TTC after 35

TW: pregnancy mentioned

Today we heard the heartbeat! I should be 6 weeks 4 days but am measuring 6&2. Hb is 121 and the nurse said anything over 100 is good!

I want to thank those who have lifted me up, grieved with me, been angry with me, and celebrated with me the last 2-1/2 years. This is an incredible community and I am so thankful for everyone. I will be leaving TTC After 35 at this point, thought I would never graduate and am still in disbelief, but will look forward to lurking to see your successes in the coming months.

Re: TW: pregnancy mentioned

• YAY! That is absolutely fantastic news.

This means we now need a grad check-in thread. My u/s is tomorrow, I'll be 7w4d. I'm super anxious but also resigned to the fact that I've done all I could so far and it's out of my hands.
  • @marijaa333 love the idea for a grad check in! How exciting about your ultrasound today! So you’re about a week further than I am, how are you feeling? For me the dizzy/lightheadedness and nausea are the worst.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats ladies!  This is awesome news!!!
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    Yes, exactly a week then! I'm 7w4d today according to my calculation, 7w1d according to the OB's measurements, but she said anything within 5 days at this stage is expected. The U/S went fine, and I feel much relieved. Heartbeat was 140.
    I feel pretty crappy - nausea and exhaustion that seem to still be increasing. They started in earnest at the end of week 5 and so far I've been consistently wiped and queasy, although eating VERY frequently helps.
    How are you feeling? 
  • @marijaa333 I feel the exact same as you except my symptoms of nausea started at 3-1/2 weeks like with DD. Eating frequently has helped though I’m down 3lbs so far and a long way to go. I also get dizzy vertigo feeling esp when I turn my head or move my head from down to up.
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    @Momifbysea I get the dizziness every once in a while too. I'm just taking it one day and a time and remembering how grateful I am to have come this far.
  • YAY! Congrats to you both!
  • Woot!!! Couldn’t be happier for you!!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @PoeMasque. I can’t count the times you kept me going over the last couple years. This is still surreal, not sure when I’ll really “believe it” if that makes sense.
  • @Momifbysea so glad I could lend some support :) I completely know what you mean by not believing it yet, just wait until none of your pants fit and you’re feeling little flutters - should be soon! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!!!!