January 2019 Moms

Oct- Middle of the night thread

I can't be the only who can't fall asleep some times... let's keep each other company

Re: Oct- Middle of the night thread

• Definitely not the only one! I can fall asleep fine... I just wake up a million times and struggle to get back to sleep.

This is usually when I read baby related stuff.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi! DD2 woke up at 2. I just go in and tell her it's still time to sleep and she goes back to bed....but then I'm up...for hours. It's awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DH was up with the stomach flu in the middle of the night. We both got minimal sleep even though I moved to the guest bed...i kept thinking DD would wake up puking. So far DD and I are still healthy and DH is doing better but resting. The stomach flu has the be one of the worst things about parenting, you for sure get it more frequently. Something for all you FTM to look forward to...
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt ugh! The stomach flu is awful! I hope you and DD stay healthy and avoid getting it. There is nothing worse than passing a bug like that around.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh this is definitely the thread for me! :heart:
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• 2:43 AM...one of my multiple pee trips and now I can’t fall back asleep. I had a light dinner but went straight to bed around 9 with DD. DH just crawled into bed (after enjoying a nice Sat night catching up on his shows I normally don’t like). He is snoring up a storm which I really can’t tolerate lately. It’s already hard enough falling back asleep once I hit this point. I think I’m going to nudge him and have him sleep in our guestroom or living room. It is so painful hearing him snore right now. Uggggghhhhh.
  • It's 3 AM and I've been up for 2 hours already  :( I just want to sleeeeeep......

@AliKay20 I have a limited tolerance for DH's snoring anyway but even less so while pg/BFing. He's now sleeping in DS' room until further notice and DS is sleeping with me in the master. Glorious.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Its 3am and I've been up for 40 minutes. My husband is happily snoring away beside me, and it sounds like a beginner's band camp jam sesh up in here. Please shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up. Sorry - tantrum over. (Not really tho)
  • Does anyone know what it’s like to hit at deer at 70mph? I do.  I had 6 of the kids with me. The 14 year old is traumatized for life. The 2 year old slept through it. The 5 year was pissed that her candy fell to the floor. The 9 year old watched the whole thing and thought it was “cool to watch.” Maybe I should worry about him? And the 7 and 10 year olds had no clue what was going on because they were watching a movie.  Busted radiator meant we were stuck in the middle of Wyoming for 2 hours while we waited for the H to come save us.  We just bought the vehicle Friday. SMFH. 
  • @SweetBriarBee jeeze! Thank goodness everyone is alright. Deer can do a lot of damage. Are you ok? 
  • @SweetBriarBee i've unfortunately been in that position as a passenger,  not fun.  I can't imagine having to worry about having kids with me and how they are coping, I remember being quite shook up.  Im glad to hear you are okay, cars can be fixed! Although it sucks you just bought it.  Yikes!
  • @SweetBriarBee yikes! That is scary. Glad everyone isiok. I once hit an already dead boar going about 70. My car went airborne and when I landed I swerved all over the road. Thankfully I was ok but my car always has a front end issue after that. 
  • @SweetBriarBee Oh man, what a rough experience all the way around! And even more devastating knowing you just bought the car. I would have cried so hard . I've hit 2 deer in my life. One was slow at 25 ish and the other I was going 60 but slammed on my brakes before. It was so sad. 

That just sounds like an awful day for you and I'm so very sorry.
  • @SweetBriarBee so scary! We have a ton of deer around our area so I’m paranoid about hitting them. Glad you and the kids are ok!!
  • I wasn't even supposed to be driving back home, last night.  I was supposed to be leaving this morning, but the H needed some parts for his truck that I had. He told me yesterday that I could leave when I wanted, but the longer I took, the longer he'd be out of work.  He was guilting me into leaving sooner.  

I saw that buck from a long way off, I even pointed him out to the kids. He was easily 8 ft off the right side of the road, walking away from the road. I still went into the other lane, just in case. As I was about to pass him, he decided to bolt into the road. There was absolutely no way to miss him.  Even if I had been in my lane, I would have hit him.  I wasn't about to swerve at 70.  I tried to stop, but it just wasn't gonna happen.  

And you know what? The H will still be out of work. Now, instead of just fixing his truck, he's having to get the suburban to Utah because he refuses to let a tow truck do the job, even though it's covered by insurance.  I just can't even with that guy right now.  
  • @SweetBriarBee Oh man I hit a deer during my last pregnancy and had my toddler in the car. We were only going about 50, and I too could see it coming! There was a tour bus coming in the other lane, so I knew swerving would be way worse and I couldn’t stop in time! I just held the wheel as tight as I could and ran right into it. I wound up in another car accident this week, getting rear ended at a stop light. These are the only two car accidents I’ve ever been in my whole life. Both times pregnant! I need to stop getting pregnant I think haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @beachmama14 I’ve never been in an accident before, pregnant or not. So it’s all new to me.  What did you do after your wreck? Did you have to get checked out? I’m 5 hours from my dr with no vehicle.  
  • @SweetBriarBee I've been in a handful of accidents, none pregnant, though. Do you feel any pain in your belly? Feel baby move at all since than? Any bleeding? I feel like if you feel off or in pain at all, you could at least call in to a triage nurse line to see if you should go in once you can. 
    I'm sorry that happened!!!! I can imagine that must have been so scary, especially having 6 kids with you besides being pregnant. Glad everyone is ok! 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetyjenj  Everything is the same as it was before. She’s all over the place all the time. Normal cramps and contractions. Nothing seems out of place, which is why I hadn’t called in yet. I have an appointment next Thursday, so I figured I’d wait until then, unless I started feeling different.  

It was definitely nerve wracking right after. My first thought was the kids in the vehicle. Once I had them checked over, it was  checking the vehicle. And when I found antifreeze everywhere, it was getting the vehicle shut off and calling the H. At that point, I could start worrying about baby, but only to myself. I didn’t want to alarm the kids. It was probably the longest 10 minutes of my life waiting for her to give me a good kick. She hasn’t stopped since. 

I have to go drive that same road tomorrow. I’m not looking forward to it.  
  • @SweetBriarBee I’m too paranoid to wait that long!  When I tripped and fell I called my doctor within an hour or so and they sent me to the ER to have the baby checked out. For me it was a better safe than sorry type of situation. I agree it sounds like you don’t have anything to worry about, but especially if your belly hit the wheel I’d think it wouldn’t hurt to at least call your doctor. 
  • @mrsmang I didn’t hit anything. The air bags didn’t even deploy, and we barely felt the actual impact. I’m actually surprised with how much damage there was and how little we felt. 
  • @SweetBriarBee then you are probably fine!  They only told me to go to the hospital after I said I think I might have hit my belly on the ground and I couldn’t remember. 
  • @SweetBriarBee I wonder if you didn't feel the impact because of shock. The brain is really good at "numbing" certain situations. I remember when I first totaled my old car I hit a guard rail going 55, and the actual impact wasn't that painful, just shocking. I was really sore the next day, but when I think back, I can't actually recall the feeling of the impact, though you know there was one. 
    It's good that you didn't hit anything, and if she's moving, I'm sure it's fine. 

• @sweetyjenj  I don’t know. The kid in the back said that all she felt was us slowing down.  I mean, there had to be some bit of impact felt, but the jolt of it was less than me slowing down. Maybe it was because I was already in the process of trying to slow down? 

• Been trying to fall back asleep for over an hour, and DD just started making noise. Must have forgotten my PM dose of Zantac because uuggghh the reflux.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I'm here. Feeling nauseous and can't sleep. I went pee, drank some water, switched positions and just  can't sleep. DD1 had a rough day at school and the SO and I have been fighting a lot (him mostly, I'm not one to fight so I basically just let him go off...super healthy, I know) but it all leads to me being here in the middle of the night dumping this here. 
  • I could kill my dog sometimes. He gets hot (or in his mind he's too hot) so he pants until we wake up and let him out of the crate. Well I let him out and now I can't go back to sleep. We've got church in the morning and MIL and I are going into work to assemble some displays after, so I won't get a chance for a nap. Ugh go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep. 
  • Woke up to pee and can't fall back asleep. @gorgeousariel the sound of a dog panting when they don't seem to need to be is a pet peeve of mine. Sorry you're dealing with that while trying to fall asleep!! 
    I feel tired, I'm yawning, I'm comfortable...I just can't fall back asleep.

• skilouiseskilouise member
    edited October 2018
    Woke up at 4:30 to a pup with the unmistakable signs of an ear infection.   Tried to clean out her ears a bit and put the cone on her, then couldn't get back to sleep for 2 hours. Got up again at 7:30 to take her to the 24-hour vet. So. Tired. 

The good news is the vet said her ear didn't look too bad, so it should clear up pretty quickly.

• I'm here. Feeling nauseous and can't sleep. I went pee, drank some water, switched positions and just  can't sleep. DD1 had a rough day at school and the SO and I have been fighting a lot (him mostly, I'm not one to fight so I basically just let him go off...super healthy, I know) but it all leads to me being here in the middle of the night dumping this here. 

+1 to this. I feel you. Been having a turbulent couple of day with my SO. ughhhhh. 
  • @ms_stevens87 I'm sorry you are dealing with this too. I know it's an emotional time for us, but big changes are in store for the men in our lives too. I guess we are all more emotional than normal. Plus, men just don't understand 🤣
  • @molosmiles this is why I’m grateful I found TB. Seems like no matter what you’re going thru somebody can relate. I’m chalking it up to being extra emotional and SO getting nervous Bc babygirl will be here shortly. Doesn’t change that I kind of want to choke him right now. 

@SweetBriarBee thanks. I’m sure it will resolve soon. Just sucks to be extra emotional. Not usually how I am but all of a sudden I’m a big ball of MUSH
  • @ms_stevens87 I totally get it. The H and I fight, often, and being pregnant doesn’t help. Last month I was ready to pack kids up and leave. He finally pulled his head out of his ass and apologized. It was a long ten days.  He’s done much better understanding how I feel the last month, and he’s helped out a lot more.  So that’s a plus.  We haven’t lived together in 4 years, so these last four months have been a huge adjustment now that we finally got a house closer to work. 
  • @ms_stevens87 I chuckled to myself and said right out loud to you choke him comment!

@SweetBriarBee I remember you saying that you and your husband would be living together for the first time in a few years and I assumed at that time there would be an adjustment period! I think it will take time for everyone but you'll get there!  Good luck. And we are always here to listen!
  • I bought a diffuser and diffused some lavender essential oil and slept through the night- almost- I only woke up because my hip hurt but was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly after that. The past week if I woke up it took me over an hour+ to fall back asleep with all the thoughts in my mind! Hopefully the lavender oil helps the rest of the pregnancy!
  • It so good to know I’m not alone. I’m just waiting for things to settle down. They kind of are. @SweetBriarBee

@molosmiles in all seriousness I’ve been thinking about it. lol. Makybe that could be his new kink? 
  • beachmama14beachmama14 member
    edited October 2018
    @SweetBriarBee sorry for the late response! The first time when I hit a deer, I didn’t get checked out. I never stopped the car after hitting it and I know I didn’t hit the wheel with my belly because I braced myself the whole time. It was one of those things I saw it coming but couldn’t do much. This time around I was rear ended while sitting at a traffic light and I didn’t see them coming. I know I got lurched forward and I think my belly made contact with the wheel. I assumed the other person was going at least 40+ mph so I decided to get checked. They took me by ambulance to the ER near by and the made me stay over night in L&d which was inconvient but reassuring. I called my OB the next morning and they said if I hadn’t gone to the ER they would have wanted me to come in that day to get checked. I think you should at least ca your OB and not wait til the next appt to see what they advise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I just got home from a family dinner. I’m 29 weeks and no one caught on. I wore a hoodie that makes me look a little chunky, but not pregnant.  I also made sure to stay in a corner seat, but still engaged in conversation.  Last time I announced at 30 weeks, and this time I’m almost certain I’ll make it to 34 weeks before I announce.  And I only plan on announcing if I get asked.  

Now if I only I could sleep. Baby moved back to head down with feet in my lungs. Makes it hard to breathe.  I also have my 3D in the morning and I’m super excited about it.  I feel wired, but tired.  

@beachmama14 My appointment was today. Everything checked out.  Baby looks good.  She’s moving all over the place with plenty of fluid.  I don’t have to go back for 5 more weeks.