Infertility

Nov 2018 FET

Re: Nov 2018 FET

• @kristimh80 :D I sure hope so!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ndz2018 that's great! That was basically me on Friday: COME ON BECOME FULL FLOW WHAT R U WAITING FOR aaaaand then it kind of held off til Saturday, sigh. Hoping you get there faster than I did!!
  • @ndz2018 congrats on getting your FET date! yay!!!!
  • @ndz2018 can I like this 100 times
  • @leilee101 I'm doing better.  It's difficult at times because my S-I-L is 20 weeks pregnant right now and this will be the first grandbaby for my parents... so... ya know.  That stings a bit, but I'm hopeful that November will be our month!  How is your HCG still at an 11?!!  My word!  I have no idea what mine is because they haven't called me in to test it but I've been freaking cramping like a mo fo since last Friday and still haven't started yet.  Grrrrrrrrr!!!  I'm a tad moody  :D

@ndz2018 Congrats on getting AF and a date on the calendar for FET!  I'm only a little jealous.  ;)

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @ndz2018 Yay!!! So excited for you!!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kimberlyshae I can totally empathize with you with your SIL being pregnant. My SIL started her IVF 2 months  ahead of me and my niece was born in Sept sooooo they did their ivf and had a baby and in all this time I’ve been waiting for my first FET!!!

@leilee101  RIGHT?!?? It’s about freakin time! 

• @ndz2018 Ok, you win!  That story is worse than mine!  LOL!  We're gonna get it this time though for sure! :)

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

• Light spotting alert!  Whoop Whoop!  Bring on the flow baby!!

• hey ladies, hoping to join you!  CD1 today and going in for baseline tomorrow. fx everything looks okay and we can get going!
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Welcome @wishing-and-hoping and @beachbunnyxo123! Congrats @beachbunnyxo123 on no more endometriosis! That's awesome!

Ahhhhh!! Finally started last night so I guess CD1 is today. That was a good 5 1/2 weeks since my D&C on Sept 10th. @ndz2018 I am doing a medicated FET but adding in an antibiotic protocol this time around. I'll still be on my other meds, patches, endometrin and baby aspirin but will add in some antibiotics this time. The doc wants me to have a sonohysterogram done this time. Has anyone else been through this procedure? Also, they have my estimated FET date on Dec 7th which seems like a week late to me. I'm going to try to get it moved up. Sigh!  :/

• @kimberlyshae yes the saline sono is totally normal procedure. I had one after my d&c in July. They check the uterine cavity to make sure it is all clear and empty. Mine actually found I still had placental tissue so I needed a repeat d&c but that’s pretty rare. You should ask to go on BCPs, do your saline sono and when it’s normal ask to come off of them and to start your FET meds. This way you don’t have to wait a whole other cycle to start and that should put you back in November 
  • @kimberlyshae @beachbunnyxo123 that’s what I thought I was doing tomorrow (the saline sono) but I’m doing a Hysteroscopy. They said it’s for the same thing (to make sure nothing is sticking around after the D&C).. but they throw a little camera up there instead. Anyone have this done?
  • @leilee101 yup, I’ve had three of them. They are better than a saline sono because you can clearly see anything and what it is as well as remove it at the same time. They do saline’s though because they are less invasive as a hysteroscopy is an actual surgery. The good news is if they do find anything they take care of it that day. There’s none of the waiting that you would have to do after the saline if it was abnormal.  They are quick and easy and little pain after. I’ve had polyps removed, I had a cervical dilation during one, and a d&c with one. Usually light bleeding and not much pain. Good luck! Let us know how it goes! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 thank you! I’m literally popping over for one on my lunch break, I didn’t realize it was like a step up of a procedure. They told me just to take 4 ibuprofen a half hour before. I assumed it was like an hsg in terms of just being a quick easy visit because it’s listed as an “office visit.” Guess I will find out tomorrow!
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2018
    @kimberlyshae Yup I just Had a saline sono on 10/5 to make sure everything was still looking good and nothing new popped up. For me, it didn’t hurt at all! Good luck and hoping yours comes back perfect! 

@beachbunnyxo123b Congrats on your bright and shining ute !!! 

@leilee101 Good luck tomorrow! I thought they put you under for a hysteroscopy, no? I love going under so I’m all PRO Anesthesia whenever possible lol... except when I had my uterine septum resection, I was under for over an hour and has a horrible reaction to the anesthesia  :'( . Let’s hope your Ute is shiny and sparkly tomorrow so we can all move onto the Nov FET party!

AFM, Well I’m sitting here in the ER but nothing for me poor hubby has pains in his stomach and his side.... to the point we had to come to the hospital , it’s bad. Last time this happened he had two bleeding ulcers and lost 6 pints of blood and we had no idea( the dr told him it was the stomach flu and to take pepto 4 days later we go to the ER and find out it’s not a big but he’s bleeding internally ). He almost died. They just took him back for a CT scan and we’ve been here for 3 hours so far. It’s busy but  thank goodness I happen to have a pillow and blanket in my car at all times lol because a Sunday night in the emergency room they’re out of blankets, pillow , etc. 
  • **lurking
    @ndz2018 Oh gosh - you just can't get a quiet month can you?! I really hope your hubby is up and about again in no time <3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @ndz2018 omg poor guy!! Hope everything turned out ok! My H used to get stomach ulcers, they put him on some med that helped for a while and now he doesn't take it anymore and it hasn't been an issue in years (knock on wood!!). Keep us posted..
  • hysteroscopy update: "You ute is beaut" - my doctor

Sidenote, that was like pretty freakin' cool, not that many ladies can say they've gotten a firsthand tour of their uterus and tubes. Science is cool. Now just have an appointment Wednesday to sign consents and will hopefully come off BCP by the end of this week, beginning of next week!! 
  • @leilee101 woohoo! glad you have that step behind you. 
    @ndz2018 ugh! hope everything is ok with YH
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited October 2018
    @leilee101 So glad your UTE IS BEATU😂!! So it’s def a go for Nov??

@roisis You’re not Kidding!!

Thank you guys so much!

Bad news:  He was having a flareup of his diverticulitis/ulcers and got some antibiotics fo it but at the CAT scan they found a small nodule on his lower right lung and when I say Small I mean Tiny like 2mm... But enough to send hubby into full panic mode. So today is a full day of our reg doc, getting scripts foR a lung CAT scan( then hopefully an MRI) and calls to the insurance company to see how fast we can get them all approved. I’m sure it’s nothing but better safe than sorry!!

Good news : I got my FET date 
    messed up, Looks like my FET will be Tuesday November 6th!! This is all tentative that by lining cooperates of course. First lining check is this up coming Wed!  Thinking thick thoughts! 
  • @ndz2018 Sending lots of love!! Praying for a speedy recovery for hubby! Hooray, I'm glad to hear your FET is earlier than expected. <3 Let me know if you need anything! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @leilee101oh my gosh I love your doc!!! Ute is a beaut. I love it. Glad everything went well!

@ndz2018 ugh that’s awful. Sorry to hear that you guys are dealing with that right now. Hoping he has a speedy recovery and that your lining is getting nice and thick for Wednesday! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Thank you. He'll be ok.  We have an CAT tomorrow morning for his lungs to check and make sure there is nothing to be concerned about, which seems to be exactly what the doctor said too... that it's more likely that its nothing to worry about than it is. My guess is its just a tiny nodule and is harmless but DH automatically goes to the worst case scenario and thinks "cancer" so we will do every test. I also think they'll do an MRI and then in 6 months do another one to compare. 

AFM, Lining check tomorrow and as long as my lining is growing we'll for sure be on schedule for 11/6... I guess I start PIO on 11/1 or 11/2? Is it 5 whole days prior to FET or is the 5th day your FET?
  • @ndz2018 you’ll start pio on 11/1 if your transfer is on 11/6. It’s 5 full days before. Hoping the rest of the testing for YH goes well! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Gotcha! Ok that makes sense. I’ve been on estrace for like 4 days and I'm practically falling asleep at my desk. Forgot how tired it makes me :(
  • Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had 2 frozen embryos put in? I have had 3 miscarriages 2 of them out of ivf. My doctor says I have to meet certain criteria to have 2 put in. This will be my last attempt and be  really want to try for 2. Does anyone know these guidelines? Good luck to everyone else!!! 
  • *lurking as always* @respcare I never did this, but if your doctor is ok with it, then do what feels best for you! :) I know with PGS tested embryos, most recommend only doing 1 at a time because the risk of multiples is higher. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• edited October 2018
    @respcare i think each clinic may vary slightly on their guidelines but typically if you are over 35 and/or have had FET failures they are more likely to transfer more than one embryo.

i dunno if the estradiol is playing a role or what but i have been so down the past day or so. i know several of you have had failed FETs as well as losses and can probably relate, the pain of all of this comes in waves... and i feel like one is crashing on me right now. heard yesterday that a friend just had a successful FET, i know i should feel happy for them but all i can think is "why them? why not us? they already have a baby." ugh, hate these ugly feelings.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• I totally agree. I’m so depressed and just feel isolated like no one understands. I feel better  reading everyone posts to know that I’m not the only one but it’s so sad we have to go through this. I hope everyone one day will get the baby they deserve!
  • @wishing-and-hoping It could be the estradiol, or it could be hearing about your friends success triggered something in you and it brought back all these feelings. It’s a shitty endless cycle sometimes especially when you’re the one on the end when nothing ever seems to work out... know that you’re not alone. I’m a PM away doll.. lots of creepy internet hugs! H

@respcare  Are your embryos PGS tested? Maybe that’s why they don’t want to put two in? 
  • Hi all—I’ve been off the boards for a few days and was just catching up. 

@wishing-and-hoping I’m so sorry to hear you’re having an emotional time. IF is so hard on us regardless, and then on top of that you add in the cocktail of extra hormones and it’s a recipe for a lot of blues. 

@ndz2018 yikes that’s so rough for your husband! I hope he gets the care he needs. But it’s exciting that your FET plans are coming along! 

@respcare I think after losses like that it makes sense to have the conversation of transferring two. It’s so dependent on a particular doctor—I’m sure the fact that they’re PGS tested is what gives them pause. 

I went in for my saline sono on Friday and got the all-clear. I know I did one for my IVF and first transfer but there was so much going on in that whole time period I didn’t remember how uncomfortable it was! So I willfully misinterpreted their instructions to be on pelvic rest afterwards as “be on full body rest and also you should probably eat super indulgently too kthx you deserve it.” 

So now I’m just waiting for my November period and we’ll get the ball rolling in FET plans and meds! It looks like we’ll be able to time it to avoid BCP which is good because I don’t miss the migraines they give me. 
  • @wishing-and-hoping sorry that you’re having a tough time right now. Everything you speak of is absolutely upsetting and I’m sure the hormones from the estrace isn’t helping at all either. Hoping everything works out for you.

@cato99 glad the saline went well! Exciting that you’ll be starting soon and bypassing BCPs! 
  • @ndz2018 holy crap that’s a great start to your lining!! Mine never even goes over 8
    @wishing-and-hoping one thing I have learned throughout this process is that it really does come in waves. Some days I don’t even think about it, some days really suck and I get really down. But no matter what, I try to focus on the long run and how this whole process I started just a short window and one day will be a thing of the past. Hang in there ❤️

I had an appt with my dr today and was hoping to get the all clear to come off BCP at the end of this week, but he said he can’t approve it until hcg is under 5. Ugggggh, it’s taking forever to go down! It was at 9 on Monday, but a week before that it was at 11. He hopes that hysteroscopy will have flushed out whatever might have been lingering and that it will be <5 on Monday, but honestly at this rate what if it doesn’t happen. I’ve already had a period and a normal hysteroscopy, what more can I do to make it come down all the way??
  • @ndz2018 that’s great news!! Did they up you to three times a day? When do you go back again?

@leilee101 ugh sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me it took FOREVER for my hcg to drop and I needed a repeat d&c because there was still placental tissue in there so it wouldn’t drop to zero on its own. If your doc didn’t see anything from the hysteroscopy it should really come down by Monday because if anything was in there the hysteroscopy would have disrupted it. When are you scheduled to do your transfer?