June 2019 Moms

Favorite Names

Re: Favorite Names

• @luckystar28 how rude of her to do that. I was sorta hoping it was like months or years later and she forgot you liked the name. Boo to her. 
  • I have so many I have so many but not sure if my hubby is on board with any! He’s not wanting to discuss names until we find out the sex. We had a hard time with my daughters name, Gracelyn Jane. So far I’m loving southern/unique names like

Girl
    Magnolia Mae
    River Mae
    Hazel Mae
    Campbell Mae
    Georgia Mae

Basically Mae for sure for middle name, which is my moms middle name. My daughter middle name Jane is my hubbys moms name. 

Boy
    Eli Thomas
    River Thomas
    Thomas Boone

Thomas is my Grandfathers name. 

• Loading the player...
  • I love using family names. We did that last time. DS is Henry. We have two names picked, one boy, one girl. I’m afriad of jinxing it if I say them to anyone. But we love classic names from our family tree so they’re pretty common names.
  • @luckystar28 that is absurd! I would have been so upset. Don't blame you at all for not sharing. I would keep it to private after that too. How rude!
  • @luckystar28 - Whuuuu?? What a jerk move!!
  • @luckystar28 Rude! I’d be furious. I don't share in real life either. I feel comfortable sharing here, but I don’t want the input from people face to face who are going to hate my names or steal them. Keep them close! 
  • @luckystar28 Yes! Exactly. And I am happy to pm you the name lol. These boards are more public than you think... I think I shared too much last time around (on my old user name) and am weary of that again! 
    Amen to all of this. These boards are very public and frankly there are a lot of crazy people running around. We had two major falling outs in my last BMB to the point that our FB group had to be dismantled and two groups formed from the original one. 

Im playing it much closer to the vest this time around.
  • @ncm1919 ygpm. 

I am terrified of sharing too much this time. Too many people and lurk. 
  • @luckystar28 what the heck?! Before we got pregnant my bff and I told each other all of “our” names so we knew which ones were off limits 😂
  • @mamamaggie524 I love Luna! Maybe it’s bc I’m obsessed with Chrissy teigen and that’s her daughters name 😂 - I think it’s adorable! 
  • Ya’ll are too kind coming to my support and side haha. Granted, we did not have a girl last time around. So maybe she thought the girl name was fair game since we didn’t use it? lol 
  • @luckystar28 my aunt stole the name my parents had picked out for me. My cousin was born 4 month before me. She pressured my mom into sharing and told my mom a different name they had picked out. My mom's still pissed about it but says that she now likes my name better than what they had picked out. My dad also said he preferred my current name. I share this to give you hope that you might end up with a name you like better in the long run. Or still name your baby that if it is a girl. It's the name you love, don't let someone ruin that for you.

But seriously, I would never trust that person again. You don't name steal. If you find you really like a name that someone else mentioned then you talk to them.
  • dd is Zailyn Evangelina 
    ds is Pablo Emilio 

new baby is still unnamed. we wanna clear the first trimester before making any attachments. Plus we dont agree on anything ever so we will see.
  • We have a Kendall and Reagan. If we have a girl we're thinking Harper or Rowan. For a boy we like Greyson
  • antera23antera23 member
    edited October 2018
    @luckystar28 that is so rude!! My friend stole my baby girl name too. 

We don’t agree at all. 

My SO loves the name Emilia for a girl. I like it alright. Last time we compromised and came up with Emilia Dorothea. The middle name is after my grandmother. We didn’t get to use it so maybe it will be back in the running. 
    I recently found out my SO’s great grandmothers name was Leora. I love that name! 
    I also like
    Avonlea 
    Lorelai
    Clara 
    Lucy
    Eleanor or Nora 

I don’t like any of my SO’s favorite boy names. I love the name Owen but my SO doesn’t. He likes the name Elijah. I don’t. 
    My favorite boy names are 
    Vincent 
    William 

• Boy-
    Arthur 
    Robert
    William

Girl
    Marjorie

TJtheGoat, I've had Marjorie on my list for 12 years. It's my mom's (Margery) and my grandma's (Marjorie) names. They have both passed so it's a great way to carry it on plus I love names with nickname options. Also, we have a Benjamin and I love it. 

My unpopular opinion on the stealing the name thing: no one can steal a name. You hear a name, you like it, you use it. It would be at the bottom of my list of things to worry about. I stole my first son's name from Dr. Suess and my younger son shares a name with a bajillion people. I had a friend ask me permission to name her son Theodore when my older dude was 3 and I was like wtf? I don't own it. People can name their kids whatever they want.

I do, however, think a lot of people don't reveal the name because all of a sudden people will have hard and fast opinions about the name you pick.
  • My 4 year old is Shane Travis. Travis is my husband's middle name

So far I like Connor Matthew since Matthew is my dad's middle name. My husband isn't on board though.

For a girl...I like the name Charlotte for the nickname Charlie, but its SO popular right now (thanks royals) I just can't do it.

I like Ella because it plays on my mom's middle name (Ellen) and she passed away last November. I fear its a little too popular but I'm not sure I care due to the connection to my mom. Again, husband isn't too keen on it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @PowderKeg now I’m hoping you have a girl and can name her Marjorie. That would be so sweet, especially with the connection to your mom and grandma. :love:
  • ki1244ki1244 member
    edited October 2018
    Our boy name was pretty easy - Skyler Joshua, named after DH's student manager who has become like a son to us. Never really liked the name much, but naming him that was a no-brainer. Grown-up Skyler was legitimately more excited for Baby than I was.

For a girl, I think we're currently settled on Lillian Grace. I personally wanted to name her Liberty but nickname her Lilly, but DH isn't on board (...yet, still working on convincing him). We also like Felicity Ruth.

@PowderKeg Marjorie was his first choice baby name when we first met, but we named our first strawberry plant that instead (pets were a little too much responsibility, plus with his job we could move any time and we didn't want to limit our choices for apartments/houses...so our "pets" have been the edible variety). What a sweet tribute that will be for you!
  • We had two names picked out that DH and I had both agreed on for the last pregnancy. We loved both Olivia and Lucas. A couple of friends who got pregnant in the spring told us that their top two names were identical to ours, and we told them right away that they were also our favs so that they didn’t think we would be stealing if we used one of them. They’re having a boy, so that one’s out of the running for us, and the girl name is out of the running too (part of the reason is that we told my mom and she absolutely hated it), so we’re starting from scratch.

We can’t really agree yet on new names. DH really likes Isaac for a boy, and I’ve really started to like Eloise for a girl.
  • @kjr9519 ugh why do ppl have to weigh in on the name game. If you like it you like it why does it matter who doesnt. We have a long list of names and the only firm name we keep coming back to is Ryder as a middle name boy or girl. We dont want to name our kid after anyone and have avoided names we know people have used. Lol I feel like we are having a boy and told my husband yesterday then later suggested a name for a girl and he was like thought its a boy! 
  • @canuckbaby I told my mom thinking that she wouldn’t do that kind of thing to me, but she was quite rude about it. I’m going to be keeping our name choices this time around a secret until the end.
  • @kjr9519 thats disappointing but luckily you have time to fall in love with something different! My Brother and SIL had two names in the air for my niece and decided the day they took her home. Lol i didnt like the name they didn't pick. Didn't say I hated it just preferred the other name and that it was their choice either way!
  • DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited October 2018
    We are batting around Michael, Daniel or Paul for a boy (no real middle name yet) and Sarah (Christine) or Catherine (Lane) for a girl. 

I also love love the name Marjorie! I adore Maggie as a nickname too! ❤️
  • Do you guys think the name Rowan is about to become extremely popular? I'm having doubts about the name. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ Im in CA so a name like Rowan would be fairly popular. I’ve heard it, but don’t personally know any Rowans. I wouldn’t be worried about it. 
  • @eleven_ I know one Rowan under 3. As for increasing in popularity, I’m not sure! Where does it currently rank? I can see it becoming more popular but not necessarily top 20. 
  • @luckystar28 It jumped from rank 182 in 2016 to 140 in 2017. I just keep hearing it more often and I’m worried it will be the next Liam. No offense to anyone who likes Liam, I just have an extremely common name and absolutely hated it growing up.

TW

• I only know 1 Rowan. I do think it's becoming more popular but depending on where you are, it may not have caught yet.
  • @eleven_ I only know one Rowan, and it’s a little girl from my aug 16 board. I haven’t come across a Rowan in a Cord eval in the hospital yet either. I think you are fairly safe. I doubt Rowan will be the next jaxson/Jackson. And no offense to anyone who likes that name, but man we see that one A LOT here. 
  • I know one Rowan, she is a teenager and goes by Ro for short. I think the name is beautiful, adorable and unique. I know people bring the name up on boards and whatnot a little more regularly than in the past but at least for the past 3 BMBs I was in and all the people in know IRL - I only know one.  
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you all for the responses! I feel better about it now. 
    TW

• Common names are so popular because they are just that good of a name!  This coming from someone with one of the most popular names. 
  • @jhems776 Does your name start with a J?  :D
    TW

• @jhems776 you’d agree with our naming philosophy ;) 
  • TW

• @jhems776

Hey from the other super popular J name of the '80s :D

• The only use of Rowan I know is as a middle name. I think it’s a beautiful name (for what that’s worth).

Naming tiny humans is hard work. I wish my husband and I agreed more. He likes names that I would consider to be rather generic, I like names that are a little too different for him. For what it’s worth, it really amazes me how a name settles on a baby over time, once they’re actually here, and becomes a part of their identity. I remember hemming and hawing over my daughter’s name for ages before she was born, but once she was here, I couldn’t picture her as anything else.

This time around, we’re struggling pretty impressively to agree on anything (though I recognize that we have a lot of time). We’ve kicked around Jamison Bryce for a boy, which I really like, but my gut is telling me it’s a girl. If it is, we’re in trouble, because we have such different tastes in that department. I like Harlowe and Gracelyn and Easton. He likes Leah and Colette and Brianne. This is going to take a while...

On a side note, @Dcwtada, I really love Catherine Lane - that’s lovely!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker