realize that was going to happen when I bought it, so infuriating).  So I can't find the lower car seat adapter anywhere.  Means the car seat has to go up top and the older one has to ride underneath. I do not see that happening happily.  Its also heavy as hell.

Right now we only use it in the neighborhood and have an umbrella for the car.  I am desperate to figure out what to do with the new baby and a decent double stroller.  They will only be 20 months apart so I am guessing we are gonng be pushing both a while.  Some of these side by sides are gigantic and heavy as hell. some of the double's are super long when folded or seats don't recline great.  City Select seems heavy too but maybe easier to manage than a side by side?  Uppa Baby Vista? SOOOO expensive but is it worth the splurge?

I've looked at so many I feel like what I want doesn't exist.....

• ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited July 2018
    @wannaflickone we get stopped so much with it. So many compliments and questions. And now that I’ve had it longer I love it even more. It made the Fourth of July so awesome. The top kept him out of the sun. We clipped a fan to it to help keep him cool. It has been absolutely amazing! 
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited July 2018
    ginny_203 said:
    @BabyBoyH92016 what accessories did you get  for your Vista? Currently considering what I'll actually need/use
    We bought the rumble seat and piggy back right away vs waiting until we had a second baby. We didn’t know when we would have our second baby, and we heard that sometimes when the models change, it might be hard to find accessories for the old stroller model. I don’t know how true that is, but out of abundance of caution, we bought the rumble seat and piggy back attachment when we purchased the stroller.  

I bought and use the snack tray. I would say definitely must once babe becomes a toddler. 

Purchased the the cup holder (although I feel like mine isn’t as stable as I want it to be)

Purchased the rain shield. At the time we were living in the city and a one car household so I strolled A LOT. The rain shield did come in handy. Now that I’m in the burbs and drive a lot more I find it less useful.

The only accessory we haven’t used (yet) is the travel bag. We always take our umbrella stroller when we travel. 

Purse hooks (I use mine), but the compartment under the stroller is so big, I’m not sure it’s necessary. I find them nice to have but could probably live without them. 

We also bought the Uppababy Mesa car seat to make life easier. 
  • serabjornserabjorn member
    edited July 2018
    @mockingjay1 and @blue2mango, I am not a jogger but hubby and I like to go walking off road and camping.  As such, hubby has requested a jogging stroller.  After doing some research, I narrowed my options down to the following two strollers:

Chicco TRE Jogging Stroller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FNCPAA?colid=1GF8A52H4B91D&coliid=IQKUOUVQ2AEZV&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link

BOB Revolution Jogging Strollers: 
    --->Flex: https://www.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution-Jogging-Stroller-Black/dp/B019EZD7Y2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1531785086&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=bob+revolution+flex+jogging+stroller&th=1
    --->PRO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079RSPV28?colid=1GF8A52H4B91D&coliid=I1AAV9PY9S0UKL&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link&th=1

It sounds like from your recommendations that the BOB is worth the extra $70-$120 over the Chicco TRE.  Now to convince hubby that we should get a BOB.  ;)

Any other pros you can think of?  I liked that the BOB has a larger weight capacity than the Chicco. 

Also, the car seat I am considering is the Chicco Fit2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716JNZJ8?colid=1GF8A52H4B91D&coliid=I3MVFJ5SCINPU9&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link.  I do know that I will need to buy a carseat-to-stroller adapter in order to use this car seat with a BOB, which is another ($60) cost to consider: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z86LNT?colid=1GF8A52H4B91D&coliid=I3ELL38U48WZPA&ref=br_ADD_TO_CART_title_link.

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts!  :)

Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

• @ashkee05 Laughing at your tricked out wagon  :D No really, it's pretty awesome and looks so much comfier than a regular stroller. I love it! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @ashkee05 i need that in my life. if you don’t mind me being a pest, can you link where you bought all the cool upgrades? does that mesh canopy come with it?
    edited October 2018
    @highsteaks my friend got one and i fell in love. My dude also has a HUGE meltdown if we even try to bring out the stroller so this was life changing. He LOVES it. 

The canopy, a cup holder and a cooler comes with it. Target sells them, and some of the baby boutiques do as well. I ordered mine from their site because the teal was a limited edition color. It also covers teal, you don’t have to have the mesh and has two sides that come down for some privacy when they are catching a nap or you want to cover your stuff when it’s locked up. Some people are intimidated by the price but it’s very similar to double strollers. 

https://www.keenz.us/

All the accessories i ordered came from amazon. Robo cup holders, brica deluxe snack pod, and mommy hooks. I also got the summer infant pop and sit portable booster chair. It fits awesome and gives him a boost when he wants it. 
    nws
  • @ashkee05 thank you! i was not excited for a double+ stroller. that thing looks so much more useful and more compact. did you get the shark liner on amazon too?
  • @highsteaks the liner I got from a vendor in a group I found on fb. Did you join the fb group or use it period? I can direct you from there if you did or pm the link on here if you’re not joining the group. 

I love that this has the 5 point harness too for when they are younger and still need it. My toddler is pretty independent and can cling in out as long as I lock the wheels for him. Super nice! It’s also allowed in Disney since you push it and don’t pull which is huge for a lot of people 
    nws
  • @ashkee05 ack, no not on facebook. i love that it’s push instead of pull, and that you can hook your bag in front of you.
    edited October 2018
    @highsteaks there are lots on Etsy too, they just tend to be pricier. I also love they it’s push or pull if you want. When it’s all loaded with stuff instead of the kids I’d rather pull it.
    nws
  • purelexpurelex member
    edited October 2018
    Hi ladies,

If anyone is still debating on a double stroller and you are an Amazon Prime member, there is a steal of a deal going on for the Evenflo Pivot Xpand convertible stroller.  It just came out this year and has good reviews.... It's a budget version of the Uppababy Vista, in my opinion.

Anyway, the stroller with car seat, base and toddler seat retails for $399.  Amazon has it on sale right now for $371, with an additional coupon for $7.47 off.  You can purchase with your baby registry completion discount for another 15% off and if you buy the Percheron (grey) color, Amazon and Evenflo will take off another 40% at checkout if you use the promo code EVENFLO (through 10/24).

It all stacks.... I got the double stroller system for $166 plus tax.  Way too good to pass up!

Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System, Percheron https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZT4M2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_k0sYBbF1MF5MH
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • purelex said:

If anyone is still debating on a double stroller and you are an Amazon Prime member, there is a steal of a deal going on for the Evenflo Pivot Xpand convertible stroller.  It just came out this year and has good reviews.... It's a budget version of the Uppababy Vista, in my opinion.

OMG. Why haven't I heard of this!!!!!
    Looking into it right now. Couldn't get the coupon code to work though.....hmmm......
  • It has to be the Percheron color and you have to be an Amazon Prime member... Looks like you have to have started a baby registry with them, too.

Here is a screenshot from my phone... I already claimed the offer so it won't let me pull up the specifics again now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • purelex said:
    It has to be the Percheron color and you have to be an Amazon Prime member... Looks like you have to have started a baby registry with them, too.

hmmm....must be the registry issue.  I did start one but just a couple days ago...