June 2019 Moms
Options

Announcement Thread

When/how are you planning to announce to family/friends/social media? 

Re: Announcement Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like that idea @meatballs37

and I know after everything you’ve been through it can be terrifying to get excited, but I hope you find peace in whatever you choose to do ❤️
  • Options
    @srscott3 ❤️

I also wonder if i will be showing by 12-ish weeks. I kind of hope not. With DD it was close to 18-20. And with the twins, I know I wasn’t showing at 12 weeks yet because we announced then and no one had a clue. So I think we will be ok as long as we don’t wear anything to form fitting. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 oh I realllyyy hope that’s the case. I think I can hide it pretty well with my regular clothes, but I was worried because I’m in the wedding and our bridesmaids dresses are flowy and show all the curves 😬
  • Options
    @srscott3 ugh. Those darn bridesmaid dresses! 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I LOVE that onesie. 
  • Options
    Planning on telling our family all together at thanksgiving (around 12 weeks) and won’t worry about social media until probably like 20 weeks 😜. 
  • Options
    I love all of these ideas so much. 

@meatballs37 that sounds absolutely perfect. 

@srscott3 I love the balloons!! So sweet. 

I have no idea when/how to announce. I’ll end my first trimester right around Thanksgiving, but I will probably wait until Christmas to announce. My hometown offers elective sex ultrasounds 😬 at 16w3d, which for me will be the week before Christmas. I’m thinking about going there, getting the sex written down on a card, taking it to a local bakery and having them open the card and put either pink or blue on the inside, and then cutting into it as a family on Christmas Eve. Then maybe announcing on social media after that. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I was thinking about a stocking type announcement too but don't know if I can wait an extra month without getting caught. I mean, once niece finds out its public know because she can't keep things to herself. And shes old enough (almost 10) where she will start to pick up on things between last pregnancy and my pregnancy with DS.
  • Options
    We told my parents, ILs, and my siblings with DS is a big brother shirt.
    The weekend after our first u/s a friend of ours is doing mini photo sessions at an apple orchard and I plan on putting DS in his big brother shirt for a few of those and using them on social media around 20 weeks. Everyone who finds out between 12 weeks and 20 can just figure it out by seeing my stomach. I imagine I'll show quickly. I showed fairly quickly for a ftm with DS as well.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I love the stocking idea!

I think we plan on telling all my family at Thanksgiving after my first appointment. My only holdup is that I have siblings that are much, much younger (between 4 and 9) and *TW* I told them early with my last pregnancy and they were absolutely devastated when we lost the baby, and I don’t want to possibly put them through that again *END TW* So we may wait until Christmas and then do an announcement on social media shortly after that.
  • Options
    We told our parents and siblings with a 'best brother' shirt as we could not find a big brother.  I'm tempted to do Thanksgiving, we will be 12 weeks, in person but we decided to save the days and money and not go home.  We do not live in our hometown so it's pretty easy to hide it. I love the stockings idea!!!  
  • Options
    jacksonbearsjacksonbears member
    edited October 2018
    Only DH, doctor, and my August BMB 17 group know :). I think we'll tell my sister in a few weeks. She just had a baby two weeks ago, don't want to take away any thunder. We're likely going to tell the rest of the family over thanksgiving. It's our 2nd and it wasn't exactly planned, so we won't go too nuts, we might just say it through a toast. 

@harrierwife I like the idea of the holiday card, "M Family +1"! I might have to steal it (my last name starts with M too :p

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Planning on doing my parents and ILs this weekend. We see them all the time and it’ll be obvious if I don’t drink.  I’m going to put DD in a “big sister” shirt and see how long it takes people to notice. 

Im not sure I want to do a social media announcement this time around. But I might do a Christmas card announcement so it only goes to people we really like. But I won’t be out of first tri until like the week of Christmas so I’m not sure. We’ll have to see how it pans out. 
  • Options
    mmccorm2014mmccorm2014 member
    edited October 2018
    I am so torn. My first tri won't end until the week of Christmas. I hate not to use the oppurtunity, but I also wanted to wait as lost as possible before announcing in case anything should happen. I am also second guessing a big social media announcement. I don't think anything is wrong with it! I am just not sure it is for me. Maybe it's different after a loss.

@ShadesofGreen816 We are close in timing!
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    I love all these ideas! We told our parents at 6 and 7 weeks with our first two, but I'm 6 weeks now and I'm not really ready to share yet. I'm still a little in shock myself and I'm just hoping/wishing/praying that my sister gets a BFP this month, too. Sadly, if she isn't pregnant then I know we won't make a big deal out of the family announcement. Kind of makes me feel bad for this little peanut. In the past, I have never been ready to share on social media until I have a noticeable bump shape, so I have a few months yet to plan that big reveal. 'Big Bro' shirt for the little one seems like the way to go!
  • Options
    We will not do a fb or other social media announcement as it’s just hard and scary after a loss but we will be doing it on our Christmas card. That’s how we announced our DD and it was nice to tell the people we see/care most about and everyone else can find out from there. 

@mmccorm2014 it’s definitely different after a loss/losses. You have a different mindset and always a fear that those who haven’t experienced that don’t have. 
  • Options
    We plan on telling my parents and ILs next weekend as we will all be together. I found these cards on Etsy that say "What do you get for the Dad/Mom who has everything?" on the outside and "A promotion!" on the inside. We're going to wrap those up and maybe add a pacifier. DH and I are going to the mountains for our anniversary this weekend, so well tell them we went shopping and found them something small. Not sure about the rest of our friends and family. It would be closer to Christmas once we announce, so maybe something Christmas themed? No idea...
  • Options
    We havent told anyone quite yet. Im telling my gym instructor today since I need a routine switch now lol.

Last Friday I had to trick people into thinking I was drinking too, thats the one thing that could give me away!

my birthday is on Nov 22nd (will be 11 weeks) so probably will tell our families by then and then wait a little longer for social media announcement. Its our first pregnancy! 
  • Options
    @jhems776 I LOVE that idea. Totally stealing it.
  • Options
    We had friends do the picture/video thing. It is so cute. Some parts almost make you cry, like how excited her mom was. I thought it was a great way to announce. 
  • Options
    @jhems776 That is seriously the cutest thing ever!! I LOVE it. 
  • Options
    I’m planning to announce in Christmas cards and I’ll post the card on my Facebook after people receive them in the mail. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37, love the stocking idea! I’m Jewish, so we don’t do Christmas, but that’s a really exciting time to announce! @harrierwife, that’s how my friend announced her pregnancy! She had a postcard with “the usual” holiday greetings on the front and a ... promoting you to flip the card. The back had their baby announcement! I can fish it out from somewhere if you’d like a real idea, but I’m sure all of those sites have options.

I waited with my last 2 pregnancies until 14 and 12 weeks, respectively...but, with some minor drama surrounding a changing due date this time around, two of my close friends who are pregnant already know. I’m thinking about telling my parents this weekend when I see them (currently 7+2), but we’ll see how I feel when I’m there. Otherwise, will definitely tell them by my birthday (Nov 18), since it’ll be hard to hide not drinking in celebration. I’m hoping to have my NIPT results by then or Thanksgiving (I’ll be just over 12 weeks) in order to do a fun gender reveal at the same time. When we announced #2 at thanksgiving, we dressed my oldest in a big brother shirt later on in the meal and waited for people to figure it out. It was awesome! This time, I’m leaning towards a possible gender-theme idea, perhaps giving out imprinted cocktail style napkins with dessert that has a cutesy message. I love thanksgiving, so it’ll be great to share the news then. For social media, I’m thinking blue balloons with #1 and #2 held by my boys, and a #3 in whatever appropriate color held by me or tied around my waist. With hubby doing something hilarious in the background (he’s a major jokester).
  • Options
    We already told our parents and one BIL. I'm very sick and vomiting....even with my meds. We told because they would likely see me vomit and figure it out. When I told my parents my dad was like I thought so (we found out four days before). I told one of my coworkers that I'm good friends with and my Jan18 group. Probably tell the rest of our siblings when we see them inperson next.

We will likely wait till 12-14 weeks to tell the rest of the family and in-person friends. Sometime between 16-20 weeks is when we'll likely do a FB announcement.
  • Options
    @kissmeinscottish That. Is. Brilliant.

I just bought a "it's not a food baby" t-shirt off etsy. No idea how I'll use it yet but yay 5 am purchases!

My sister is moving back home end of November so I was thinking of handing her a welcome back gift and it be her promotion to auntie notice. Will probably tell my mom, MIL and husband's brother and his wife around then. The rest can (hopefully) wait until the holidays. We've talked about doing a grab bag gift from the baby to tell our extended family/friends at parties. 
  • Options
    I will be 12 weeks the last Sunday in November so I'm planning on doing the stockings for our fb announcement. Our parents and siblings already know. I quit smoking as soon as I found out i was pregnant and I'm never the one to say no to a glass of wine, or a beer so they would have caught on right away anyways. 
  • Options
    I can’t keep my mouth shut, lol. I’ve already told my parents, my sister, several coworkers, and a hand full of friends. I’m not sure about announcing on social media. My SO wants to but I’m not sure. I do know I will wait a very long time. I will probably announce on Facebook after we find out what we are having. 
  • Options
    @antera23 Yeah I've ended up telling more people than I wanted to... our parents, most of my husband's extended family (grand parents, great aunt and uncle, sister/BIL, stepbrother... ugh.) and now 3 friends. Oh well, if, God forbid, something happens, they're all people I'd want support from anyway.